Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Mitsubishi Ki.51 Sonia (wip)  (Read 27673 times)

Da_Don

• War Zone escape
Mitsubishi Ki.51 Sonia (wip)
« on: January 31, 2013, 04:03:05 AM »

Hi anyone.
I'm newbe here, and I want to show you, what I'm working now.
I started this model over a year ago, and the last six months, I did not touch the work for various reasons. In the new year, I returned to work on this beauty. At this moment there is complete LOD_0, and I make a texture unwrapping. The model with the texture I'll post here a little later.
DT knows about this model and I'm doing it in such a way to transfer it to some future patch for the game. I also want to say that I work in program Cinema 4D.
The model is created in the form of attack aircraft (i.e. Ki.51B Kyu Kyu Shiki Shuugeki Ki ), but early variant Ki.51A Kyu Kyu Shiki Gun Teisatsu Ki (i.e. Guntei) too planned.
I think it makes sense to do a full animation of all elements of the cockpit canopy, chassis, I also want to put main lights and navigation lights under glass mask.
Tonight I'll post more pictures here, but I will lay out what is at hand right now.
PS if you here on the forum has users from China and / or Japan - I would have been interesting and useful to discuss with them some of the things ( I'm working on maps of Truk, the Marshall Islands, China (Yangtze River, Shanghai and Nanjing) and a huge map of New Guinea, but the work stopped because I did not have enough hands and time. With these cards I need help. Map of the Marshall Islands is actually ready, you just place the static objects )
Sorry my lousy English  :(

RealDarko

• Modder
Re: Mitsubishi Ki.51 Sonia (wip)
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2013, 04:47:40 AM »

Good work!

cgagan

• SAS Team
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2013, 05:39:58 AM »

Looking forward to developments... 8)

jeanba

• Modder
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2013, 05:49:30 AM »

That would be a welcolmed addition

SAS~Malone

• flying as #46 with the FAC
  • Editor
  • proud member of that 'other' site
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2013, 05:53:56 AM »

very nice...look forward to it! :D
.....taking fun seriously since 1968.....  8)

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
    • Check out my modded campaigns
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2013, 06:14:46 AM »

Yes, and excellent choice and a VERY good addition: much used in combat. The Pacific war is hard to imagine without light bombers of this type and others.
You want to give financial support to a front line Ukraine unit fighting the Russian invaders? Paypal kyivragnarock@gmail.com

Semor

• IL2 without Mods is possible,but senseless!
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2013, 08:22:52 AM »

Very,very,veeeery nice work. The Pacific really needs those planes! Carry on!  :)

Btw..only to understand the things right: You make this model only for a future DT patch or can we expect a flyable Ki.51 version for the mod-users?

Greetings

agracier

• Modder
    • The Great War in a Different Light
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2013, 09:31:42 AM »

Very very very nice project ...

Just like with the Spanish Civil War, so with early Japanese operations in China and Manchuria - there are lots of aircraft that would be really great to have for these conflicts ... especially those 1930's aircraft ...

Looking forward to this addition ...

singüe

• No por mucho amanecer, se madruga m
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2013, 11:23:15 AM »

Very nice!

Da_Don

• War Zone escape
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2013, 11:27:49 AM »

Guys, thx for answers  :-[ I do not think much about my work, I'm still a lot to learn in 3D  :-[
Semor
I have a few years to create dynamic campaigns, maps, and scripts, just laying them on the forums. But then I realized that for once all users to use the same new things, we should send them to the DT. Most of the modders do not like DT, because they bring a heavy demand for the models. But there is no choice, you will need to spend a lot of personal time and effort to get everything done strictly according to the requirements of DT. Then all will be able to use this plane in dynamic campaigns (I create them myself) and in multiplayer.
I also planned create cockpit for Sonia. But first, need make airplane model.
Poltava
Hey, you're settled at SAS? For the old forums I have not seen you for a long time. Thanks for the kind words addressed to me  :)

Now I will do a more detailed model screenshots and upload them to this topic

GerritJ9

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2013, 11:51:08 AM »

I have been following this WIP project with great interest at aviaskins.com, it will be a most welcome addition indeed! And don't worry about your English, it is MUCH better than my Russian, I assure you!

Da_Don

• War Zone escape
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2013, 12:05:58 PM »

During the work, I try to follow some of the principles that will allow aircraft to have the absolute recognition. First, exact drawings. Second, the influx of the wing in the midsection is made in such a way as to properly bend the light and look smooth. Glass cockpit as straight, it will give a good light shine
Frame at the bottom of the cab is made in such a way that when a drop shadow, he gave the same effect, which gave this same element in this aircraft. The same can be said about the characteristic hump just behind the second crew member
More screens...

So far, that's all. When I do unwrapping, I show it with texture.

PS is the model of Ki.51B early prodaction with the new windows for cameras at the bottom, with no side windows at the second crew member and two 7.7-mm machine guns in the wings.
By this plane made ??two 28.6 gallon (exactly the same as on Ki.27) external fuel tank, a conformal container for the foto camera on the left wing, two versions of bomb load.
For painting aircraft, I planned to use the colors from the federal Standard library.

GerritJ9 thx  :-[
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 9   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 25 queries.