Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HSFX Stinson and Dogfight msn  (Read 468 times)

tomoose

• Modder
  • Iiiiiiiit's ME! Hurrah!!
    • 71 "Eagle" Squadron
HSFX Stinson and Dogfight msn
« on: October 29, 2022, 12:48:55 PM »

I'm using HSFX (latest) for online play.  I created a decent dogfight map in Korea with F86s and Migs and various AI objects (dug in troops, moving vehs etc).  We tested it last night with no issues.

Today I thought I'd add bit of a challenge and include a Stinson for ground spotting to guide the other players in with the smoke rockets, particularly as the dug in troops are difficult to see.

Problem 1:
Due to the low speed of the Stinson I thought I'd place a temp "tactical" runway close to the frontlines so that the player doesn't take all day to get to a target.
Selecting the Stinson at that runway was no problem however as soon as I hit 'Fly' and the mission started....BOOM...explosion on spawn.  I tried different a/c with same result.

So I got rid of the temp runway and used an existing airfield (Kimpo) and selected a Stinson. 

EDIT:  Problem 1 solved.  I didn't notice that the 'Red' airfield option wasn't selected or had reset.  Once selected, no more BOOM on spawn.   DURRRRR.  Embarassed.  ;)

Problem 2:  The Stinson takes off just fine from Kimpo with 'default' arming however if I select either of the rocket tube options it will not go above 3mph even at full throttle ergo no takeoff.
I have no idea what would cause this but am hoping it's a Stinson .ini setting I can adjust?  Yes? No?

EDIT:  Problem 2 resolved but not the way I'd prefer.  Short answer was to simply force air spawn for the Stinson over a forward deployed airfield/homebase.  It doesn't seem to have an issue with the rocket pods when already in the air.  Weird.

Any info is appreciated.

cheers,
Tomoose
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 27 queries.