Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How did DBW do campaigns after 1946  (Read 989 times)

Witchy

How did DBW do campaigns after 1946
« on: December 11, 2022, 04:07:58 PM »

i have seen some jet campaigns in korea for DBW using DCG. So if that was done, why can't BAT do the same? Is shame because we would have so many more options.
Just a girl who loves to fly.

Vampire_pilot

Re: How did DBW do campaigns after 1946
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2022, 10:44:39 PM »

Huh?

All depends on what add on mods you had on DBW.
Also there's tons of Korea campaigns for BAT. Here in the BAT campaigns section. That's what JTW module is for.

For example, see here:
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,59120.0.html

tomoose

• Modder
  • Iiiiiiiit's ME! Hurrah!!
    • 71 "Eagle" Squadron
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2022, 07:10:47 AM »

I started a coop one for HSFX using DCG.  I had to tweak load-outs in some cases IIRC.  I eventually gave up after trying a couple of test as the Korea map (at least in HSFX) made spotting ground objects horrendously difficult without ground lock (and even then it was tough) plus the roads/tracks were almost invisible from altitude.
A bit of whining on my part, I know.  ;)

Witchy

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2022, 09:06:31 PM »

Some people have told me over the years that  IL2DCG campaigns are not possible in BAT after certain year dates so anything after WW2 is basically not possible due to limitations. Not the first time I've heard this and it confuses me. This is why I am asking. I had suggested to Shakaali, doing the Suez Crisis with jets and props which would be an awesome theater to cover (carrier based Wyverns, Venoms, and Skyhawks please!) but was told  IL2DCG cannot do it for BAT?

The ones you listed are static. I was hoping we had the same options for dynaming post WW2 with mutiple squadrons/aircraft to choose from.

vonOben

• Modder
  • Wer den Tod fürchtet, hat das Leben verloren.
    • vonOben's Flight Sim Mods
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2022, 10:49:49 PM »

I was hoping we had the same options for dynaming post WW2 with mutiple squadrons/aircraft to choose from.

There are no date restrictions in DGenMOD since version 1.0.1.0 (the latest version is 2.1.0.0):

v1.0.1.0 (06/2012)
+ the new date format added, no more campaign date period limitations.
vonOben's Flight Sim Mods  http://vonoben.free.fr/ Twenty Years online January 3, 2022!

Vampire_pilot

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2022, 03:31:06 AM »

It wasn't clear enough that you were looking specifically only for DCG campaigns.

Some people have told me over the years that  IL2DCG campaigns are not possible in BAT after certain year dates

but was told  IL2DCG cannot do it for BAT?

But if there really is some limitation or problem, it most certainly does not have anything to do with BAT as such, but with DCG itself. Maybe it has a hardcoded date limit? That is within the tool itself then and has nothing to do with BAT.  No idea. Then the available old campaigns would maybe use fictional data as well (Say 1942 as set value instead of an unavailable 1952?)

BAT does not impose date limits on the era modules. You can make a static JTW jet mission set in 1914 in the .mis file, if you want to....

Well, shakaali would definitely be the guy to talk to about such a thing.
You'd definitely need a DCG person to help understand the exact nature of the limitation and what's needed to overcome it. But don't let someone tell you that BAT is the reason for any of this. The Skyhawk or Wyvern in BAT JTW is literally exactly the same as if you'd add those to your DBW, for all DCG is concerned.

Shakaali

• Missioneer
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2022, 05:28:30 AM »

Yes, it is a DCG problem. I thought it was hard-coded date issue, but I was wrong.  Sorry for misinformaton.

DCG works perfectly in DOF module. However, I have not been able to  make DCG work in JTW. Don't know why. I'm working on it.
"A truth ceases to be true when more than one person believes in it." -Oscar Wilde

tomoose

• Modder
  • Iiiiiiiit's ME! Hurrah!!
    • 71 "Eagle" Squadron
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2022, 07:36:03 AM »

Shakaali;
Concur that it's a DCG problem based admittedly on my limited DCG experience.  I believe it's the composition of the numerous .dcg files which contain aircraft, ground data and loadout data and map info etc etc.  Obviously if DCG doesn't find the correct data it probably won't work as it's "database" of info is outdated compared to all of the changes in BAT. 

Does anyone know if Lowengrin is looking at a DCG update to work with BAT?

Shakaali

• Missioneer
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2022, 08:54:48 AM »

I believe it's the composition of the numerous .dcg files which contain aircraft, ground data and loadout data and map info etc etc.  Obviously if DCG doesn't find the correct data it probably won't work as it's "database" of info is outdated compared to all of the changes in BAT. 

Yes, I know. I wrote those data files for DOF & JTW from scratch. JTW does not work, so it may be an error I made.

Does anyone know if Lowengrin is looking at a DCG update to work with BAT?

No, he isn't. A long time ago he made a decision that he will not support any mod packs. The vanilla DCG is made according to official version of IL-2. Furthermore, Lowengrin has announced that he has almost stopped the development of DCG. He will correct bugs, but most likely will not add any new features  :(
"A truth ceases to be true when more than one person believes in it." -Oscar Wilde

Witchy

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2022, 05:25:31 PM »

Thanks for clearing this up. I knew it was no ones fault here. I was just looking for input as to the limitation by the campaign program we all use so we could expand possabilities in the future.

Hopefully the code will be released or something if he decides to retire or maybe dates could be tricked? Im not a code person so I have no clue, its all gibberish to me, lol.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 24 queries.