Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: G50 Fiat corrected Propellor v2  (Read 5990 times)

SAS~CirX

• R.I.P.
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • No Zips, Only Buttons
G50 Fiat corrected Propellor v2
« on: November 02, 2009, 05:37:38 PM »

This mod corrects the Italian version of the G-50, giving it proper propellor instead of the finnish cone version.

(Someone requested this a while ago, I cannot remember who, but cheers to him!)

v2: Loku did this one, it is much more simple and elegant, and maps the prop to the skin, so your skin of choice will also now show on the propellor. To use, remove previous versions and install.

Cheers Loku!!

Download v2!

S!
CirX

Note: This mod is already contained in the official 4.10 version of the game, so this download only applies to v4.09.

Metatron

• Modder
Re: G50 Fiat corrected Propellor
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2009, 08:32:01 PM »

Great. Thanks!

cgagan

• SAS Team
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2009, 01:51:38 AM »

Thanks! 8)

herbarnold99

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2009, 07:57:10 PM »

Furry Nahz!!!   CirX, now faithful Fiat drivers can realistically plow through emerald Mediterranean skies without the embarrassing Nordic schnoz-cap.  Sexy Italians everywhere thank you!!!  Bella!!!

SAS~Howlin

• Goat herder
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2009, 03:05:41 AM »

I actually flew this plane for the first time yesterday due to this lil mod, and i had to say against an eraly ace hurricane it proves to be quite a lil plane. very enjoyable.

Frankiek

• SAS Team
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2009, 06:11:43 AM »

Olio di Ricino is the italian word for Castor Oil that is a well known lubricant (and one of the best as such). The natural qualities of Castor Oil making it the lubricant of choice in the early aviation time and then use continued for  diesel, jet and race-car engines. The main problem with Castor oil is that it tend to form gums that will spoil the engine in the long term. It is therefore better to use it in engines that goes regularly through a complete revision such as the race-car engines. Castor oil was abandoned because of the availability of lower cost Oil derived lubricants.

In term of temperature Castor oil as a solidification point between -10 and minus -18 C while boiling point is around 313 what it makes a pretty useful range. However if you consider that at the time the industry was producing single grade oils (No SAE10W45 available at the nearest gas station) at each change of season you would undergo to the necessary change of oil types adapted to the specific operational temperatures.   

In addition today with the increasing cost of Oil many users are considering again castor as a viable alternative. Castor oil can also be used for the production of Bio-diesel.

Mane

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2009, 03:26:03 AM »

Is there an Italian G-50 for download? I mean a new slot for RA? Where is it please! :o

Frankiek

• SAS Team
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2009, 08:13:09 AM »

Mane select Italy as a country in FMB or QMB and you will have your Italian G-50 no mods needed just a little magic  :D

Berserker

• HOKA HEY!!!!!!!
Re: G50 Fiat corrected Propellor v2
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2010, 09:06:01 AM »

Hi Cirx.

Could you tell me also how to implement this mod, to the other countries? I dont like the finnish prop cone.

SAS~Loku

• SAS Team
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2010, 09:28:40 AM »

All you need to do is clone G-50(it),copy/paste inside same folder and rename it into G-50(Multi1)

P7a/P11c/f/g P24a/b/e/f/g PZL23/42 PWS-10/26 R-XIII RWD-10/14 GeeBeeR1/R2/Granville P-45 , WhippetMkI, Sdkfz-234/1/2, Kurogane, TKS, Wz.29/34 and some other shit XD

Berserker

• HOKA HEY!!!!!!!
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2010, 09:50:19 AM »

I love you Loku  ;D  ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 26 queries.