Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: il2fb MOD (updated Dec 13th) for different coexistent installations  (Read 27341 times)

Whiskey_Sierra_972

• Modder
  • In memory of my beloved hero: Saburo SAKAI!
Re: il2fb MOD (updated Dec 13th) for different coexistent installations
« Reply #48 on: January 26, 2011, 05:18:12 AM »

Hi mate!

A nimble question: did your exe compatible with 6DOF for track IR???

All the best!

And Happy New Year!!!

walter

Whiskey_Sierra_972

• Modder
  • In memory of my beloved hero: Saburo SAKAI!
« Reply #49 on: February 16, 2011, 12:19:28 PM »

Hi mate!

Please don't hurry in a reply , I know that you are in holiday!

While I'm waiting for the reply at the post above (I haven't yet installed the track IR due som PC trouble in the last weeks) I take the occasion to give you a little feedback report of your new exe or at least of the 4GB one!

1) I have now 5 multiple installation in wich the mods core folder contain the full mods I installed and the mods folder costumed by theatre (preWWII - Wester Europe - Eastern Europe .....) with only the air.ini & all.ini files to avoid high planes numbers error message and keep the planes & maps at the minimum needed for the theatre to speed up the loading time!

2) I discovered a bug in ram allowance in your 4GB exe which don't allow to load the huge 3BG_Korea map when the old 4GB exe I used before instead did (I test it again just now!)

In the meantime all the best!

walter

McWolf

« Reply #50 on: April 08, 2011, 08:01:37 AM »

This is COOL!
I found 4GB version seems not fast as patched IL2.exe with 4GB patch, maybe I am wrong.
Look forward to IL2 be loaded as ArmA2 Loader, that will be more effective.

New 4GB version seems better than previous one. I think this mod will be quite potential for IL2 playing way, maybe change all in future. such as Arma2 Launcher,
Here: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8241
you can load any mod in a UI menu and arrange it more clearly. Thanks benitomuso's great mod!

PS: it's possible to add 6DOF support?

McWolf

« Reply #51 on: April 17, 2011, 12:44:47 AM »

Hi Pablo
Any update news for your this great mod?

benitomuso

• SAS Team
  • P.A.L.
« Reply #52 on: June 06, 2011, 11:36:33 AM »

Gerax,
             basically the Mike's (Storebror) selector, works the same way that mine, parsing parameters to the wrapper (that he keeps calling it wrapping.dll).

Storebror has improved the search procedures the wrapper has inside and my published il2fbPAL.dll is only a slight improved over the stock one. The limitation or enclosure (we could say kind of that) of the current structure of the selector, is that the parameters only can be parsed from the selector (when you say if it's for UP, SAS, etc, the memory ammount...), and it doesn't have two level structure parameters: RootFiles, RootMODS in addition to Files and MODS.

I use for myself a new il2fbPAL.dll which is a mix between what Mike achieved regarding performance and the fact that I don't have to "select" anything.

If you want it I can share it.

Regards,
                      Pablo

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #53 on: June 06, 2011, 11:38:57 AM »

the parameters only can be parsed from the selector
Not quite, Pablo ;)

question goes also to Storebro
So I take the liberty to answer as much as the IL-2 Executable Selector is concerned.
Basically this new selector is designed to accept mods and files folder parameters according to game type selection from the il2fb.ini file, but there are (currently not yet documented to public) ways to override this.

First way to override would be to set the mods and files subfolder names explicitely in the il2fb.ini.
This can be done by supplying the following settings in the "[Settings]" section of il2fb.ini (which is the only section currently anyway):
Code: [Select]
FilesFolder=<Your Files subfolder name here>
ModsFolder=<Your Mods subfolder name here>

Second way to override the folder names is similar to Pablo's version in the first post of this thread, by specifying the folders by command line parameters, e.g.

il2fb.exe f:<Your Files subfolder name here> m:<Your Mods subfolder name here>
Where the parameters f: and m: are case-insensitive and can (but don't have to) be lead by a slash, meaning these four parameter settings are just the same:
f:Test
F:test
/f:TEST
/F:tEsT

If you wanna skip one folder (e.g. the SAS Modact 3.x doesn't have a "Files" folder), just set the regarding parameter to "none".
For instance, the game type "SAS Modact 3" setting corresponds to the following command line parameters:
il2fb.exe /f:none /m:#SAS
One thing the selector doesn't offer is the possibility to have a two-stage mechanism for files and mods folders, i.e. having 4 modded files folders in total (the FC and MC switches in Pablo's il2fb MOD), but I doubt anyone is using those switches anyway.

Hope that helps...

Best regards - Mike
Don't split your mentality without thinking twice.

benitomuso

• SAS Team
  • P.A.L.
« Reply #54 on: June 07, 2011, 05:15:41 PM »

Mike,
           sorry, I forgot that you read the parameters from the .ini too.

Gerax, I'm posting here the new version of my wrapper:

It works only with the adapted .exes I originally published for this mod, not with the traditional QTim il2fb.exe neither with Mike's selector.

What does it have:

The Mike's achievement regarding efficiency for the creation of the list, caching as in his last version with "cache" parameter but it has the two levels for folder structure and a couple of extras:

/mc: or mc: for MODS core
  /m: or m: for MODS
  /fc: or fc: for Files core
  /f or f: for Files
  /asoc or asoc for .SFS association with the il2fb.exe icon you have
  /deasoc or deasoc for .SFS files de-association with the il2fb.exe

As usual backup your previous one before any change.

Regards,
                         Pablo

benitomuso

• SAS Team
  • P.A.L.
« Reply #55 on: June 07, 2011, 05:35:55 PM »

Gerax,
             I've just reuploaded the file because I think that the one I first posted was a little outdated. Redownload it just in case.

Regards,
                     Pablo

benitomuso

• SAS Team
  • P.A.L.
« Reply #56 on: June 07, 2011, 05:45:53 PM »

Yes,
          it's exactly that but as a more reasonable parameter.

Just once you have to call: il2fb.exe /asoc to associate the .SFS and if you don't want them anymore associated: il2fb.exe /deasoc

Register was an ugly name for a parameter.

Regards,
                     Pablo

benitomuso

• SAS Team
  • P.A.L.
« Reply #57 on: June 08, 2011, 04:53:41 AM »

Gerax,
              you were right, the logic of overwritting was not the proper one! The fact is that since HSFX5 I don't use two levels of folder structures so I didn't notice it.

I reuploaded the same file but now it really follows the corresponding order you stated:

SFS <- FilesCore <- Files <- MODSCore <- MODS

So I think that now it will work OK for you and any who wants it.

Regarding parameters, as Mike told you, there is no real difference on using them in upper or lower case, they are interpreted the same way by the wrapper.

Pablo

benitomuso

• SAS Team
  • P.A.L.
« Reply #58 on: June 08, 2011, 09:00:32 AM »

Oops!

Yes Gerax, yesterday I had posted the same one. Now I've just uploaded the one that I tested renaming my only one stage Files and MODS and parsing them as /fc:oFiles /mc:oMODS (those are the names I took) and it works OK.

The size is not different, because the .dll has essentially all the same. But this one reads the folders in the corresponding order.

I don't create a new one because if the previous was wrong it doesn't make any sense to keep it there, that's why I just overwrite.

Regards,
                    Pablo

benitomuso

• SAS Team
  • P.A.L.
« Reply #59 on: June 09, 2011, 06:40:12 AM »

Yes Gerax,
                   it has all the Sorebror wrapper features with subtle changes made by me plus the specific features of my original MOD for this. The cache it will save (if configured to do so) stores also the FilesCore and MODSCore contents.

By editing the .ini you can change the behaviour of the whole thing, if you want (I don't use any .ini). What are not read from there are the locations of the mc and mc folders. They can only be parsed as commmand prompt parameters.

Regards,
                     Pablo
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.076 seconds with 27 queries.