Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: SPAD XII  (Read 1565 times)

leforban

SPAD XII
« on: June 02, 2024, 08:56:06 AM »

Following the old request of Real darko at SAS, that I'm partially quoting for basic info,

The SPAD XII was inspired by the ideas of French flying ace Georges Guynemer, who proposed that a manoeuvrable single-seat aircraft be designed to carry a 37 mm cannon, a weapon which had previously been mounted only in large two-seat "pusher" aircraft such as the Voisin III. Béchereau took his own SPAD 7 design as the starting point, but the many major and minor changes incorporated into the SPAD 12 made it a quite different aircraft.

No units were entirely equipped with SPAD 12s. The unknown number of aircraft produced were issued in small numbers, intended for use only by the most skilled pilots, such as Rene Fonck, Lionel de Marmier, Charles Nungesser, Fernand Henri Chavannes, Henri Hay de Slade, Albert Deullin and François Battesti. They were distributed one or two per squadron. Few were delivered to combat units, 8 being recorded on strength in April and again in October; this may be contrasted with the thousands of SPAD 7s and SPAD 13s in service. Single examples for testing were delivered to the Royal Flying Corps and one to the Aviation Section of the American Expeditionary Force, with the AEF's 13th Aero Squadron receiving the aircraft, which was given the number "0", and primarily flown by the 13th's Charles John Biddle, who ended up with a total of seven confirmed victories in World War I.

Air ini

SPAD-XII                  air.SPAD_12 1            NOINFO    f01   SUMMER

Credits and info :

This model is a stop gap until someone can add the authentic 3D model to this plane and tweak the java to create a cloud in the cocpit when the cannon is fired. The actuel setting is made from the SPAD 7 from DBW1916 (sorry couldn't find its authors ?), uses its airframe and cockpit.
The airframes were very similar between the 2 planes but as the new 220hp Hispano engine and the 37mmPuteauxCannon made the plane heavier the wings were a bit longer. I added to the plane folder of the SPAD VII the cannon from the SPAD XIV (MOlva, Murdoc,Kant,Vpmedia and SAS Skipper) and its relevant entries in the hier.ini.
Work on the Cockpit could well improve this model as the one retained is the one from the SPAD 7, and doesn't have the stirring wheel "à la Deperdussin" and keeps instead the traditionnal stick which makes the plane much easier to control.
For the cockpit classes I used the SPAD XIII made by Molva and co and improved by Pete, aka Mission_bug as a base, because the SPAD VII one is locked to the SPAD VII model. Pr Frankiek and Vampire Pilot helped me a lot and corrected the cockpit java classes that I was unable to do. The fm used is the one of the SPAD VII and could be changed if necessary.
For the moment, as the 3D model is the same as the SPAD VII, the skins of the latter can be used. The Skin folder should be named SPAD-XII

Currently running in my 4.10.1DBW1916, but has not been tested in any other

Feel free to improve, tweak, adapt the files as you need

Thanks also to all the SAS community, the superschools tutorials and their authors   

Et Voila, "pour l'honneur des ailes françaises"
Le forban

New download link updated 11/06/24

https://www.mediafire.com/file/yvs9jf4if7k6ufa/newSPADXII.7z/file

Wishing you all the very best, le "meilleur du meilleur". Don't hesitate to post if I forgotten to credit any authors as I couldn't find the original authors of the SPAD VII.

stiv_069

• Skinner
Re: SPAD XII
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2024, 07:11:35 PM »

Отлично! Спасибо!

Trav

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2024, 09:08:58 PM »

Very nice to have the land based version! Thank you very much!

stiv_069

• Skinner
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2024, 12:55:52 AM »

I corrected the template a little.
https://disk.yandex.ru/d/GRIJ35vgGwnMsA

Я немного подправил шаблон.

RealDarko

• Modder
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2024, 02:01:28 AM »

That was long ago, isn't it? thanks!!

stiv_069

• Skinner
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2024, 03:07:30 AM »

I did this today. Minor fixes to hatches.
Я сделал это сегодня. Мелкие исправления люков.

stiv_069

• Skinner
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2024, 03:09:38 AM »

Among the problems noticed. On take off, his tail shakes and his crutch breaks.
Среди замеченных проблем. При взлете у него трясется хвост и ломается костыль.

Hubberranz

• Modder
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2024, 04:52:55 AM »

Great addition ! Thank you.   ;)

"..pour l'honneur (pause), la gloire (pause) et la patrie (i allongé), Vive la Fraance! (dit grassement, avec un 'an' profond)" : entendre avec la voix lente et insistante de Charles DeGaulle. 

captainChaos

• parental advisory
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2024, 05:12:39 AM »

Many thanks to both of you.
"J'parle pas aux cons, ça les instruit." M.Audiard

Hubberranz

• Modder
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2024, 05:35:18 AM »

I did this today. Minor fixes to hatches.
Я сделал это сегодня. Мелкие исправления люков.
..et merci à stiv_069 pour ses rapides livrées. Heureusement Yandex fonctionne parfaitement.

Hubberranz

• Modder
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2024, 01:33:54 PM »

Among the problems noticed. On take off, his tail shakes and his crutch breaks.
+1

I can confirm AI is bouncing towards an engine start... until the plane flips over, is top down and dies...
         Rear tail skid breaks and fails for both AI and player, if the model moves.   412.2   SAS5.3

Whiskey_Sierra_972

• Modder
  • In memory of my beloved hero: Saburo SAKAI!
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2024, 02:14:01 PM »

With airstart in my BAT422HF4 the crate could anyway be used but not landed succefully because the tail skid broke....
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 28 queries.