Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Carrier Take off  (Read 6923 times)

Gatrasz

• Supporter
  • Dead but dreaming...
Re: Carrier Take off
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2011, 01:00:08 PM »

Oh... Sure, it can't  :D

Whiskey_Sierra_972

• Modder
  • In memory of my beloved hero: Saburo SAKAI!
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2011, 01:13:28 PM »

Try to set a path for the carrier too or use a stationary ship....

Sharkzz

« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2011, 10:03:52 PM »

G'day this is a copy paste for those that need to add to your mission file'
hops this helps, just copy and post this into a new notepad leave it in you missions folder then every time you need to re fix after FMB of your mission just wack it in and adjust according to taste, bit of chilly , corriander and lime as well  :o
see explanations that may help you, text after the --------- don't add to mission file : )
                      0 = off      1 = on
[Mods]
  NoNavLightsAI  0             -------------- setting to 1 makes AI Nav lights go off
  FastLaunchAI  1              -------------- 1 = sets AI jump to catapult when CatapultAI allowed
  CatapultAllow 1               -------------- 1 = Allows players to use catapult
  CatapultAllowAI 1            -------------- 1 = Allows AI to use catapult
  CatapultBoost 26            -------------- sets Boost power for the catapult - it has an upper limit where it only goes to default high 20's    low 30's good for any load out carrier planes or heavies, have fun and see what you like.
  CatapultAI_GrafZep 1     --------------  sets what type carrier AI catapult allow -  not all carriers have catapults
  CatapultAI_EssexClass 1
  CatapultAI_Illustrious 1
  CatapultAI_CVL 1
  CatapultAI_CVE 1
  StandardDeckCVL 1
  ExternalViewLevel  1           ------------  1 = outside view of your own plane and friendly team only set at 2 gives yours and camera & enemy, set at 0 gives no outside view
  ExternalViewGround  0        ------------- set at 1 will let you view when on ground only for you not enemy.
  ExternalPadlockLevel  1  (or 2)   ----------  0 = off  1 = yours only 2=2 all padlock views on
  ExternalViewDead  1          ------------   0 = inactive  1 = you can get an outside view when dead ONLY
special note with outside views, this will only work if you have chosen no external view etc  ie full closed pit in set up difficulty window at game start up. AND for limited padlock views when NO padlock is chosen... REMEMBER to have one space then the number

weather is fun to play with but be nice, it can be a REAL PAIN to fly in....
[WEATHER]
  WindVelocity 20
  WindDirection 15
  WindTop 2336
  WindTurbulence 2
  WindGust 2
copy paste part  below
[Mods]
  CatapultAI_EssexClass  1
  NoNavLightsAI  0
  FastLaunchAI  1
  CatapultAllow 1
  CatapultAllowAI 1
  CatapultBoost 26
  CatapultAI_GrafZep 1
  CatapultAI_EssexClass 1
  CatapultAI_Illustrious 1
  CatapultAI_CVL 1
  CatapultAI_CVE 1
  StandardDeckCVL 1
  ExternalViewLevel  1
  ExternalViewGround  0
[WEATHER]
  WindVelocity 20
  WindDirection 15
  WindTop 5336
  WindTurbulence 2
  WindGust 2

New Right Arm Amputee, One armed flyer and Longboard surfer, I now swim and paddle in circles .

santobr

• Modder
  • Senta a Pua!
    • F
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2011, 07:42:32 AM »

@Phlegethon

I think you need to set the carrier as a home base.

santobr.

Knochenlutscher

• Flying Ass Clown #10
  • Modder
  • aka Segfej
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2011, 08:06:34 AM »

;) Setting up Carrier Player Waypoints in FMB with pictures:
http://www.il2-fullmissionbuilder.com/takeoff-waypoints.html?PHPSESSID=6b3cd0b8ab02e1b183a49fa3e961d44f

Setting up heavy loadout Carrier take-oof for Player in FMB with Pictures:
http://www.il2-fullmissionbuilder.com/heavy-carrier-takeoffs.html?PHPSESSID=6b3cd0b8ab02e1b183a49fa3e961d44f

I've done it for Coral Sea to add all CV's as random scrambles in QMB. You can do that too, calm down and read the Tutorials I gave you.
Player must be Plane 1 (Sqadron 1/Group 1), check then select Player. Not 2,3, or 4 and then select Player, won't work. Set the carrier you want as Homebase, you can alter the CV type and speed in .mis file with notepad later. Just make sure place the take-off point near the carrier, set target to CV. After T/O point set the point 1 in line, so you'll be on the safe side. Make the Waypoint 1 in line with runway or CV, just a few miles away, then head to the mission cordinates, lets the AI get up in line and head towards not cruising while in Take-off procedure. It's unlogical to take off and head in 90° almost direct to target, have seen this in a lot QMBs, it's getting me mad.
Hope this helps
Wiseman : "Did you speak the exact words?" Ash : "Look, maybe I didn't say every single little tiny syllable, no. But basically I said them, yeah."

Sharkzz

« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2011, 08:40:10 AM »

you will have AI taking off if you put yourself in a flight of more than one (1) meaning  you.
click your plane you want, any plane just one, fmb, first click on carrier, click waypoint drop down "takeoff"
click "set" make sure you put the crosshairs spot on the carriers icon so the carriers icon shows  make another waypoint to your liking, and even more waypoints , same with landing , , landing waypoint at carrier, click dropdown "landing" click set place crosshais on carrier icon . enjoy    ;D
just your plane, 1 or 4, in your flight will be cool as.
New Right Arm Amputee, One armed flyer and Longboard surfer, I now swim and paddle in circles .
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 24 queries.