Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Five plane formations  (Read 432 times)

Tokyo_Express_420

Five plane formations
« on: March 30, 2024, 11:45:40 AM »

IL-2 has long been limited to flights of 1-4 aircraft

This is great and all, but wouldn't it be cool to see flights of five aircraft together!

This could be very valuable, for example Italian bombers often attacked Malta in flights of five aircraft

Thanks,

- Tokyo Express

UberDemon

• UberDemon/danzigzag
  • Modder
Re: Five plane formations
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2024, 01:44:09 PM »

Engine limitation today, this one I don't think can be easily changed because everything is tied to the flight construct.

With UQMG Max that I am working on you will be able to overcome that with Cloning.

You can have a flight with a single bomber, and add 4 clones for five.  You can change the separation and then it all works.  Let me show you in a sec.
Best Regards, UberDemon/danzigzag, Get UQMG at SAS BAT Mission area.  www.uberdemon.net no longer exists.  (** Alienware Aurora R7 / i7-8700 3.20GHz / 16GB RAM / Win 10 x64 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 **)

UberDemon

• UberDemon/danzigzag
  • Modder
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2024, 01:59:07 PM »

In this case... starting in Action area in the air...

Best Regards, UberDemon/danzigzag, Get UQMG at SAS BAT Mission area.  www.uberdemon.net no longer exists.  (** Alienware Aurora R7 / i7-8700 3.20GHz / 16GB RAM / Win 10 x64 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 **)

UberDemon

• UberDemon/danzigzag
  • Modder
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2024, 02:19:34 PM »

Start flying over the base...

UberDemon

• UberDemon/danzigzag
  • Modder
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2024, 03:16:23 PM »

I changed planes for funzies...  OK this is the classic line takeoff

UberDemon

• UberDemon/danzigzag
  • Modder
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2024, 03:57:42 PM »

For Taxi and Takeoff though... you could have one plane, then 4 waves coming at about 1 minute each... but a more practical approach is to have a 3 plane flight with a clone at about 2 minutes in.  I have explained elsewhere you cannot re-use spawn points but you can have clones spawn at a location and use the lineup to the right feature.

In this I changed the planes again, and I also demonstrate the Waypoint Editor.  I removed a couple of sections from be mission so you see the route is slightly different... I also lowered the altitude and sped up the planes.  I also demonstrate you can change the skills of the pilots per plane and also the use of different skins.

At 2 minutes the second flight shows up.  I use the Patrol feature to do some form of assembly of large formations but the results vary depending on a variety of factors.

Anyhoo... that is what I have to say about that...

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 26 queries.