Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: UberQuick Mission Generator (UQMG) for BAT Project Development News (02 Mar 2021 // Update 004 Released, support BAT WAW 4.1.1)  (Read 29359 times)

PO_MAK_249RIP

• CMON U SPURS!

Wow! The lockdown has defo paid dividends to us at SAS Uber!! Stunning stuff m8
Corsair Carbide case, Intel core i5 4690 3.5ghz with Arctic Cooler, Asus Rock H97 performance, MSI Ventus XS OC 1660GTX 6GB DDR6, 32GB Patriot Viper 1600Mhz, 256GB/500GB Crucial SSDs, Windows 10 64bit.

UberDemon

• UberDemon/danzigzag
  • Modder

Update:  29 June 2020

I worked in the VB 6.0 UQMG Classic code today, mostly porting some code from UQMG Conversion Tool (UCT) 2020 (in VB 2019).  Porting the code backwards is a challenge; VB 6.0 is not as Object Oriented as the newer .NET versions.  So why bother?  Well, using some better techniques I am finding ways to make the old version better, like using less files and more arrays, since PCs do have better capabilities.  Old UQMG is not efficient when it comes to accessing repetitive tasks; it relies on files too much.

I was able to successfully use a similar technique originally developed for UQMG 2013 and more recently UCT 2020 into UQMG Classic as a prototype to see if I could use the same style of scripts to make life easier, and yes, I was able to.

The first practical application of this is the new Aircraft viewer.  It is now functional.  I have to still get working routines for composite flights, but for classes which there are no pictures it just displays a generic not found picture.

Other than that, just some cleaning around in UQMG Classic... also the Splash Intro mentions that UQMG is for IL-2 Sturmovik 1946, SAS 1946 & BAT Edition.

Anyway, it is not too pretty, but useful just to see what you are selecting...

Cheers!
Best Regards, UberDemon/danzigzag, Get UQMG at SAS BAT Mission area.  www.uberdemon.net no longer exists.  (** Alienware Aurora R7 / i7-8700 3.20GHz / 16GB RAM / Win 10 x64 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 **)

DarkBlueBoy

• Supporter
  • Learning slowly...

UberDemon

• UberDemon/danzigzag
  • Modder

Quick update for 2 July 2020

I'll post more later on, but I was able to get the correct handling for Gliders and Seaplanes as well.  This was a combined application of using complex scripts and batch files, as well as some "manual labor" tracking and the MiniDB I spoke of earlier, I think in the previous page of this thread.  Good thing is that I have been backing up copies of UCT2020 and UQMG Classic on major milestones, don't want the great Crash of 2002 when I lost 6 months of work!

I want to tweak a few more things, but I may get confident enough to release an open Alpha for BAT WAW in the next couple of weeks.  You know...  IL-2 time.  Just please have your expectations in check... this is ongoing work.  A lot of work.  It will not mess up any of your IL-2 stuff because it is a completely independent program, so that makes things easier.
Best Regards, UberDemon/danzigzag, Get UQMG at SAS BAT Mission area.  www.uberdemon.net no longer exists.  (** Alienware Aurora R7 / i7-8700 3.20GHz / 16GB RAM / Win 10 x64 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 **)

UberDemon

• UberDemon/danzigzag
  • Modder

Ah man, I found a bug...  the "(Drone)" type composites are not being handled correctly because I switched the order of aircraft in the composites... working a fix right now.  Will have to rebuild the current 3.8.4 BAT load but it is no biggie...

Hopefully the stuff below makes sense, regardless I found where in the UCT code this is being done... and I am fixing it.
Code: [Select]
'---Original...
'  (F)(Drone) G11+Bf110C4,42,special,1,1,1,4
'  BF_110C4,Fixed,1,0,G_11,Fixed,1,0
'---Wrong build... see how it is backwards?
'  "(F)(Drone) 1xG-11 towed by 1xBf-110C-4",22,special,2,1,67,4
'  G_11,Fixed,1,0,BF_110C4,Fixed,1,0

UberDemon

• UberDemon/danzigzag
  • Modder

Quick Update:  5 July 2020

Many fixes and I am trying something new, a customized mass substitution tool.  Hear me out.   Unfortunately, a lot of what I did in UQMG classic uses the text in the forms of the program, instead of more sound techniques  such as using java class names.  This means that if there is ever a change to that, then the program can crash.

I am working in a mass translation tool that would allow me to theoretically update huge numbers of files in UQMG Classic, thus increasing features for BAT.

Wish me luck!

Knochenlutscher

• Flying Ass Clown #10
  • Modder
  • aka Segfej

Crossing Fingers, this was one of the first Tools i used when I first went into ole IL-2.
Good to see it back, updated and cared about.
Wiseman : "Did you speak the exact words?" Ash : "Look, maybe I didn't say every single little tiny syllable, no. But basically I said them, yeah."

UberDemon

• UberDemon/danzigzag
  • Modder

Just to let y'all know that things are progressing.  A little slow due to work but they are progressing.

For those of you who use UQMG classic today, please be sure you did not miss the last update from 2015 available here:
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,45326.msg507717.html#msg507717

That is the base version I am working the updates on.

So the way it will work is that when I am able to do a first new release, that version will always be there... But I will implement a new feature which will allow you to change versions (for example, switching amongst WAW, DOF, TGA, JTW, SAS, Stock, etc...)

Back to heavy drinking!... I mean, programming!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 13   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 25 queries.