Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: F-86J WIP BETA V0.09  (Read 37628 times)

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
F-86J WIP BETA V0.09
« on: August 08, 2010, 08:49:40 AM »

Hello friends,

there's a new F-86J WIP mod Version 0.09 available at AAS.

The WIP mod thread, including download links, installation instructions, FAQ section, credits and revision history can be found here:
F-86J v0.09 WIP Mod Thread

Latest Changes:

Code: [Select]
Update Version 0.09:
* Splash logo removed.
* 20% boot stage message can be deactivated in conf.ini by adding the following lines to the end
  of your conf.ini file:
  [AAS]
NoSplashStatusMessages=1
* Boot time file check temporarily disabled due to incompatibilities with UP 1.8.
* Right wing mesh issues for US planes resolved (hopefully)
* Engagement issue regarding missile lock on friendly A/Cs resolved (pre-BETA)

Best regards - Mike
Don't split your mentality without thinking twice.

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
Re: F-86J WIP BETA V0.09
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2010, 08:50:26 AM »

Hi Gents,

after all the excitement about the V0.08 F-86J mod, please let me say some words, too.
First of all I'd like to stress that the way people instantly started to aggressively agitate agains me and other fellows around, is absolutely beyond the pale. I strongly recommend to all those agitated persons around to reflect their attitude prior to posting it.
I simply cannot accept being called an a**hole, being suspected to spread malicious software, stealing anybody else's work and things like that. I'm also very disappointed about administrative staff at SAS adding fuel to the flames instead of restraining persons performing a verbal amok. I would have expected that they'd clear up one thing or another where they definitely know better, but they didn't. Well then, I've learned from that, too.

Me myself I'm a contributor to the IL-2 game.
Some persons around should look for the meaning of this word.
I don't have any commercial interests in this game, I'm simply contributing my time and knowledge for the sake of each and every player who likes to benefit from it.

If somebody thinks I'd have nothing else to do than spreading some evil stuff around, I can just say "gfy". I know better ways to waste my time than justifying myself for the things I've been working hard for in order to offer them to the IL-2 community for free.

Those of you who thought it would be clever to drive some personal attacks against me ought to be ashamed of themselfes.
Those of you who thought it would be a good opportunity to settle old scores against AAA/AAS ought to be ashamed of themselfes even more.

It's really disappointing to see the vast majority of users taking everything for granted and feeling eligible to judge about things they don't even have the slightest clue of.

Once again: This mod is BETA. It's WORK IN PROGRESS. Take it or leave it, like it or don't.
I don't feel like discussing this sh*t further on, go on and badmouth me or whoever you like if you feel better then.
Just don't expect me to take you seriously anymore if you go on like that.

Yours sincerely
Mike

F22-Raptor-2006

• Aviator Mod Team
  • SAS Honourable Member
    • Aviator Mod Team
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2010, 09:51:25 AM »

ok guys enough is enough lets just leave it here, he's had enough needles stuck in his back, let him decide what he's gonna do with it afterall he'll have the final say as the author... just ignore this topic if it doesn't suit your liking. If it means this thread will die then so be it but raging more will only make matters worse. Save yourself some stress and go and have fun rather than argue here, it's got past the line where any more comments on this topic will be pointless.

Everything after this about branding and the 20% message will be deleted/modified as necessary. Don't like it, leave it, it's not like this will be the only mod of it's kind, there's dozens more to come.

George Formby of the AVG

• Retired Grunt
  • Retired Grunt
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2010, 10:10:52 AM »

Look Raptor, I asked a legitimate question, no needles of any kind, just a question that I think everyone would like an answer to, I am not a modder, but a regular member, I know nothing about java codes, and my main concern at this point is just a simple one, no flaming, no name calling, just that one question, why not just drop the whole little file checker thing to start with, and go back to letting us feel we can trust the mod?  Most of us don't have the ability to mod and have to depend on you guys for that, I personally love the mod and think it's petty to have to "like or leave it" when I did enjoy it very much.... so one more time Storebor, why not just take that bit out???

George Formby of the AVG

• Retired Grunt
  • Retired Grunt
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2010, 10:11:43 AM »

If you don't mind, I am cleaning this up, Storebror has another thread already filled with anger...as much as I disagree on some points with his entire approach, I think he had more than enough by now.

Let us keep this one tidy, and if possible positive, please  :-\

agree

F22-Raptor-2006

• Aviator Mod Team
  • SAS Honourable Member
    • Aviator Mod Team
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2010, 10:39:33 AM »

Sorry George, although my post was right after yours it wasn't directed at you but rather to everyone in general ;) No harsh feelings :)

George Formby of the AVG

• Retired Grunt
  • Retired Grunt
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2010, 11:06:21 AM »

Never Raptor, never

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2010, 06:57:03 AM »

why not just drop the whole little file checker thing to start with
Hi George,

you seem to have a good nose for things bearing the potential risk of irritating end users, looks like I should ask you in advance before I drop new inventions in ;)
What do you thing about the following 2 changes:
1a.) The 20% stage message changes from opt-out to opt-in, meaning that it will be shown only in the user manually adds a line to the conf.ini? or...
1b.) The 20% stage message gets shifted to the eventlog.lst, so it will not be shown on boot time but can be investigated in the log file if necessary?
2.) The file checking mechanism (which is already not being used in V0.09 anymore) will be left out until further notice and we'll discuss the contents of the file checking mechanism in public before bringing it back in possibly?

A last word to the 20% stage message: This is just meant to make life easier because of the known incompatibilities of the DiffFM mod (which e.g. is incompatible with the Advanced Engine Management mod at the moment). It's just there for BETA testing and has never been planned to reside in the final version. Any branding will be removed here as well (I just noticed that the three letters are in there currently, too - sorry for that).

Best regards - Mike

George Formby of the AVG

• Retired Grunt
  • Retired Grunt
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2010, 07:12:40 AM »

LOL Mike,
 No nose for it, I am just on the regular player end and get spooked when I download things that have little "extras" in them that I didn't want. As for your little file checker deal, I still have no clue for its practical use for game play, seems more like some kinda insurance for the mod builder end. And for the whole fiasco that transpired earlier, things may have went a little (or a lot) different if you would have given some sorta heads up before inserting the lil tag deal. I really enjoy your mod, and look forward to many more from you, do you think you could work something out with the SAS guys to where you could post your mods on the SAS site also, instead of just linking to AAS, LOL, I think I don't have an account there anymore??
Your pal,
George

LuseKofte

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2010, 07:21:45 AM »

There should be a very big presens of forgive and forget in the modding comunity  ;D
shake hands lads there is no issue unsolved anymore.

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2010, 06:46:00 AM »

Hi friends,

just to let you know how things are going on at the moment:
I'm about to close in on the first "non Beta" release and that one will be provided with download links, including source code, both here and over at AAS.
This will take some additional days for sure, but I think it's worth to wait for.
By providing the source code I hope I can satisfy the curiosity of those who'd like to look behind the scenes, and maybe one or another can re-utilize parts of it for his own modding works.

Best regards - Mike

Wad_Cutter

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2010, 02:38:55 PM »

Speaking only for myself, and I have been wanting to get this out for a while. This is to the users of which I am one but unlike some of you who only want to want, shut up, sit down and stop bitching. The people who bust a nut to make us these aircraft and other modes do this not of monetary gain nor a kiss on the ass. The very least we all can do is say “THANK YOU”. How some of you takers can only complain when it’s not just the way you want it or something is a bit off or what every makes me sick. All of us would be in a pickle if these guys stopped helping us and making aircraft or what ever for us. Take a stress pill, take a time out or no gram crackers and mike for you!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 8   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 24 queries.