Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Ki-84 HAYATE 3D model Improvement MODS Beta v2012.09.17  (Read 20865 times)

Paulo Hirth

• MOD is Life!
Re: Ki-84 HAYATE 3D model Improvement MODS Beta v2012.09.17
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2012, 05:35:37 PM »

Thank you! For this and all the long list of improvements you did, You deserve a medal!

JapanCat

• JapanCat Blog's
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2012, 09:46:35 PM »

Hi

Thanks ALL. :)

Hi JapCat hope you don't mind my reply but even if I thank you like a modder who you are that improve freely this game for the benefit of all Community , I hope you can think that this little details go to bug problem as this kind of mod alters STANDARD-DEFAULT SKINS USE .
I remember that all Community suffered after the alteration of standard skins with the incoming of your "Zero" series modification in the past year.

We have had the result of a mess and problems  for the Skin selection of "Zero" series untill a wellcomed PATCH-TO-RESTORE-STANDARD "ZERO" SKINS has been released to solve the problem.

I know you -NOT INTENTIONALLY- make this and I know your intention is to give us all the best historical fidelity to the shape of the Japan planes, but I think the alteration of so little details is not as important as to LEAVE STANDARD SKINS as they are in default game.

Hope you know this is not a criticism to your work. My best whishes M8. ;)

If you made MODS of A6M, I'd be able to understand my feeling.
It's easy to say and the execution is difficult.

I have checked a 3D model of a lot of IL2.
There was nothing cruel with a model of A6M in it.
The details that mistakes and the shape which isn't right.
The mapping of skin is cruel in particular, and the shape of the main plane is big and different after 11 types, 32 types and 52 types and A6M is an aileron and the one with the just different size of the flap and shape.
But A6M of IL2 was the stupid structure for which all skin mappings of the same 11 type are used.

It was the method to say that I contorted those only correction of a XY coordinate of a UV mapping and adapted myself to it.

I made an effort in order to use original skin in first zero MODS. But when the angle of the main plane of original A6M is also just different, and those are applied originally, a straight figure can be reproduced, and don't cry, lapislazuli trout.

It's also caused that IL2 calls this the model who made the triangle a basis.
All figures of a main plane warp, and you wouldn't be able to reproduce history.

And it was the system which reproduces a canopy frame by a alpha channel by A6M. This may be a suitable method to reproduce a in-depth canopy by a low polygon.
The problem of saying that skin of 1024 doesn't have enough resolution occurs but to reproduce a complicated canopy frame.

Therefore the area which is a canopy frame by skin of A6M  The, big, including the percentage, the bad influence, in a main plane and a body and  It's the cause to which the resolution of the skin of A6M is reduced big.

I needed many time and trouble in utilization methods study of original skin of A6M. But unfortunately the model of A6M was too severe.
It's an easy judgement, not that skin was changed.
I had no choice with difficulty and judged change in the skin.
It's regrettable that those trouble can't be understood besides MODDA.

The wing and the short gear from which the length is also different by the asymmetry of left and right in other ones.
By all models, the same Oerlikon 20mm canon.
I don't pay my respects to a modeler of A6M of IL2.
Anger is felt to why it's a so cruel model though it's the Japanese most famous bird.

If just saying, it's easy.

SAS~Bombsaway

• Choose your battles wisely.
  • SAS Team
  • A day without laughter is a day wasted
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2012, 10:13:07 PM »

I have to say that JapanCats models are far more superior than the original A6Ms and even if we need new skins to fit his models it is better to have new skins made than for him to remap his new models to keep the default skins. I prefer new skins because the skin makers keep improving thier work every time they make new skins.
Thank you JapanCat for all your hard work and I look forward to your work in the future.
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

JapanCat

• JapanCat Blog's
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2012, 10:18:50 PM »

I have to say that JapanCats models are far more superior than the original A6Ms and even if we need new skins to fit his models it is better to have new skins made than for him to remap his new models to keep the default skins. I prefer new skins because the skin makers keep improving thier work every time they make new skins.
Thank you JapanCat for all your hard work and I look forward to your work in the future.

Thank you very much, Bombsaway.

English is difficult. My feeling can't be translated correctly. :-[

I'd like to communicate more actually. :-X

SAS~Bombsaway

• Choose your battles wisely.
  • SAS Team
  • A day without laughter is a day wasted
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2012, 10:37:18 PM »

You do very well with your english. Your work is always the best. :) Thank you for your hard work.
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Whiskey_Sierra_972

• Modder
  • In memory of my beloved hero: Saburo SAKAI!
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2012, 10:31:02 AM »

You do very well with your english. Your work is always the best. :) Thank you for your hard work.
+1

BravoFxTrt

• "BIGFOOT"
  • Modder
  • Flying Ass Clown #13
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2012, 02:10:10 PM »

Thank you JCat

Bravo :)
MSI R9 280X 6GB x2/Crossfire /ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 Mobo/AMD FX 4170 Bulldozer 4core CPU/RAM Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB/ Corsair RM 1000WATT PSU/Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit

Yeager_1946

• Modder
« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2012, 04:44:19 PM »

X2

I agree. I'd rather have JapanCat's beautifully crafted and accurate A6M 3d models than a million old skins on the ugly old 3d models.

Besides, pretty soon all the old skins are going to be made obsolete by new 2048 x 2048 skins anyway.

Thank you for all your beautiful work, JapanCat!  :)

wingflyr

• Modder
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2012, 11:28:29 PM »

:) :) :) :D Gorgeous work my friend, I truly love your work. Thank you.

JapanCat

• JapanCat Blog's
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2012, 06:45:12 AM »

Thanks all

I use skin as original as possible.

But when having to change it big, skin is corrected.

That may be regrettable.
But it's said that an original defect is big only that.

Correction have limited. I have no choice but to reform in that case.

Thank you very much. JapanCat

Günther

« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2012, 02:06:01 PM »

Hi JapanCat

My question is the following that will there be a correction for the landing light?

again thx for the mod :)

PDelaney

« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2013, 05:52:12 AM »

I missed this when it was first posted...

Thanks JC for this Mod

I especially love those cannons

Ho 155 30mm

Excellent!

:) :) :) :)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 25 queries.