Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: GERMAN U-BOAT Type IX SERIES SUBMARINE (MY NEW PROJECT) Need HELP  (Read 4040 times)

9078roman

Re: GERMAN U-BOAT Type IX SERIES SUBMARINE (MY NEW PROJECT)
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2023, 02:43:37 PM »

Found some parts that I will "attach" to submarines. More interesting models of anti-aircraft weapons. As for the main gun, it is still in the "search". We have to revise the existing 3d models of ships and boats, in search of something suitable. I also really want to find a separate flag on the flagpole. In the stowed position, they were often used.

9078roman

Re: GERMAN U-BOAT Type IX SERIES SUBMARINE (MY NEW PROJECT)
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2023, 12:30:02 PM »

So, here I got to the submarines.

And tonight, in almost everything, I was lucky ... if not for one mistake, which so far crosses out all my efforts.

As you can see, I have already attached the FuMO 30 radar, to the wheelhouse hull, and updated the new anti-aircraft gun.

But after I began to transfer everything to the skin, I ran into the same problem - "overlapping", which I wrote to you about. I need help, because if I can't separate the skin cover just for cutting, I won't be able to continue with this project. And I planned to equip the boat with two more machine guns and sailors on deck and at the guns.

Such boats in reality had a more elongated hull. Unfortunately, I don't have that length. And I don't know how to work with 3d. My head is spinning.) However, this one looks pretty good too.

Help me solve this problem. I really need the skin to fit on the wheelhouse deck, and at the same time all alpha channels are preserved.

9078roman

Re: GERMAN U-BOAT Type IX SERIES SUBMARINE (MY NEW PROJECT) Need HELP
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2023, 12:38:10 PM »

and another problem with text editing, attempts to solve this problem have not been successful so far...

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Frankiek

• SAS Team
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2023, 02:48:05 PM »

I m surprised you did a plenty of 3d work lately.  Just convert this binary mesh file in a plain text file. there are plenty of mesh converter available on this site

Here with instructions https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,3004.msg30060.html#msg30060

or, at aviaskins, Freeil2modding, Il-2 air combat...etc etc 

9078roman

« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2023, 04:01:00 PM »

Frankiek, Thanks for the link. But my inquisitive brain has already generated a solution to the problem. I took a separate Mesh from the Wellington plane floor covering. And now I have both the alpha channel and the absence of a hole in the floor. I plan to do the same with the rest. Well, separately you will have to suffer with a skin for the deck. But with bow rudders, there can be difficulties. Maybe they won't turn out the same as in reality. Although they are not visible during the game. But I would like to think more about it.

I think with difficulty and then I will solve this problem.
In any case, I'm still trying to figure out the problem. Thanks for the help.

9078roman

« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2023, 05:08:49 PM »

no.... I rejoiced at my luck early, I did the coating, but for some reason I can't cut out the alpha channel. Although it can be seen as on the bow, the alpha channel is cut out and the rudders have become the way I conceived them. But with a separate flat Mesh I have problems....
If anyone knows maybe my mistake, then I accept all possible advice.

That's all for today anyway. Tomorrow I will continue

9078roman

« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2023, 05:13:49 AM »

I cut out the alpha channel, now I have to figure out how to separate them from each other ...

9078roman

« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2023, 06:56:19 AM »

Everything is fixed. Now I will make a new coating near the deck (or whatever it is called.) Then the idea came to my mind to put at least some equipment (the area highlighted in yellow), and make new hatches (not drawn, but as a separate part) . Not to mention the anchor chain. But the anchor itself, I will not change, since mine looks much more beautiful. Maybe I'll come up with something else as I work. Follow the news. It will be interesting!

Shessi

« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2023, 07:56:03 AM »

Very interesting!  ;)

S

bomberkiller

• Treffen sich zwei Jäger...!
  • Modder
  • Bf-109G-6/R6 = Bomber Killer
« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2023, 10:44:06 AM »

Follow the news. It will be interesting!

...will follow.  8)

Regards

]cheers[

Gerhard
FAC N° 9 ...cheers mein Schatz

9078roman

« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2023, 12:48:08 AM »

The following details have been added, (screenshots). This is only the beginning, As for the hatches, nothing has been found yet. I'm going through different Mesh files, from almost everywhere. But my search has not ended. There is an idea to use semicircular discs from the wheels, but as for the "Parent" binding, they will behave whether they turn over. I do not know this...
And yet, the saddest thing, I noticed that there are no cables on the boat, from the word at all. If they were. I would suffer (of course), and would do the same as in the screenshot (highlighted in yellow). This would simply improve the appearance of the submarine at times. And add aesthetics. But I have no ideas, even if you find them and pull them out, they still need to be tilted. And this doesn’t work for me ... Actually, there is no flag yet, for the same reason ...
I will also warn you that there will be no skins yet, neither for boats, nor for planes. Still it will be necessary to details, those that I added. Introduce neutral colors so that when painting skins, they do not stand out too much. Rather, it will be gray with a hint of blue.

9078roman

« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2023, 04:07:23 AM »

The flag has been set. Break and continue. The most difficult will be the wire/cable. I forgot to add it to the model. Now it's there, but it still has the wrong configuration. You need the right configuration. And don't forget the details.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 25 queries.