Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: vampire_pilot's campaign and mission WIP thread  (Read 9290 times)

Vampire_pilot

Re: vampire_pilot's campaign and mission WIP thread
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2020, 09:40:00 AM »

Rob Clower's P-51 on its way to Japan.  (vol. 5 "Black Sands", Noseart is as depicted in the comic, not like the promo shots. There are sometimes differences)

"Oranges are still sweet" but that's about to change....

This is a showcase mission with a big number of heavy aircraft. Special Thanks to Bombsaway, who provided an important fix for the B-29 Alley map.

Vampire_pilot

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2020, 11:27:19 AM »

With Angel Wings on the home stretch, I have begun sorting my next project....

(script and concept by mexchiwa)

Vampire_pilot

Angel Wings - WIP
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2020, 11:46:16 AM »

I am almost finished!  May I present the teaser.....

6 volumes of flying action and adventure with WASP and OSS operative extraordinaire - Angela McCloud

In 1944 Angela and her sister Maureen are both flying for the WASP all over America, when Maureen dies in a suspicious "training accident".... Angela will not buy the official story of what happened and sets out to use her OSS connections to find the man responsible.... in Burma!

After some hair raising encounters, she gets stranded on the base of the famous "Burma Banshees"...

A great variety of missions will be awaiting you in a great variety
 of aircraft. Fly from here to there , get airborne to smash bridges or Japanese bombers with the Burma Banshees, rescue stranded pilots behind enemy lines....

Plowshare

• Modder
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2020, 12:48:03 PM »

Ohhh man, I am so looking forward to this. I dl'd the only copy of the graphic novel I could find in English and it got me hooked on what you're doing.

From a couple posts ago: Is that going to be a map of LA!!!?????

UberDemon

• UberDemon/danzigzag
  • Modder
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2020, 03:50:07 PM »

Totally awaiting...  clicking F5/Refresh incessantly...
Best Regards, UberDemon/danzigzag, Get UQMG at SAS BAT Mission area.  www.uberdemon.net no longer exists.  (** Alienware Aurora R7 / i7-8700 3.20GHz / 16GB RAM / Win 10 x64 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 **)

Vampire_pilot

« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2020, 12:08:18 PM »

From a couple posts ago: Is that going to be a map of LA!!!?????

well, it's not a new map but an old one "LA-ified" for a firefighter campaign I am revamping. But more of that later.

Here's some more Burma stuff.

Jinx Falkenburg is also arriving with her USO troupe and signing aircraft... lots of special skins with noseart.

You get to do several SAR missions. Getting a downed pilot out from behind Japanese lines.

I spent a lot of time on the scenery... You get changing weather inside some mission by use of the C&C stormfront object...

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
    • Check out my modded campaigns
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2020, 02:04:24 PM »

I'm getting some serious "Johnny Hazard"-vibes here!  ;) Looking good!
You want to give financial support to a front line Ukraine unit fighting the Russian invaders? Paypal kyivragnarock@gmail.com

Vampire_pilot

« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2020, 12:59:44 AM »

Join the Legion, see the world!

Does anyone here still remember this old gem?

That's right. Willy Jedermann's initial adventure to become a Luftwaffe pilot and go to Spain, by the one and only FlatSpinMan, published 13, 14 years ago.
It was one of the campaigns that made me stick to the game as long as the wheels are tuning. I played it more times than i can remember and it never gets old.

It was made at a time when almost every plane needed was depicted by a stand-in. We only had the Bf-109E4 back then...
Needed and early biplane fighter? Take the CR.42 and skin the hell out of it.
Wanted to go fly in Spain? Take the Crimea map and play-pretend.

Well, not anymore. I am attempting to take this to a new level and re-furbish it by actually rebuilding the missions on appropriate maps, using the correct planes.
- He-51
- Hs-123
- Cr.32
- early Bf-109 B, D, E....
- He-112

actual Dewoitine or I-15 opponents, Dogfights over Barcelona instead of Simferopol....

Coming to your BAT soon.

Alfie Noakes

• Art Director
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2020, 01:44:03 AM »

Does anyone here still remember this old gem?   

Ho Yus !

Absolute classic.... :P

You rebuild it

I'll fly it   8)

Cheers

Alfie
Everything is for the best in the best of all possible worlds

Vampire_pilot

Re: ZEPPELIN!
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2020, 05:31:37 AM »

I have, for some unfathomable reason, gotten myself entangled in the subject of Zeppelins again, so this is what I am working on now

I will do some rework on the classes and the 3d, add some loadouts, and most importantly, improve the FM further for the next BAT patch.
I will make a couple of skins and I will make some insane missions on the La Chute map....

like...Taking of from Tønder airship base, lumber along the chain of islands to Borkum at a couple hundred meters, enjoying the evening, before you turn for Engeland. Unexpected bad weather hits you over the North Sea before you make landfall near Yarmouth at an altitude of 2600 meters, some six hours after takeoff. Then you head for London....
If you are lucky and not shot down, after 14 or 15 hours of flight you and the crew will moore again at Tønder. A job well done!

This is a new view, leaning outside the starboard window you can look around outside, using "aimview".

Hans-Joachim Marseille

« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2020, 06:05:32 AM »

Awesome! Maybe my idea lately with making the "LZ Hindenburg" as well wasn't such a bad thought. I really think they are fascinating and having that legend one would be worthwhile. :)
"United we stand against Evil." #FCKPTN. #SlavaUkraini

Vampire_pilot

« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2020, 09:20:07 AM »

You mean 3d importing/modeling?

An R-class (or/and a Los Angeles, Acron, Macon....) would be an amazing addition.
The FM I am working with is easily adaptable.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 26 queries.