Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Explosion on an aircraft Carrier  (Read 2441 times)

MEDAL

Explosion on an aircraft Carrier
« on: November 29, 2020, 02:32:10 AM »

Hi guys ! Decided to pass this campaign - https://www.redrodgers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4201
And faced with such a problem that when you appear on an aircraft carrier at the beginning of the mission, all the planes on the deck abruptly explode, what can this be related to and how to fix it?

Griffon_301

• SAS Team
Re: Explosion on an aircraft Carrier
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2020, 03:45:27 AM »

That campaign is simply too old (4.08) to be compatible with BAT...
I guess it's one of the loadouts of one of the planes in the mission file....

TrevL

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2020, 08:10:15 AM »

Hi MEDAL - thought I'd have a look at the separate missions in this campaign and as far as I can see ,they all work perfectly . THEREFORE the problem must be in the operation of the campaign so the easy solution is to play each mission separately instead . I don't play campaigns much at all, but one problem I suspect is that there are a lot of missions missing eg numbers 78 to 113 (and lots more) so I presume that a campaign needs a consecutive series (none missing) in order to progress to the next stage. Sorry if that's not true - I'm quite ignorant - if it is true then you need to renumber the missions so that they follow each other. Maybe the rules for campaigns are different now so maybe someone wiser than myself can let you have details . I don't think its much of a problem as every mission I tried, started with planes on a carrier ready to start. Best of luck and thanks for posting this -it'll keep me quiet for a bit - had to renumber missions from 1 etc to 001, 10 etc to 010 , so that 100 etc are in order on screen. TrevL Best Wishes

Vampire_pilot

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2020, 08:44:42 AM »

indeed, it's always loadouts.

At some point in the past it was a fad to make loadout sets of planes more historical. Unfortunately, these modders never considered backwards compatibility with missions and so today we have incompatible loadout lists compared to stock game version in some planes. PTO planes are particularly affected by this.

To fix this huge campaign is possible but a hard and stupid task when you have no automated means, like a python script, to find the errors.

TrevL

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2020, 09:03:33 AM »

That's very strange , I've just flown missions from this campaign in 4.12 BAT, 4.12 SAS Mod etc, 4.13 SAS mods,4.14 YPack,and 4.14 unmodded , and in all these variants,every mission loads up and presents the player aircraft waiting on carrier to take off which on auto it then does and proceeds with the job in hand with aircraft handling normally.
Am I missing something ? TrevL

Vampire_pilot

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2020, 09:43:38 AM »

it is not "every" mission affected. I see the first problem in mission 10 with defunct loadouts in the PBN1's ...

TrevL

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2020, 10:07:59 AM »

Right , I see the problem ; someone would need to run every mission and adjust the loadout of every aircraft that stops the running of the mission . As mentioned there's a few too many missions to do that quickly - I must have been lucky with the ones I tried . Many thanks - if I get bored again this week I may start looking at them for my own interest . Thanks for your words of wisdom.
Best wishes, TrevL

Vampire_pilot

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2020, 08:22:53 AM »

someone would need to run every mission and adjust the loadout of every aircraft

Not if you have the python script that checks integrity:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/c3res14de6amocs/output.txt/file

ignore the skin errors, I didn't have those installed. Look for ###weapon and ###chief

Griffon_301

• SAS Team
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2020, 04:25:10 AM »

I would love to get that tool, but mediafire does not have it available any more it seems...

Vampire_pilot

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2020, 06:50:46 AM »

I posted an error text file, Griffon

The tool is python and the script you can find here on SAS. Search for it.

Kopfdorfer

• Potez 63.11 France's most significant AC in 1940
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2020, 09:24:29 AM »

Just a consideration -
Depending on the game version and whether Carrier Take Off Mod is enabled ,
it could be F4Fs exploding.
There is a fix here at SAS somewhere , I just don't remember where.
I am also without the technical skills to explain why this occurs and what the fix does.
Perhaps someone with cardinal knowledge might explain.

Kopfdorfer

Griffon_301

• SAS Team
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2020, 10:44:38 AM »

Checked...need to follow my own advice and use the search function more often...did not know that such a tool even exists ... Cool stuff....
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 24 queries.