Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: WxTech's 'Tougher' P-40 engines  (Read 3513 times)

blackshark

Re: WxTech's 'Tougher' P-40 engines
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2021, 12:55:27 PM »

Hi

I read in the first post:
"This mod builds upon the stock meshes (up to BAT 4), and should work with all game versions.
If you have any P-40 mod which has improved the nose modeling, but retains the same hit box structure, you can simply copy these hit box data to your preferred Engine1 meshes".

I am not an expert in modding so I have a question: I have a "cowling mod" for P-40s but i see the modded files are:
Prop1_D0.msh
Prop1_D1.msh
PropRot1_D0.msh

So my question is if I need to do something special or if I just have to place WxTech's mod above the "cowling mod" and it will work fine

WxTech

• Modder
Re: WxTech's 'Tougher' P-40 engines
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2021, 01:12:08 PM »

Sharky,
Are you saying that your other cowling mod contains only those prop related meshes, and no other meshes? (All of which have the .msh extension.)

If so, and you like this version of the prop (which presents models for stopped undamaged, stopped damaged and rotating), then place this mod above mine to give it priority.

If you have two or more mods that relate to a plane, and you like aspects of them all, you can blend the whole lot into one. If there are shared elements, pick and choose what you like from each. In this way you will reduce the number of mod folders. But do so only if both comfortable and confident.

I've done this many times over the years.
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people. - Hyman Rickover (but probably predating his use.)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 24 queries.