Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't get my ai wingmen to take off  (Read 376 times)

bearjs

Can't get my ai wingmen to take off
« on: August 25, 2024, 11:59:21 AM »

So I'm used to playing DGEN campaigns were all the ai start up their engines automatically and take off in order. I'm now trying out a handmade campaign (Years of Triumph). The ai takes off like normal if I'm not the flight lead, but if I put myself as flight lead they don't do anything. There must be a button or something that I'm missing that will tell them to start their engines and take off after me. Does anyone have any experience with this? It seems like if I let autopilot take off for me then the ai will wake up and take off, so I'm sure I'm missing something.

Vampire_pilot

Re: Can't get my ai wingmen to take off
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2024, 12:09:20 PM »

If the missions use taxi to takeoff, as flight leader you must give the order to start engines with the com menu

bearjs

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2024, 02:25:15 PM »

If the missions use taxi to takeoff, as flight leader you must give the order to start engines with the com menu

Hmm weird it seems like start engines is greyed out and doesn't do anything. Would there be something else I have to do before telling them to start engines?

genXgamer

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2024, 04:05:22 PM »

This is something that frustrates me from time to time.
If all else fails press the autopilot key and all aircraft will start their engines, you can then disengage autopilot.
Generally however I will give the abort mission command then followed by re-join or tighten formation.
Go in quickly - Punch hard - Get out!

bearjs

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2024, 04:54:21 PM »

This is something that frustrates me from time to time.
If all else fails press the autopilot key and all aircraft will start their engines, you can then disengage autopilot.
Generally however I will give the abort mission command then followed by re-join or tighten formation.

Ahh the abort mission command looks like it works, thanks! I assumed that would fail the mission so that's good to know.

Frankiek

• SAS Team
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2024, 05:01:42 PM »

In my experience the break command as well sometimes helps in resetting the mindset of our digital colleagues

bearjs

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2024, 08:03:49 PM »

In my experience the break command as well sometimes helps in resetting the mindset of our digital colleagues

I'll try that out too, thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 26 queries.