Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Fix for EngineWep2.eff Errors  (Read 17400 times)

Chupacabras84

Re: Fix for EngineWep2.eff Errors
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2015, 01:22:52 PM »

Check C.U.P manual and Ctrl+F [mods].

ol' Navy

« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2015, 03:10:10 PM »

Check C.U.P manual and Ctrl+F [mods].

Well, now you have confused me (it ain't hard).  As far as checking the manual, I printed it and read through it when CUP was released.  And the Ctrl+F thing, when am I supposed to do that, and to what end?  Sorry for my being stupid.  At times though, I just don't understand.  Thanks again.

Chupacabras84

« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2015, 03:30:07 PM »

Step 1: Open the C.U.P manual in adobe reader.
Step 2: Get confused.
Step 3: Press Control and F at the same time (Do not panic).
Step 4: A window will pop up in the top right corner.
Step 5: Try to resist confusion.
Step 6: In the newly appeared window type [mods] and press enter.
Step 7: Welcome to Narnia  :P
Also, please don't print the manual, think of the trees.

ol' Navy

« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2015, 06:03:43 PM »

I'll try that.  Thanks again for your help.

jt189

• Retired Warrior
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2015, 06:31:02 PM »

I'll try that.  Thanks again for your help.
To tempting
You are going to try what do not get confused/do not panic or do not print manual ;D

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2015, 03:22:56 AM »

you buggers  ;) ...don't worry about a thing ol' Navy.  the MODS section of Conf.INI should contain the line 'WepEffect=1'.  If it ain't there add it.

Meanwhile we will continue to compile mods, work out the fixes and package another 'easy-to-throw-in-Il2-main-directory' set with the next upgrade.

ol' Navy

« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2015, 07:20:42 AM »

you buggers  ;) ...don't worry about a thing ol' Navy.  the MODS section of Conf.INI should contain the line 'WepEffect=1'.  If it ain't there add it.

Meanwhile we will continue to compile mods, work out the fixes and package another 'easy-to-throw-in-Il2-main-directory' set with the next upgrade.

Thank you.  What mainly concerned me was the fact that my conf.ini folder didn't have any {mods} section and I just didn't know where it might have gone or whether is was ever there to start with.  And as shaky as my skills are, I am always really scared of adding stuff I don't understand.  I will add the WepEffect line.  Thank again.

Cloyd

« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2015, 11:41:23 AM »

Thank you.  What mainly concerned me was the fact that my conf.ini folder didn't have any {mods} section and I just didn't know where it might have gone or whether is was ever there to start with.  And as shaky as my skills are, I am always really scared of adding stuff I don't understand.  I will add the WepEffect line.  Thank again.

Certain mods, when activated in JSGME, will add the [MODS] section to your conf.ini. Even if you de-activate them, the [MODS] section will still be there.

ol' Navy

« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2015, 05:46:06 PM »

Certain mods, when activated in JSGME, will add the [MODS] section to your conf.ini. Even if you de-activate them, the [MODS] section will still be there.

Thanks.  Mods scare me oftentimes, and as I have said here before, if I don't understand what they are supposed to do/how, for sure, to install them, I pretty much leave them alone.  I guess that is the reason I don't have a {Mods} section.  Thank you again for your explanation.

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2015, 06:29:22 PM »

ol' Navy

You really ought to have these in there too - Otherwise you won't hear the proper flyby sounds...

[Mods]
Flyby=1
FlybyFov=60.0

Some others enable a random startup splashscreen and the ability to toggle the music files in-flight...

ToggleMusic=1
RandomSplash=1

Recommended with PAL'S VisualMOD, you can toggle the 'speedbar' information through several levels and off.  I don't generally use 'speedbar', prefer to fly with instruments.  However, the bombsight enhancements enable proper bombing with a high degree of accuracy.  Fiddling with the sight while on level-hold, as your Mossie or Lanc flies through a flak-storm, is done better in Il2, with this mod, than any other flightsim new or old...

PALHUDMode=1
SpeedbarUnits=0
SpeedbarTAS=1
SpeedbarSIToo=1
SpeedbarShowExtraInfo=1
PALGameMenuStatusBar=0
PALGameMenuShowFPS=0
BombSightAssist=1
BombSightAssistConf=3
MixedSpeedbar=1
FullSpeedbar=1
PALMODsColor=1
ShowSIToo=1
SpeedbarGMode=3
SpeedbarUnits=4
SpeedbarSpdKMH=1
SpeedbarSpdMPH=1
SpeedbarSpdKnots=1
SpeedbarAltMeters=1
SpeedbarAltFeet=1
HUDGauges=2

I recommend you cut and paste these in.  Give them a try, they are perfectly safe to try out.

Trooper117

« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2015, 04:59:28 AM »

As regards tigers flyby sounds, do they impact on normal engine sounds?
At the moment my IL2 aircraft has no engine sound at all....

wildblue

« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2015, 02:11:25 AM »

Even when flying in first person?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 20 queries.