Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Early jets' canopies: roundness  (Read 9333 times)

Red_Fox90

• Aviator Mod Team
Early jets' canopies: roundness
« on: July 23, 2013, 02:08:08 PM »

Early jets' canopies: roundness

As asked in a request by Boyan, here it comes.

For the moment it's just the MiGs and the Panther that get some more polys here and there.

The MiG 15/17 got a rounder canopy only, while the Panther was up for some sort of a facelift, with new canopy, reworked frontal section and a new pair of wingtip tanks; it was a project i already started back in last year, but as things got in the middle i never found the way to complete and release it.

I want to highlight that the greatest part of the credits should go to the people that created these little gems and in particular to the two great modders that originally made them first: PeterD for the MiGs and Flakiten for the F9F2.

Instructions: unzip and add the folder in your #DBW mods folder (this mod has been created and tested only in a DBW environment).

Download:

MiGs Canopies: https://www.mediafire.com/download/ir2h3sa64sg1o5t/MiG_canopies.7z

F9F2 Overhaul (now with Birdman's LOD fixes): https://www.mediafire.com/download/c99ti94xh66kda6/F9F2_Overhaul_19813.7z

S!

BravoFxTrt

• "BIGFOOT"
  • Modder
  • Flying Ass Clown #13
Re: Early jets' canopies: roundness
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2013, 02:22:54 PM »

Thank you so much Red Fox!! And thanks to Peter D & Flakiten :D

MSI R9 280X 6GB x2/Crossfire /ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 Mobo/AMD FX 4170 Bulldozer 4core CPU/RAM Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB/ Corsair RM 1000WATT PSU/Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit

LuseKofte

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2013, 04:33:09 PM »

I LIKE , Many thanks mate

SAS~Tom2

• SAS Honourable Member
  • no sweat
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2013, 05:08:06 PM »

Thanks a lot mate!

Chrs

Thorsten

BOYAN

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2013, 05:47:44 PM »

Thank you Red Fox for making my request into reality! Unfortunately, only MiGs work for me, Im on 4.09, UP 2.01... Tried putting F9F folder to load first, nothing, tried disabling the F9F mod with freddy cockpit  so only the stock F9F is left (wouldnt work of course, it had a P-80 cockpit, silly me), still no luck. The plane itself doesnt show up when clicking on it in quick mission.... Do you have any suggestions? Is it complicated to make them 4.09 compatible?

Btw, while reading Corky Meyers Flight Journal (awsome test pilot book) today, I got to a part where he flies the F9F prototype for the first flights, and I thought how cool would it be if Red Fox released F9F cockpit today, and guess what I saw when I came back home and got here... Thank you!

duffys tavern

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2013, 07:17:43 PM »

Thank you so much. Little things do mean alot. Really appreciate the little update for the F9F. BTW, I noticed that the F9F pilot never wears his O2 mask, no matter the altitude. Anyone else noticed this or is it just me? Any fix? Any help appreciated. Once again, swell job.

Red_Fox90

• Aviator Mod Team
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2013, 12:53:31 AM »

BTW, I noticed that the F9F pilot never wears his O2 mask, no matter the altitude. Anyone else noticed this or is it just me? Any fix? Any help appreciated. Once again, swell job.

Mistake on my part with hier coordinates, download again the pack.

Thank you Red Fox for making my request into reality! Unfortunately, only MiGs work for me, Im on 4.09, UP 2.01... Tried putting F9F folder to load first, nothing, tried disabling the F9F mod with freddy cockpit  so only the stock F9F is left (wouldnt work of course, it had a P-80 cockpit, silly me), still no luck. The plane itself doesnt show up when clicking on it in quick mission.... Do you have any suggestions? Is it complicated to make them 4.09 compatible?

In 4.09, or other modacts, where you've manually added the F9F mod, i guess you should just take the files in the F9F2 Overhaul folder and overwrite the previous files contained in your original F9F folder. Let me know if the trick works ;)

Fresco23

• Part-Time Skinner
  • Modder
  • F.A.C. #23
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2013, 02:02:57 AM »

Thanks a ton Redfox! Nice addition!
cogito, ergo sum armatus

Griffon_301

• SAS Team
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2013, 03:21:16 AM »

no problem here on my install; had to battle a similar issue yesterday with the Corsair addon canopies in a DBW 1.71 install with the new TFM; finally solved it by renaming it with a ! in front of the name;
did the same here with both mods and they work just fine;

cheers
phil

PA_Jeronimo

• SAS Honourable Member
  • I like curves
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2013, 03:53:50 AM »

Thank you all for the work. ;)

duffys tavern

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2013, 04:05:41 AM »

Thank you very much. The O2 mask really dresses that baby up. This is all much appreciated.

duffys tavern

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2013, 08:28:06 AM »

The F9F seems to work ok in 4.12, RedFox, but not with this addon.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 27 queries.