Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11   Go Down

Author Topic: Ready to DL - He45C "Pavo" v1.1 update  (Read 59268 times)

redko

Re: Ready to DL - He45C "Pavo" v1.1 update
« Reply #108 on: December 19, 2010, 02:50:27 PM »

This is just something to check out, as it has happened to me a number of times.

When unpacking a zipped/rar file, be sure that you place the correct folder into your MODS folder. Sometimes the real mod is placed one folder deeper than the resulting folder-structure when unzipped  and then the mod won't load properly and you can get a 60% ctd.

This mod's folder structure should therefore look like this:

MODS/He45/3do ....

If you have a folder between MODS and the He45 folder, then you'll get a 60% ctd.

In my haste to install new aircraft this has happened to me often enough that I should know better by now. But it still happens anyway. Luckily this kind of faulty folder structure is very simple to find and rectify.

Now this may not be your problem, but just to be sure, I'd suggest you check it out anyway. Never hurts to eliminate possibilities.

Agracier, could you check on your He45C folder, into cockpit section if you have near the file called "glass_dark.tga" another one "glass_dark.mat" cause this is what the console is asking for me. If you have it and if the plane works fine for you it's maybe the reason why some seems to get troubles here to get the pit for that plane.

I can't play the Malaga campain using your map without this plane working.

Thanks

agracier

• Modder
    • The Great War in a Different Light
« Reply #109 on: December 19, 2010, 03:06:59 PM »

Agracier, could you check on your He45C folder, into cockpit section if you have near the file called "glass_dark.tga" another one "glass_dark.mat" cause this is what the console is asking for me. If you have it and if the plane works fine for you it's maybe the reason why some seems to get troubles here to get the pit for that plane.

I only have a glass_dark.tga. Not the mat file ... I found it in my HE45 folder however, but not in a He45C folder ... so maybe it's not the same.

I'll send it is you wish. PM me with e-mail as it's only a 1 k file. not worth uploading to mediafre.

Birdman

• SAS Honourable Member
« Reply #110 on: December 19, 2010, 06:29:00 PM »

I have cockpit for my He45C, so I can't test what's wrong.

I found DarkGlass.msh in He45/3do/Cockpit/I-16 folder that uses glass_dark.mat material. Thus I have 3do/Cockpit/I-16/glass_dark.mat somewhere in my IL-2 and actually found it inside fb_3do19.sfs, so it is included in v4.09m patch with early I-16 cockpits. It seems that those getting no cockpit for He45C seem to use old v4.08m or v4.09b1m version of IL-2, or there is something wrong so that IL-2 can't read that file in fb_3do19.sfs. However, that DarkGlass.msh is hidden for He45C cockpit, so you can open He45/3do/Cockpit/I-16/CockpitHe_45.him in text editor and comment or delete everything at the end of file starting from [DarkGlass]. If you're lucky enough to have just this one missing file, then you should get your cockpit working.

On the other hand, I noticed that this mod wants to repaint I-16 cockpits with stock textures and thus overrides any repaint in UP/HSFX if you don't have I-16 cockpit repaint in your MODS folder loading before this plane. Then I disabled Cockpit/I-16 folder in this mod and copied files causing error messages back in new folder with same name until He45C cockpit worked again. These are all files I needed in He45/3do/Cockpit/I-16 folder to load He45C cockpit:
Bf109F2ReVi.mat, Bf109F2ReVi.tga, Bf109F2ReViGlass.mat, Bf109F2ReViGlass.tga, Body1.msh, CockpitHe_45.him, Mask1.mat, Mask1.tga, pricel_5.msh, pricel_5_D1.msh, Reticle1.mat, Reticle1.tga, Z_Z_MASK_5.msh, Z_Z_RETICLE_5.msh
Thus all other cockpit files seem to be just unnecessary files of stock IL-2 and can be removed.

redko

« Reply #111 on: December 20, 2010, 12:20:23 PM »

I have cockpit for my He45C, so I can't test what's wrong.

I found DarkGlass.msh in He45/3do/Cockpit/I-16 folder that uses glass_dark.mat material. Thus I have 3do/Cockpit/I-16/glass_dark.mat somewhere in my IL-2 and actually found it inside fb_3do19.sfs, so it is included in v4.09m patch with early I-16 cockpits. It seems that those getting no cockpit for He45C seem to use old v4.08m or v4.09b1m version of IL-2, or there is something wrong so that IL-2 can't read that file in fb_3do19.sfs. However, that DarkGlass.msh is hidden for He45C cockpit, so you can open He45/3do/Cockpit/I-16/CockpitHe_45.him in text editor and comment or delete everything at the end of file starting from [DarkGlass]. If you're lucky enough to have just this one missing file, then you should get your cockpit working.

On the other hand, I noticed that this mod wants to repaint I-16 cockpits with stock textures and thus overrides any repaint in UP/HSFX if you don't have I-16 cockpit repaint in your MODS folder loading before this plane. Then I disabled Cockpit/I-16 folder in this mod and copied files causing error messages back in new folder with same name until He45C cockpit worked again. These are all files I needed in He45/3do/Cockpit/I-16 folder to load He45C cockpit:
Bf109F2ReVi.mat, Bf109F2ReVi.tga, Bf109F2ReViGlass.mat, Bf109F2ReViGlass.tga, Body1.msh, CockpitHe_45.him, Mask1.mat, Mask1.tga, pricel_5.msh, pricel_5_D1.msh, Reticle1.mat, Reticle1.tga, Z_Z_MASK_5.msh, Z_Z_RETICLE_5.msh
Thus all other cockpit files seem to be just unnecessary files of stock IL-2 and can be removed.

Mmmm...very interresting.  ::)
I'm still on 4.09b1m indeed as i'm not fan of packs...but will need to get UP one day to ba able to save missions on orther Agracier's map but it's another story.

I didn't found that plane for DL so i guessed i was something integrated on a pack. Too bad. I will see what i can do for these missing files. Thanks man.

If there is nothing to do i will have to DL UP. But first i have to finish MTO map ;).

SAS~Skipper

• .. geese fly ...
  • SAS Honourable Member
« Reply #112 on: March 26, 2011, 12:06:20 AM »

Try it for 4.101

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #113 on: March 26, 2011, 03:53:57 AM »

Working fine for me in 4.101 Skipper, thank you very much. 8)

Wishing you all the very best, Pete. ;D

agracier

• Modder
    • The Great War in a Different Light
« Reply #114 on: March 26, 2011, 04:01:54 AM »

Many many many thanks for making this plane AND the He51 flyable in 4.10 ... these planes are indispensable for SCW maps and scenarios ...

A wonderful update for these planes. You have my thanks and admiration!

SAS~Skipper

• .. geese fly ...
  • SAS Honourable Member
« Reply #115 on: March 26, 2011, 04:26:44 AM »

Good. :)

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
    • Check out my modded campaigns
« Reply #116 on: March 26, 2011, 06:58:02 AM »

Yes, thanks Skipper! These two aircraft are important!!!
You want to give financial support to a front line Ukraine unit fighting the Russian invaders? Paypal kyivragnarock@gmail.com

Whiskey_Sierra_972

• Modder
  • In memory of my beloved hero: Saburo SAKAI!
« Reply #117 on: March 26, 2011, 11:59:15 AM »

Thanks mate for both!

All the best!

walter

DimAurora

• Ex-SilverFox23
  • Modder
  • Self-Proclaimed Supermarine Type 391 Lover
« Reply #118 on: January 27, 2012, 02:10:58 PM »

I ran smack into an IL-2 scout with one of these and survived with no injuries!  ::) Fantastic mod!  ;D

Semor

• IL2 without Mods is possible,but senseless!
« Reply #119 on: August 10, 2013, 07:12:49 AM »

Plane did not work in 4.12. Got a 60% Loading Crash.  :-[
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 27 queries.