Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: AI engine overheat mod for B.A.T. with my Effects v1.6 Mod  (Read 3099 times)

WxTech

• Modder
AI engine overheat mod for B.A.T. with my Effects v1.6 Mod
« on: April 24, 2023, 08:33:23 PM »

Epervier provided me today a number of old 4.09 mods, one of which is the AI engine overheat mod. I just incorporated the relevant code into B.A.T.'s Motor.class, augmenting the full throttle and carb flooding smoke in my version as included with my big v1.6 Effects mod.

I tried out the version appropriate for my B.A.T. 4.0 game (I've not tried the one for B.A.T. 4.1.2 and later). It certainly seems this is working. In a fight against a flight of P-40Es, it was readily apparent that those birds were more hobbled as compared to previously, being unable to maintain a flat-out run or do endless and sustained zoom climbs.

Get it here:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/f9qgacin0enqjci/%2521_0_AI_overheat_for_WxTech_effects_v1.6.7z/file

From the included readme file:

AI Engine Overheat, adapted from 4.09, for use with my WxTech Effects v1.6 Mod

This should not to be used with a game not having my Effects pack in use, due to the new effects required.

I've incorporated the relevant code from the old 4.09 AI overheat mod into the B.A.T. Motor.class. As provided here, these variants are specifically for use with my effects mod, v1.6, replacing those provided in the folders named
  "WxTech_Full_Throttle_Smoke_Mod".

This new class therefore has, in addition to the full throttle smoke and carb flooding smoke, this new limitation of AI engine overheating enabled.

I have not tested the BAT 4.1.2+ version myself.

You need only copy/paste (overwrite OK, as I provide the originals here as well) the hashed classfile from the appropriate folder here into your "WxTech_Full_Throttle_Smoke_Mod" folder.

For B.A.T. up to 4.1.1, use the classfile in folder
  "to BAT-4.1.1".
This class might be OK for non-BAT 4.12 games.

For B.A.T. 4.1.2 and later, use the classfile in folder
  "BAT-4.1.2+".

I provide also the classes as first included with my v1.6 effects pack (no AI engine overheat), to serve as a backup. Therefore you need not backup the original in your game. The hashed Motor.class is
  AF5F8A326C3FA53C

WxTech
April 24, 2023
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people. - Hyman Rickover (but probably predating his use.)

FL2070

• Modder
  • FAC #87
Re: AI engine overheat mod for B.A.T. with my Effects v1.6 Mod
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2023, 12:10:37 AM »

This is absolutely excellent! I will be haphazardly slapping this on my BAT 4.2 + WxTech effects immediately.
On average, the average average averages, averagely, the average average of all averages.

shardana

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2023, 01:29:06 AM »

Thank you!!!

vonOben

• Modder
  • Wer den Tod fürchtet, hat das Leben verloren.
    • vonOben's Flight Sim Mods
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2023, 10:05:26 AM »

Great idea WxTech!  ]thumbsup[

I hope it will work with B.A.T. v4.2.2 Update + hotfix 4!
vonOben's Flight Sim Mods  http://vonoben.free.fr/ Twenty Years online January 3, 2022!

SAS~tsisqua

• Tsisqua Tsigawonisgi, but you can call me Bird!
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2023, 10:18:51 PM »

Thanks, Glenn!
  I was just complaining to myself that while running away from an ambush that I was burning my engine up,
while my pursuer just stayed on me with no problems.

Will give this a try tomorrow.

Bird
 ;D
"When you have to kill a man, it costs nothing to be polite." Winston Churchill

Heretic

• Casually flying in IL-2
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2023, 03:19:52 PM »

Saw this mod last night and it prompted me to dust off my IL-2 BAT install and fly a few missions.

I think I saw some effect in BAT 4.2.2H4 when a Potez 630 jumped my 109E-3 on the way back to base. It seemed to fall back somewhat faster and gave up earlier after I got tired of the one-on-one circus, disengaged and went home for good.
(Before there are complaints: Bagged a MB.152 before that, had a great mission, saw his two wingmen collide while going after me and wanted to live to tell the tale. Topped it off with probably my best 109 landing ever.)

vonOben

• Modder
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2023, 12:06:17 AM »

Hi WxTech

I've now installed your effects v1.6 and the engine overheat mod in BAT 4.2.2 with hotfix 4.

And I've checked the Motor.class in BAT and it was updated in BAT 4.2 (file date is october 8, 2021).
Since I haven't kept the 4.1.2 update, I couldn't check the file date, but the patch was released in March 10, 2021.

Any chance you would consider to update the BAT 4.2 Motor.class for the AI Engine Overheat mod?

I can send you the file if you haven't got it, it's located in the BAT-v4.2_01.zip download.

Best regards

vonOben
vonOben's Flight Sim Mods  http://vonoben.free.fr/ Twenty Years online January 3, 2022!

WxTech

• Modder
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2023, 12:52:24 AM »

In order to work on B.A.T. 4.2 Java it would be safest to have all classes, due to potential interdependencies when compiling. The latest I could find, and have, is 4.1.3.

In the interim, it would be nice if a more up-to-date modder could look at my changes and incorporate them.

Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people. - Hyman Rickover (but probably predating his use.)

Frankiek

• SAS Team
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2023, 02:13:49 AM »

Please find here a link to a dump of BAT 4.2.2 hotfix 4 classes

https://www.mediafire.com/file/15g6cr9oe389twz/com.rar/file

vonOben

• Modder
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2023, 04:41:52 AM »

Great, many thanks Frankiek   ]thumbsup[

WxTech

• Modder
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2023, 05:18:58 AM »

Excellent; Thanks for that, Frankiek!

Hopefully my primitive decompiler won't introduce any difficult oddities...

Frankiek

• SAS Team
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2023, 07:34:46 AM »

I would suggest to use DJ decompiler is very simple to use and once you  learn some standard error and weaknesses (some of them well documented by Mike) quite reliable
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 26 queries.