Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Wings over 'Nam (Vietnam 1965-1973)  (Read 38035 times)

Vampire_pilot

Re: Wings over 'Nam (Vietnam 1965-1973)
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2019, 07:09:27 AM »

I'm sorry for yet another update but i forgot 2 times that the loadouts needed the _ between each space...yeah i'm stupid
All other missions work normally.

this is a work in progress anyway ;)

But you could separate the skin pack from the mission pack itself, so the up-  and download volume for a simple mission update would be significantly smaller.

enry711

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2019, 04:14:03 PM »

You mean 2 separate download links vampire? One for the Mission Pack + Walkthrough and another with only the Skins?

NIGHTFIGHTER

« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2019, 04:45:30 AM »

These are great enry 711, being not much of a jet jockey, thought I would give this a try.  The missions could have been really long, but I think you got these just right, with a great selection of aircraft and scenarios.  Your B-52 mission has to be my favorite ( even though I got blown out of the sky with the first Mig pass !!) the sight and sound of 5 B-52 in close formation ( doing a Flyby F3  ) shock the room...Awesome!!! mate if this one of your first mission packs, we can only look forward to your future one's...Many Thanks for these. 

enry711

« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2019, 10:32:19 AM »

Thank you very much NIGHTFIGHTER  :) I'm already working on 1.6
The B-52 mission was one of the hardest to make, since the AI has troubles with this massive beauty and a lot of time was spent to test every modification each time.
Just to start all the engines you lose at least 5 minutes. ;D
I had the privilege to view this beast live at Duxford inside the "wonder hangar" and i always had a soft spot for it.

If you have any trouble with a specific mission be sure to check the Walkthroughs inside the install zip, they contain a lot of info regarding tactics, targets, situation and general infos about each individual mission.
The B-52 is very vulnerable to SAMs and fighters not only due to his immense dimensions, but also because the D/F variants do not have countermeasures aboard and the only defence you have is the 4x.50 gunner. Be sure to travel at a sustained pace during the bombing run in order to minimize the time you are exposed to the MiGs and also to fly close to your wingmen.
Don't forget to pray that the SAMs don't lock on to you ;D

NIGHTFIGHTER

« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2019, 05:15:38 AM »

Thanks for that info enry711, like you I recently was given a tour of a 52 after it had an in flight emergency and diverted into our base where I work ( the scale of that beast never fails to amaze me ) Back in the first gulf war I was also given a patch from a 52 crew member stating "B-52 tail gunner...Game Over" this was because they were beginning to phase out tail gunners in the aircraft. 

enry711

« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2019, 08:05:00 AM »

Wow it must be awesome to work on an airbase! Amazing
I always liked the B-52 since i was little when my dad gifted me a nice B-52D with SEAC camo. I played with it so much that i broke it... ;D
At Duxford i was astonished by the incredible collection of rare planes they had inside the "wonder hangar"...U-2 with the SA-2 SAM, A-10, B-17, B-24, even the SR-71. The B-52 LITERALLY took 100% of the ground floor space. It was an integrated part of the hangar structure basically ;D

If you want i can make more missions with this huge beast for 1.6 8)

NIGHTFIGHTER

« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2019, 01:03:23 PM »

Mate you can if you want, it's your baby.  but i think you will be limited as you say, not only will it be hard to do but you also have to remember it would take one hell of a computer to deal with the mission.  Duxford is a wonderful place full of very interresting things and im glad ive been there many times, but as i love aviation it's like disney land to me.

enry711

« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2019, 06:09:03 PM »

The hard part is in matching the same waypoint times of the AI B-52s and the player plane (especially with take-off take into the count). It's just time consuming for the main part, then it's a standard mission. Also the N. of planes in flight is limited to only a few squads; the reason is that the B-52 uses A LOT of RAM and i must find a compromise between performance, mission pianification and scene setting (or graphical look).
 ;)

enry711

« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2020, 02:27:50 PM »

Hi guys, just letting you know guys that this project is still very much alive and currently under development for patch 1.6
Wings over 'Nam 1.6 will include missions with less popular 'Nam planes, that currently struggle to have a proper mission to highlight their true potential or role in the SEA theatre of operations...Expect surprises!

While 1.6 is WIP be sure to download vampire_pilot AWESOME campaign for the F-105s! https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,63300.0.html

Some Teasers  ;)

enry711

« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2020, 10:40:59 AM »

Wings over 'Nam v1.6 it's now at full pace!
4 new missions are almost ready. It's the right time to let me know if you have REQUESTS!

dsawan

« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2020, 03:12:09 PM »

Sead missions at least early ones?

ecf111

« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2020, 04:03:15 PM »

Thanks again for all of this! Here's one of a couple of requests, if it sounds interesting.

VO-67 and VAH-21 US Navy P-2 Neptune campaign/missions, night interdiction, sensor/recon gunship missions over Ho Chi Minh trail and elsewhere. The current P-2 franken(BAT) is great but a bit limited in weapons/sensor capability, so I thought these would be great missions for mace's fictional F7F-AJ mod along with the P-2.

Just looking for missions in the sense of the squadron operations, no real dates or missions, which are hard to research anyway due to the clandestine nature. Whatever seems fun in the way of night interdiction, gunship and sensor/recon ops, totally up to you. I envisioned using both P-2 and the F7F-AJ in conjunction. The P-2 AI is not so great at AI ground attack, just level bombing from at least medium altitude, but could maybe do recon runs and flare drops.

I made skins for both aircraft and squadrons:
P-2 Neptune: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,55222.0.html
F7F-AJ (now in BAT): https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,62944.0.html

Wiki and a website for the squadrons, I can help with more research.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VO-67
http://www.vo-67.org/vo67_opening.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VAH-21
https://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/aircraft/ap-2h.htm

Suggested optional add-on but not included in BAT for the P-2, A rework of Stefan SG's folders for adding the bombsight and additional weapons, compatible with BAT. Place in #JTW3 and add to the weapons.ru
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/97johaiw9swdz/!P2V5_Neptune_4.11_4.12

Sorry if that sounds like a lot, just something I wish I could make but just end up skinning. Most of my skins are made because I wish missions were around for those particular aircraft.

Thanks again for all of your work, I'll post a few more requests that aren't so complex soon.

Create.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 12   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 27 queries.