Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tiger King: Game of Death, a 23rd FG Campaign for #DBW  (Read 1017 times)

ponyboy314

Tiger King: Game of Death, a 23rd FG Campaign for #DBW
« on: March 15, 2024, 09:45:40 AM »

Tiger King: Game of Death, a 23rd FG Campaign for #DBW

This campaign was made with Il-2 1946, 4.10.1 #DBW.

I can't verify if this campaign will work with anything else (but I wouldn't count on it).

This is a 24-mission, historical campaign, where you will fly with the 75th Fighter Squadron, 23rd Fighter Group

This campaign runs from July, 1942 to February, 1944 

As shown in the screenshots below, you will fly the P-40E, K, and N Warhawks

Take...these Broken Wings...

In my campaigns, always start with the highest rank available.  You will thus have command of your squadron in the air in all missions, allowing you to order individual flights to attack specific targets.

Follow me, everything is all right...

Occasionally, there is other air activity going on during these missions.  This is a little reminder that there is more to this war than just you.  Cycle through the cameras if you want to see what else is going on.

I'm Burning, I'm Burning, I'm Burning for you...

Air-to-air missions make up most of this campaign, though there are an increasing number of ground attack missions towards the end.  This reflects the real-life missions of the 75th Fighter Squadron during this time..

Come on Baby, do the Locomotion...

Links to the Mods needed...

Ten101's Kawasaki Ki-48 Light Bomber ”LILY” PACK V1.22
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,44909.msg503153.html#msg503153

Download this Campaign here:

Please make use of the readme.  There's information you'll want to know before flying this campaign.

Skins by: Sakai, Macwan, Buglord, Hyate, CzechTexan, queque, Billfish, vpmedia, Imme, Beebop.  Thanx to them for all their amazing work.

That Download Link, One More Time...

Sources:

23rd Fighter Group: Chennault's Sharks by Carl Molesworth.  Osprey Publishing, 2009

God is my Co-Pilot by Robert L. Scott.  Charles Scribner's Sons, 1943

Sharks over China: The 23rd Fighter Group in World War II by Carl Molesworth.  Brassey's Publishing, 1994

Thanx for downloading, hope you enjoy!

P.S. This is probably the last campaign I will upload to SAS.  If you enjoy it, then I'll go out on a high note.  Stay cool.

leforban

Re: Tiger King: Game of Death, a 23rd FG Campaign for #DBW
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2024, 02:34:20 PM »

:) :) :) Really great as usual...
It's fun to be on the us side as the firepower of the P40 is really powerful ! and the KI48 ican become an easy prey with its high flammable burning engines ...
Le Forban

ponyboy314

Re: Tiger King: Game of Death, a 23rd FG Campaign for #DBW
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2024, 11:39:02 PM »

:) :) :) Really great as usual...
It's fun to be on the us side as the firepower of the P40 is really powerful ! and the KI48 ican become an easy prey with its high flammable burning engines ...
Le Forban
So glad you liked! 
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 24 queries.