Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question for you all about the Enterprise campaigns.  (Read 1104 times)

ponyboy314

Question for you all about the Enterprise campaigns.
« on: March 10, 2023, 03:33:26 PM »

I have completed and posted five of the six campaigns of "The E" series, and was intending to begin working on the sixth.

For the Enterprise's last deployment during World War II, Enterprise was involved in night operations, with a radar-equipped F6F night fighting squadron and a radar-equipped TBF squadron.  The F6F-5N plane download has a radar pod on the wing, but of course, it's ornamental.  The radar screen that can be added is for BAT only, and these are DBW campaigns.  The radar-equipped TBF is only for BAT as well.

So, honest opinion here, should I bother making this final campaign?  Would anyone be interested in a night operations campaign without working radar, or even a "for looks only" radar screen?

Lemme know.  I know some of you have played this campaign series, and would like to know what you all think.

Ta183Huckebein

• FAC #17
  • Modder
  • aka "Raven"
Re: Question for you all about the Enterprise campaigns.
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2023, 05:31:12 PM »

I think it's worth making, even if the radar is just for show. Besides, a campaign conversion idea I've had is turning your Enterprise campaigns into a set of three (fighter, bomber, torpedo bomber) converted to BAT, so that final section would have a version with working radar. Provided of course you don't disapprove of my idea, that is.

Entirely up to you, of course, but I'd look forward to it if you chose to make it

vegetarian

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2023, 09:23:14 PM »

Excellent suggestion Ta183, I'd look forward to that as well.

Frankiek

• SAS Team
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2023, 01:15:16 AM »

I think that a BAT conversion of your campaigns would be welcome

Fish40

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2023, 12:57:59 PM »

I use the "Next Generation Map Mod", which has a radar feature. Don't see why that couldn't be used. If I recall, it's compatible with most versions of the game. Just a thought.

ponyboy314

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2023, 01:33:38 PM »

Well, I am almost done with making this final "The E" campaign.  FYI, it will only contain a fighter campaign.  That said, if you want to convert this to BAT, you are perfectly welcome to do so. 

I am perhaps going to do away with DBW here soon and bite the bullet.  It may be time to move on to BAT.

Stay tuned.  The campaign will be uploaded in the next few days.

blackshark

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2023, 03:19:57 AM »

Hi a great thank you for this campaign.

I used BAT but, well, maybe it has some more features, but I still find DBW the best version overall.
For sure it depends on what and how you like to play IL2-1946.
Above all I love the possibility to interact with your pair/wing/squadron and give orders to them, so find it perfect for Single Player Offline !
In my opinion in BAT (and 4.12 in general) your friend AI does not work fine anymore; not as it is in DBW! I mean that maybe after 30-60 seconds of a battle start, you are not able anymore to give orders to your AI friends; they will not obey anymore, they will go away and there is no possibility to act as a group telling "red" to attack, blue to cover etc

And with the many mods available for DBW, you have many many options to improve it and to have a not far from BAT experience, but always enjoying what is still the best friendly AI in my opinion.

Ponyboy: you are the only one to still make campaigns for DBW, while there are many making them for BAT, so I really hope, if you still love DBW like me, that you will continue to do campaigns & enjoy DBW

bomberkiller

• Treffen sich zwei Jäger...!
  • Modder
  • Bf-109G-6/R6 = Bomber Killer
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2023, 04:09:04 AM »

I used BAT but, well, maybe it has some more features, but I still find DBW the best version overall.

Yay, I'm not the only one who thinks 4.10 & #DBW is (so far) the best IL-2 version of all time...  8)

]cheers[

Gerhard
FAC N° 9 ...cheers mein Schatz
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 25 queries.