Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: il2fb MOD (updated Dec 13th) for different coexistent installations  (Read 27333 times)

gianluca

Re: il2fb MOD for different coexistent installations
« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2010, 10:14:02 AM »

hi pablo, everytime I try to open the zipped file I get a message reading: "structure of the archive is damaged"
apart of this, I suppose the trick is to point the il2fbexe in the right way, so if I have "Files" not modified (I run UP 201 with MODS folder) and want only having different MODS folders but retaining always the same "Files" folder your mod should work all the way, right? But what about if, having for example histomod korea v3, I want to enable it via JSGME?  What about then the "Files" folder which is modified as soon as I enable the mod (korea)?
thks a lot for your work!
best regards,
gianluca

Whiskey_Sierra_972

• Modder
  • In memory of my beloved hero: Saburo SAKAI!
« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2010, 03:47:31 PM »

Hi masterpieces maker!

I'm looking to install this wonderful mod between tonight and tomorrow!

About it my thought is that I'll use it to give me multiple installation for area/time on a common base!

About the loading precedence can you please confirm that at the moment it is FILES/MODS/SFS?

If so my inention is to put the air.ini/all.ini into different FILES folder to load specific plane and map settings (example FILESKOREA , FILESSCW , FILESWWI , and so on) and all the other mods into one common MODS folder where all live togheter but are loaded at need by the above different FILES folders pointed from the dedicated .exe path!!!

I hope to have understand the right thing!

walter

Whiskey_Sierra_972

• Modder
« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2010, 06:06:37 PM »

Hi mate!

Thanks for the reply!

Yes I have write wrong the order!

At the moment I have tested to put all the maps into the files folder with only the all.ini into the mods folder but without success!

I'll use this new exe to set multiple mods folder to specific location/era so I'll anyway save space by having only one installation of all the game files and paint schemes!

It also will help in using only one link for the MatManager and the others QMT!!

walter

benitomuso

• SAS Team
  • P.A.L.
« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2010, 11:08:57 PM »

Gerax,
            I already made the new version with the proposed logic:

FilesCore <- Files <- MODSCORE <- MODS

It works quite good. It allows you to do things like this:

-Load through different FilesCore folders, different .rc files that will load different contents through .SFSs (like stock one or HSFX/UP, sounds, etc.)

-Overwrite some of those contents through different Files folders or even, having a single Files folder where you activate MODs through JSGME, always to the same directory, that loads over the FilesCore.

-Having a basic set of MODs in the MODSCORE folder (for instance the maps)

-Adding or overwriting different sets of Mods through different MODS folders specialized for any requirement (differnet planes, 3D objects, etc.)

Soon I'will post it.

Regards,
                      Pablo

About the loading precedence can you please confirm that at the moment it is FILES/MODS/SFS?

If so my inention is to put the air.ini/all.ini into different FILES folder to load specific plane and map settings (example FILESKOREA , FILESSCW , FILESWWI , and so on) and all the other mods into one common MODS folder where all live togheter but are loaded at need by the above different FILES folders pointed from the dedicated .exe path!!!

NO my friend! MODS rulez  :D!
It goes Mods/Files/SFS!

Make the mods folders you want to have. Give everone his own std folder.. there you easily can add all the necessary planes, ships etc etc for this specific mod. Put also a maps folder with specific all.ini in every of this multiple mods folders, so you easily will have only the maps and texs you need!
It goes in this way: copy the default STD in every of your added mods folders and add there the specific stuff. This spares a lot of memory! Same with maps. In files folder I have the maps folder with all the common used (most dafault) maps and texs. In the specific mods folders I have mapmods folder with subfolder maps and there a default all.ini with all default entries and added entries and stuff I want to have in this specific mod...   

ATM I use the files folder as a kind of core-mods folder Pablo talked above. But, I made a copy of default files folder, this I will activate when the core-mods folder is available, then I will put all the common used stuff (effects, game-,map etc etc) into this core-mods folder and forget about the files folder. ;D

ATM I have this mods-folders and they all work!!!:
Mods-Jets, Mods-Maps_Tests, Mods-Night, Mods-Pplanes_Tests1, Mods-Twister (!), Mods-WWI (even with new AVIA Russian-Font-WWI). Some will follow: Mods-PTO, Mods-MTO,Mods-BoB etc.

Problem is: what to do with some mods wich have another il2fb.exe, (Exe_xxxMB, USL_ADDONSetc.) ?  Most other JSGME mods you easily can copy manuall in the folder you want to have it but .. problem is, what to do when it is a SFS file (effects_high, -low, perfect_maps) ? So you have to disable it everytime you don't want to have it in another mod.
ATM its a little bit tricky to solve this, but you have to do all the necessary copying, renaming etc. very carefully ..  :D

Whiskey_Sierra_972

• Modder
« Reply #40 on: December 13, 2010, 02:06:34 AM »

Hi mates!

I have a little thought about , inspired from my mods mental organization other then a full knowledge of the folder engine , about a ladder path of folder to load that Benitomuso have in develop:

1) MODSCORE - an unique folder where we can put all mods that can be shared by any installation like maps&texture , objects , ship , armour , effects , new weapon , some AI mods and so on;

2) MODS - a multiple customizable folder where we can put specific planes and all.ini that load before the MODSCORE;

3) FILES - where put alternative .rc file (such file , I believe , manage the SFS loading);

4) FILESCORE - for the stock .rc file.-

If so it is a great revolution that allow multiple installation into the same game root saving a lot of space and make possible have all mods in one single installation!

I know that this can be a little too much but I feel that adding a such customizable attitude even at the mission and quick folder can help in keep the correspondence between the map loaded by the custom all.ini and the QMB/SINGLE MISSION/CAMPAIGN map needed.

Just a thought about anyway.....

All the best!

walter

benitomuso

• SAS Team
  • P.A.L.
Re: il2fb MOD (updated Dec 13th) for different coexistent installations
« Reply #41 on: December 13, 2010, 07:08:55 PM »

Ton,
            gracias por el aviso. Ya está arreglado.

Guys, the 512Kb version now is present in the corresponding folder. Ton has realized that I have mistaken that version.

Regards,
                   Pablo

Boelcke

« Reply #42 on: December 14, 2010, 04:21:17 AM »

thx again benitomuso,

i´m using the 4GB version and merged my heavy modified UP 2.01 together with Histomod - outstanding, can´t say "thank you" enough :)

benitomuso

• SAS Team
  • P.A.L.
« Reply #43 on: December 15, 2010, 06:18:13 AM »

Yes Gerax,
                    you have to run the program only once with that parameter added to the rest. It will make the Windows file association for .SFS to the il2fb.exe of the folder
you run it from.

Once you called it that way, the association persists and you don't need to call it anymore. The idea was to give users the chance of doing that if they want.

Regards,
                      Pablo

benitomuso

• SAS Team
  • P.A.L.
« Reply #44 on: December 25, 2010, 10:40:19 PM »

Just tried this mod with 4.10, at first glance it works without problems, thats very very fine I think!  ;)

Gerax, the .exe and the wrappers don't change from version to version of the IL-2, so it is not expected any impact on it.

We were using the original il2fb.exe cracked by QTim with his wrapper for years and for many different versions of the game. My one (which owes everyhting to QTim) can be so everlasting as his one.

Regards,
                    Pablo

Whiskey_Sierra_972

• Modder
« Reply #45 on: December 26, 2010, 03:35:46 AM »

Just notived the 1.1!!

WOW!!!!

You managed the revolution I was looking for!!!

Now I can set a single installation with multiple mods folders inside!

What huge HD space saving!!!!

Only one paintschemes , mission , map , folder and multiple plane folder with dedicated mods!

I believe that I'll must to work hard to get it working before the next Christmas....but all the effort over IL2 are the best expended!!!!!

Thanks again mate!

walter

ReverbDev

« Reply #46 on: January 21, 2011, 01:46:22 PM »

First of all, I am going to apologize in advance, because I suspect that perhaps this isn't the right place to be posting this stuff.  So please don't smack me upside the head :)

The reason why I'm here, in this site and forum topic, is from doing a google search on IL-2 and looking for command line options.  I help with a gaming site that runs the old MSN zone style of lobbies, which generally deal with the older stlye of direct play games.  Our lobby system also has the capabilities of launching a game via command line options.  A lot of our members who play the old Crimson Skies game also do a lot of IL-2 stuff, and they are looking for an alternative to the HyperLobby system. (No offense to those who do use it of course!)

Basically, I'm looking for a way to pass args to the game exe, which would include perhaps maps, mods, etc... but also a way to specify who the game host is, what their IP is to connect into, etc... Does *this* game allow those types of commands to be passed in? If so, does anyone know what those are, or where I can get a list of what the allowable parms are?

Thanks kindly in advance, and again... if I'm in the wrong place, I do deeply apologize... This is my first "hunt" in trying to solve this...

Gary :)

benitomuso

• SAS Team
  • P.A.L.
« Reply #47 on: January 22, 2011, 07:21:25 AM »

Gary,
          first of all, this game (IL-2 Sturmovik) is basically a game made in Java and interpreted more than a compiled x86 or 64 bit game.

So in this case there are many things on how the program comunicates with remote servers that many at the community know, but all at the Java side of IL-2, being absolutely particular of this game and I can say without many chances of mistaking that are not aplyable to anything else.

What can be done in your game depends on how it was programed but I can tell you that there are no general recipes, only knowing and having the resources open of that specific program could give you the chance to manipulate something.

Regards,

Pablo
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 25 queries.