Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Limit the "vision" of AI?  (Read 1341 times)

Epervier

• 4.09 Guardian Angel !
  • SAS Team
  • I'm French and Rebel_409! Nobody is perfect!
    • Some tinkering here
Re: Limit the "vision" of AI?
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2023, 08:52:42 AM »

In the old days of 409 and 410 we had AI tweaking that reduced AI capacity to see through clouds and at night, no sniper gunners,  engines suffered from overheating and other things it seems to me that this work came to a stop when the new AI from TD 4.12 was introduced and all these mods become incompatible. We could maybe revisit these codes and verify if there is something that could be  used/adapted
In my 409/UP2.01 I use old Mods that improve all this:
- AAA do not shoot through clouds,
- AAA cannot see at night without a searchlight,
- AAA shoot at a much shorter distance without a searchlight,
- AAA do not fire in bad weather, if friendly aircraft are close,
- AI overheating.

And more...

If your results do not live up to your expectations, tell yourself that the great oak was once an acorn too. - Lao Zi -

Frankiek

• SAS Team
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2023, 09:06:25 AM »

Me too... but one thing would be nice is to take the AI by surprise they are always aware of you and as soon as you reach 300-350 meters  they start evading no matter if you are coming from the sun or clouds (rookies are the exception).

On the other hand this is also the fun part and I can compensate by flying in wonder woman view :)

WxTech

• Modder
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2023, 12:49:25 PM »

I'd like to examine those old modded classes...
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people. - Hyman Rickover (but probably predating his use.)

Epervier

• 4.09 Guardian Angel !
  • SAS Team
  • I'm French and Rebel_409! Nobody is perfect!
    • Some tinkering here
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2023, 12:59:11 PM »

I'd like to examine those old modded classes...
Check your PM !  ;)
If your results do not live up to your expectations, tell yourself that the great oak was once an acorn too. - Lao Zi -

wern moldy

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2023, 01:46:24 PM »

All I can say is........it's about f*ckin' time this conversation took place. For my money, you can throw all the candy floss you like at this sim, but if the game play sucks then what's the point?! It's the worst fault of the game; and never receives attention. To add candy alone is akin to putting a new paint job on a car with a faulty gear box. In any other field, an activity like this would be regarded as complete stupidity.
Anyone to achieve this with some measure of success would certainly receive my gratitude, which would be to regularly contribute $$ to this forum once again.
It doesn't have to be perfect; hell, nothing else about the game is, but it becomes painfully obvious to anyone who's played it long enough to notice, that the better you get at it, the better the AI gets! A decade ago when I was a poor flyer and a lousy shot, the AI didn't need to cheat!
I suggest that anyone making the attempt.... try and stop the bastards ganging up on you as well; I really hate fighting the war alone........

WxTech

• Modder
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2023, 08:38:24 PM »

Gabriel sent me a number of 4.09 mods. I just adapted the code for the AI engine overheat mod to work in B.A.T. using my v1.6 Effects mod. That is, you must be using my Effects pack due to the new effects.

I'll look at a cooking up a version that doesn't require to use my effects mod...

After a test flight I get the distinct impression of it working. The mod can be got in this thread:

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,70706.0.html
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people. - Hyman Rickover (but probably predating his use.)

WxTech

• Modder
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2023, 10:03:29 PM »

Well, with the reduced threshold distance set in VisCheck.class, and playing a mission having AAA, the game crashes due to a null pointer error in ai\ground\NearestEnemies.class, method getAFoundEnemy. Clearly, a more wide-ranging approach is necessary! Sigh...   :-|
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 26 queries.