Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: BAT - Trouble with A.I Torpedo Attacks  (Read 748 times)

RABIZO

Re: BAT - Trouble with A.I Torpedo Attacks
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2024, 11:00:53 PM »

Mr. “Cycle”.

I have tried that method.

I was able to adjust the position so that the torpedoes would hit the ship, and also create a setting where the attack aircraft would avoid the enemy ship after dropping the torpedoes.
However, I found it troublesome to try out the settings over and over again, so I decided to use only one video.

Wing Walker

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2024, 04:23:49 PM »

AI seems to have a problem keeping a low altitude with a low speed.

Like a 50ft altitude, you have to set the aircraft speed higher, like 400kmh for it to have a chance to stay low without constantly descending to the water then suddenly pulling up hard to climb again and reset.

I have a pearl harbor mission that i built in HSFX and had no problem getting the B5Ns to torp attack battleship row.

taly01

• MY Sim Tech
« Reply #14 on: Yesterday at 08:51:05 PM »

Is there a way to tweak the A.I Torpedo run altitude?

The torpedo plane AI has a big problem if they need to drop altitude before ship attack as they will attack even if too fast speed.  They will make a direct path to ship and drop torpedo regardless of their altitude and speed once the distance condition is met! The easiest way is to edit the .mis file for several low altitude waypoint close to ships. 

Another problem eg. For He111 torpedo I had to increase attack waypoint speed alot for AI flights to get torpedos to work, as they would always fly too low and slow then dropped torpedo with shallow angle entry failure, a flopper.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 20 queries.