Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: il2fb MOD (updated Dec 13th) for different coexistent installations  (Read 27345 times)

benitomuso

• SAS Team
  • P.A.L.
Re: il2fb MOD for different coexistent installations
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2010, 05:14:34 AM »

It's nice to see that my icons are still around :)

Did the .SFS file association icon & IL-2 folder icon get transferred across to the SAS pack, too?

Hi Squog,
               I didn't know specifically who from No.457 was the author, now that you told me I'm going to credit you properly.

Regarding your question, I only took the icons as resources, nothing else from your .exe and in fact I don't know what extra function does it have. Could you detail them please for me to know.

Thanks,
                      Pablo

benitomuso

• SAS Team
  • P.A.L.
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2010, 05:20:33 AM »

yes, i thought i must be doing something wrong...
thanks for the explanation, Pablo...i can see the problem with my system now,  :D unfortunately, i don't know how to fix it yet.  :(
if i right-click on the shortcut, Properties, i only have 3 tabs to select: General, Shortcut and Compatibility. see below:

i use XP Pro, 32-bit, perhaps this is an issue?

also, i have tried it running via the cmd prompt, but i have the same loading crash at 50/60%, with the wrong loading screeen...
if i run direct from your exe, and not tfrom the desktop shortcut, the game loads fine, obviously just the default setup, and not my WW1 setup.
but, so far, all other options i have tried to load my alternate WW1 version, it has the same crash...muchos strange... :D

Malone,
                 the line "Destino:" in my version is the line "Target:" in the English version. So, you have to see in that line this text:

D:\_IL2_MODACT_23_VERSION\il2fb.exe F:FILESWW1 M:MODSWW1

Which was the line you originally told me. That's the only thing (apart from the external view name of the Shortcut) that you have to change. In my picture you will see that "C:\Games...\IL-2 Sutmovik 1946\il2fb.exe" is between brackets, because it has spaces in between. That's why Windows use the " to determine where the command ends and where the parameters begin.

Check it.

Regards,
                     Pablo

Boelcke

« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2010, 08:35:08 AM »

thx a lot, looks like another of your great additions :)

Let me ask some questions to understand before starting to copy and paste some folders in my IL-2 directory:

When naming the shortcut properties like you mentioned:

"C:\Games\Ubisoft\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\il2fb.exe" F:FilesKorea M:MODSKorea

has the new files folder to be FilesKorea or has it to be Korea? And does the new Mods folder has to be ModsKorea or Korea?

thx again wor your hard work benitomuso, alway appreciated

SAS~Malone

• flying as #46 with the FAC
  • Editor
  • proud member of that 'other' site
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2010, 09:35:28 AM »

thanks Pablo, then the line i originally tried was correct, then: under Target, it is D:\_IL2_MODACT_23_VERSION\il2fb.exe F:FILESWW1 M:MODSWW1....however, this still causes the 50% loading crash, so it doesn't look like this is working for me, unfortunately.
I'll keep trying, but i think i've run out of options on this.... :P

@ Boelcke, i can answer for you; in your example, it should be FilesKorea and ModsKorea.  ;)
.....taking fun seriously since 1968.....  8)

benitomuso

• SAS Team
  • P.A.L.
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2010, 10:19:29 AM »

People,
                I have found a problem with my wrapper, IL2fbPAL.dll. It wasn't loading properly the Files Folder, that was the reason why if you loaded only a new MODs folder it worked OK but not if you required other files in the Files Folder.

Re-download any of the links (the one at the main post or the basic QTim not 4Gb I linked to Malone). Now both of them have an il2fbPAL.dll of today which is the one that works in any case.

Regards,
                       Pablo

Boelcke

« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2010, 10:59:55 AM »

thx a lot guys :)

benitomuso

• SAS Team
  • P.A.L.
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2010, 09:00:55 PM »

thanks Pablo, then the line i originally tried was correct, then: under Target, it is D:\_IL2_MODACT_23_VERSION\il2fb.exe F:FILESWW1 M:MODSWW1....however, this still causes the 50% loading crash, so it doesn't look like this is working for me, unfortunately.
I'll keep trying, but i think i've run out of options on this.... :P

@ Boelcke, i can answer for you; in your example, it should be FilesKorea and ModsKorea.  ;)

Malone,
                   now it's confirmed: the new version works flawlessly even with heavy changed versions of the game. I set up completely different Files / MODS directories for my more complex one with lots of MODs, a basic UP and the full Histomod Pack 3.0

All of them work completely independant sharing from "IL-2 Sturmovik 1946" folder the .SFSs and all the main contents of the game, plus the Missions and the PaintSchemes (lots of Gigs not duplicated anymore).

Regards,
                         Pablo

SAS~Malone

• Editor
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2010, 09:44:57 PM »

HOORAY!!!!  :D ;D 8)
this new version has solved my problem, and now it works as advertised - this little mod is a real help for me, thanks very much, Pablo!!!
now i can free up tons of duplicate gigs, especially paintschems folders and the like!!
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Triad773

• Triad's website
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2010, 09:12:26 AM »

This looks great! I remember playing Rfactor the racing sim for a while- they have a nice way to do mini installs and have multiple versions of that sim. This seems rather similar in principle.

Looking forward to trying it out with the WWI stuff :)

Thanks for making this

Triad

SAS~Tom2

• SAS Honourable Member
  • no sweat
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2010, 10:16:51 AM »

Off-Topic:
I have a very simple and most probably very stupid question:
Any chance for a 1GB/2GB/4GB exe as a standalone upload for IL-2 modded versions running on XP 32 Bit?
I have 3 different installs (2x HSFX, 1X UP .21 with Histomod ) and my hardware runs with currently 3GB Gigs of RAM. I would like to upgrade to 4 GB identical RAM soon and make a better usage of it in IL-2.

Thanks a lot :)

Tom

SAS~Malone

• Editor
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2010, 11:09:49 AM »

Tom, upgrading from 3GB to 4GB ram with XP 32-bit is a waste, because XP can only really use 3GB ram max, so the extra will be pointless.
just try this version first, see if it works - it works fine in all my testing so far on myXP 32-bit os   ;)

Whiskey_Sierra_972

• Modder
  • In memory of my beloved hero: Saburo SAKAI!
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2010, 02:05:19 PM »

Tom, upgrading from 3GB to 4GB ram with XP 32-bit is a waste, because XP can only really use 3GB ram max, so the extra will be pointless.
just try this version first, see if it works - it works fine in all my testing so far on myXP 32-bit os   ;)

Hi mate!

There is an extension code that allow XP to read up to 4GB....
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 25 queries.