Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 17   Go Down

Author Topic: Mod Wheels V.5  (Read 75945 times)

Rudi_Jaeger

Re: Mod Wheels V.5
« Reply #36 on: April 12, 2012, 11:17:54 AM »

Hi Jero, and thanks for responding.

So for now, it appears the only solution to achieve correct hub color on the B-534, is to remove the Avia B-534 folders from the wheel mod folder. Regardless, it's good that the mod allows this option, so the individual weathering and colors can still be visible on the Avia, while still using the mod for other aircraft where the hub color does not matter as much.

Thanks again for your work, and best regards ~ Rudi

warhawk

« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2012, 11:27:12 AM »

You can find the B-534 texture in the tehtures folder, and edit it the way you like.
Than you just switch the image mode back to "indexed", and save it over the original file  ;)

PA_Jeronimo

• SAS Honourable Member
  • I like curves
« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2012, 11:40:32 AM »

You can find the B-534 texture in the tehtures folder, and edit it the way you like.
Than you just switch the image mode back to "indexed", and save it over the original file  ;)

Yes, but it would be fantastic, in the models and allows skinners have done a great job, it appeared the wheel disc of skin. :(

Regards, Jero.

Rudi_Jaeger

« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2012, 12:33:47 PM »

Thanks for the tip Warhawk, but it's not really practical IMO to edit the mod's texture file, as it would require a change every time we select an Avia with different color wheel hubs. Plus, it would still exclude any efforts at individual weathering.. paintchips, mud stains, etc. Sure, it could be done to a certain extent, by keeping a variety of hub textures on hand and swapping them in and out of the texture folder; but this method is ultimately defeated should we want a mission with mixed squadrons.. i.e; squads with red hubs, green hubs, yellow hubs etc.

So for now, the only practical way to display all those little skinning details that distinguish each Avia hub, is to remove the Avia B-534 folders and revert to the default wheels, which will allow the skinner's work to be visible. Sometimes I wish the Avia had retractable landing gear :)

Of course that's not to say that a practical solution won't come about in the future; there are some pretty sharp minds in our community, Jero included.

PA_Jeronimo

• SAS Honourable Member
  • I like curves
« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2012, 03:27:58 AM »

I'm testing with the TB-3 and so far I have achieved this by making a small trap yes, but ..... to see what you think.

PA_Willy

« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2012, 05:07:56 AM »

Whatever wheel you improve, I want it.

warhawk

« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2012, 06:19:47 AM »

It looks very good. Can you use a higher resolution texture to remove the pixeling of the disc?

PA_Jeronimo

• SAS Honourable Member
  • I like curves
« Reply #43 on: April 13, 2012, 06:48:18 AM »

It looks very good. Can you use a higher resolution texture to remove the pixeling of the disc?

I have not used texture, which is the default simulator.

PA_Jeronimo

• SAS Honourable Member
  • I like curves
« Reply #44 on: April 13, 2012, 07:41:28 AM »

Thanks Jero and all for compiling this enhancement to Barnesy's original; this entire (no pun intended) series has vastly improved the chunky appearance of the defaults.

Although I'm curious if the Avia B-534's wheels could be made to only display the 3D of the tires, and allow the actual skin's textures to display over it? As it is, I had to remove the Avia folders from the wheel mod in order to allow display of the correct hub colors and tread pattern for whatever skin I've selected. Avia's were painted in a variety of colors besides OD green, so the mod's OD hubs look a bit out of place on some of them; especially in cases where squadron colors or cammo patterns should be applied to the wheel hubs.

I have not tried them, but I imagine other aircraft that wear their gear externally might have the same issue. Just wondering if there's a workaround, besides removing the affected aircraft folder from the mod and going back to it's default wheels? Thanks for any info.

Hi Rudi, i think I'm on the right track.

Regards, Jero.

Rudi_Jaeger

« Reply #45 on: April 13, 2012, 08:20:49 AM »

Hi Rudi, i think I'm on the right track.

You most certainly are Jero. Even the pilot approves ;)

Somehow you have managed to use the skin's wheel textures, including the tread ( a seperate texture on the template), over an improved 3D wheel.

Whatever you are doing, please keep it up. This promises to be a breakthrough for anything sporting external gear. Perhaps even P-40's, Texans, and such. Nice work!

..and thanks for taking the time to address this issue 8)

(admins, sorry about including the screenie in the quote, but the page flipped when I posted without it, and I wanted folks to see it without flipping back to page 4. I hope that's okay. Thanks)

BravoFxTrt

• "BIGFOOT"
  • Modder
  • Flying Ass Clown #13
« Reply #46 on: April 15, 2012, 04:13:57 AM »

To quote a pic for a good reason as yours is, "not a problem Sir" :). SAS~Admin
MSI R9 280X 6GB x2/Crossfire /ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 Mobo/AMD FX 4170 Bulldozer 4core CPU/RAM Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB/ Corsair RM 1000WATT PSU/Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit

Mick

• Modder
« Reply #47 on: April 16, 2012, 04:51:36 AM »

Well now that we have Loku's outstanding job on the Me 323 (very numerous) wheels, a bug makes this Gigant float in the air when it is static ...

Is there any fix to that ...?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 17   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 24 queries.