Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13]   Go Down

Author Topic: UberQuick Mission Generator (UQMG) for BAT Project Development News (02 Mar 2021 // Update 004 Released, support BAT WAW 4.1.1)  (Read 29357 times)

UberDemon

• UberDemon/danzigzag
  • Modder

Looking forward!

Still doing some testing, which is good because I found and fixed another fault.  I am now in the fun phase of testing which is creating a few new missions with the new planes and some new objects.  Pretty happy so far, and all new pictures of missing and new planes are there.  I don't think I'll do new pics for the composite flights... not a whole lot of bang for the buck there.

Oh, and I am being hired in a new job, and a new family move, but this time I do not plan to abandon UQMG for years, there is much to be done.
Best Regards, UberDemon/danzigzag, Get UQMG at SAS BAT Mission area.  www.uberdemon.net no longer exists.  (** Alienware Aurora R7 / i7-8700 3.20GHz / 16GB RAM / Win 10 x64 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 **)

RealDarko

• Modder

Oh, and I am being hired in a new job, and a new family move, but this time I do not plan to abandon UQMG for years, there is much to be done.

Glad to hear that! Your mission generator is what keeps me flying Il2!

UberDemon

• UberDemon/danzigzag
  • Modder

OK as I messed with all the ways to install the Updates in my home PC, I will have to back paddle.  There is no easy way for me to have only one inclusive update.  I'll keep the current construct of 3 downloads:
* Original installation
* All inclusive Upgrade to BAT with Update 003
* Whatever the latest update is (the Updates will be all inclusive) beginning with Update 004.  Once you Update 005 comes out, you just remove Update 004 with JSGME, and then install Update 005.

In the future maybe I'll do a from scratch installation package that includes everything.

Sorry this is what is keeping the update from being released earlier.
Best Regards, UberDemon/danzigzag, Get UQMG at SAS BAT Mission area.  www.uberdemon.net no longer exists.  (** Alienware Aurora R7 / i7-8700 3.20GHz / 16GB RAM / Win 10 x64 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 **)

UberDemon

• UberDemon/danzigzag
  • Modder

Update 004 is released.  It includes support for BAT WAW 4.1.1 objects, and better seaplane and amphibian support.

Read about it and get it here:  https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,65131.0.html

UberDemon

• UberDemon/danzigzag
  • Modder

Incorporating DOF in UQMG is giving me more trouble than I predicted.

I am working through the issues, though.

resistor

Just a quick question about usability:
I have the latest 6.3.0 version installed, and it works to create a mission, but often, I'd like to go in and just setup a regular QMB mission. Sometimes, even when I have the single mission set to "create UQMG" my QMB mission will CTD when it loads to 100%. If I go back in and change parameters, like enemy aircraft, or map, or mission type, it will load successfully, other times not. I made sure that I followed the UQMG readme, but maybe I'm still not resetting something correctly or...? If any of that makes sense...

ETA: I'm new to the UQMG so please bear with me.

UberDemon

• UberDemon/danzigzag
  • Modder

Just a quick question about usability:
I have the latest 6.3.0 version installed, and it works to create a mission, but often, I'd like to go in and just setup a regular QMB mission. Sometimes, even when I have the single mission set to "create UQMG" my QMB mission will CTD when it loads to 100%. If I go back in and change parameters, like enemy aircraft, or map, or mission type, it will load successfully, other times not. I made sure that I followed the UQMG readme, but maybe I'm still not resetting something correctly or...? If any of that makes sense...

ETA: I'm new to the UQMG so please bear with me.

resistor,

UQMG works solely as an SP mission when it is created.  It has absolutely no relationship to QMB and it's mission creation.  I am not sure why you are having that problem.  QMB is a part of the IL-2 Interface, and it uses mission templates especially made for it.  If you use the stock version it uses both templates which are internal to the IL-2 engine as well as the ones in "Missions\Quick" folder.  If you use BAT with the Mission Pro addition, then it uses the templates in "Missions\QuickQMBPro".

Now it is true that some of the templates in QMBPro were created by me, and some of the UQMG templates were based on stock QMB templates... but they are completely separate.  UQMG does not interact in any way with QMB or QMB Pro.

UQMG creates its missions based on templates within the UQMG installation, and when they are done, they are copied into the Single Player directory in IL-2 so that you can play them (also the Coop and DF directories...).

So again, I am not sure why you are having your particular problem.  Sorry about that.

resistor

Certainly appreciate the response. Its probably the order in which I am mucking about with the UQMG and the QMB, and setting the mission type back and forth from "Create" to "Play" and regular old QMB missions. It works as advertised for sure, probably a noob move on my part. Familiarity and experience and the good ol' learning curve are as usual involved to soem extent. Good work by the way, makes creating interesting missions much easier than the FMB which I have ALWAYS struggles with. Cheers!

UberDemon

• UberDemon/danzigzag
  • Modder

I am glad you have it working now.  I am in the middle of moving and will be in that mode for the next couple of months, but I will get back to working on updates as soon as I can.

UberDemon

• UberDemon/danzigzag
  • Modder

Greetings mates!

Sorry for the disappearance.  My family and I have gone through a busy and pretty tumultuous move.  Career changes do that, but we are getting into a state of semi-normalcy.  I can't promise when I'll start working on updates as we are still dealing with move stuff and boxes.

All in good time and hopefully soon enough!

PO_MAK_249RIP

• CMON U SPURS!

Hopefully all well with the Ubers?? Just wondered if you are working on a future update mate?
Mick
Corsair Carbide case, Intel core i5 4690 3.5ghz with Arctic Cooler, Asus Rock H97 performance, MSI Ventus XS OC 1660GTX 6GB DDR6, 32GB Patriot Viper 1600Mhz, 256GB/500GB Crucial SSDs, Windows 10 64bit.

UberDemon

• UberDemon/danzigzag
  • Modder

Well, I would be lying if I told you I was... just finished re-setting my office, so as soon as I can things will get back to normal (you know crazy!).  Happy holidays to all.  But yes, things are great with the Ubers... (you know... also crazy :D )
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 25 queries.