Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: New MODding Tool: Total MODder V1.2 (Build 120.15 - Aug 29th)  (Read 59431 times)

RedSpade

• Thankful to all modders
Re: New MODding Tool: Total MODder V1.2 (Build 120.15 - Aug 29th)
« Reply #108 on: June 10, 2012, 10:04:14 AM »

Pablo,
No, I have not yet downloaded the mod (nor read the Readme file).  But based on your comments, I will do that and see if I can figure it out.  I am interested in anything that helps me understand the inner workings of the modding processes.  That is not a yes, I will create your MCT document, but after I a take a deeper look at what you have here, I will let know if I am interested.  I do a lot of "How to" documentation in my RL work, not that I'm good at it, but I'm better than most of my co-workers.  Good usable documentation is difficult to write.

Warmest regards.

crazyflak

• Modder
  • Are your words prettier than silence?
« Reply #109 on: June 10, 2012, 04:12:52 PM »

Okeye, here come my first real 2 cents:

Got a 95% freeze upon game loading? check the name of the "BASE" folder of the profile you're attempting to load.

Apparently only some names are recognized.

I had this as base for a WWI profile: "DBW-WWI ORIGINAL/#DBW1916"  result is 95% freeze upon loading.

Now I thought maybe only a few names (#SAS, #UP, #DBW, #MODS) are recognized as "bases", so I changed the folder name "#DBW1916" to "#DBW"... bingo! Now it loads normally and I get the WWI content as desired.

slipper

• Modder
« Reply #110 on: June 10, 2012, 04:52:02 PM »

Had a mess about with this today, and it is a really great mod, so easy to swap things about.

At the moment i have a collection of a few STD folders that i load depending on the set of aircraft/objects i need, better than what i had before but still open to making mistakes.

Waiting on my registration code to give the configuration files option a try.

Out of interest how are people dealing with the problem of loading different air.ini's, static.ini's etc and making sure they have the correct mods enabled for them?

Eagerly waiting, really great bit of work Pablo

cheers

slipper

crazyflak

• Modder
« Reply #111 on: June 10, 2012, 05:29:33 PM »

Out of interest how are people dealing with the problem of loading different air.ini's, static.ini's etc and making sure they have the correct mods enabled for them?

You associate a given profile with a given "configuration" folder, but it is up to YOU to get it right, ie to make sure every mod in the profile has the appropriate air.ini/technic.ru/static.ini etc.. lines in THAT configuration folder.

Also I very STRONGLY advise to immediately put inside each configuration folder a different background.tga that will let you know which configuration folder is being loaded (or whether it is being loaded at all).

So in my case I have:

configuration_PTO     (which I associate to the PROFILE  PTO -all japanese mods, etc...)
configuration_ETO
configuration_POSTWAR  (which I associate to the PROFILE JETS  -all post war machines up to Vietnam war)
confiuration_EASTERNFRONT
configuration_WWI         (which I associate to the PROFILE WWI -DBW1916 plus any related addition)
configuration_Nightfigther   (which I associate to the PROFILE  NIGTH -all nightfigther mods, etc...)

etc...

and I did put a specific background.tga inside each of those configuration folders (here you'll find more than enough backgrounds ready to use https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,16511.0.html):

a F86 launching screen inside POSTWAR configuration folder,
dogfigthing biplanes for WWI,
a Stuka G1  (or an IL2) for EASTERNFRONT,
an Me-163 for ETO,
a Zero for PTO,
an Me262BNJ for Nightfigthing config
etc...

so that I have a precise way to know what configuration folder my game is loading along with a given profile.

Crucially, I leave the standard "DBW" background inside the BASE of the profile as contrast to control whether the separate configuration folder is loading or failing to load.

This way I have more information on what is going on (very handy when things are not going according to expectation -which is the rule rather than the exception  :P).

crazyflak

• Modder
« Reply #112 on: June 10, 2012, 05:59:50 PM »

BTW, Benito, I have problems with configuration folders.

I clearly select the "invader" confiuration folder in the "configuration files" menu. It has an A26 background...  I save the profile wxith this conf, activate and then launch IL2. But the A26 doesn't show, instead the usual "DBW" screen contained in the BASE loads. This means the configuration folder isn't loaded. Why? I've done everything as it should be (unless, again, there are restrictions on where the configuration folders can be or which names they can have).

benitomuso

• SAS Team
  • P.A.L.
« Reply #113 on: June 10, 2012, 07:18:29 PM »

BTW, Benito, I have problems with configuration folders.

I clearly select the "invader" confiuration folder in the "configuration files" menu. It has an A26 background...  I save the profile wxith this conf, activate and then launch IL2. But the A26 doesn't show, instead the usual "DBW" screen contained in the BASE loads. This means the configuration folder isn't loaded. Why? I've done everything as it should be (unless, again, there are restrictions on where the configuration folders can be or which names they can have).

Crazyflak,
                      I think that there is a little divergence from the concept of these Configuration Folders. Here is a fragment of the ReadMe:

Code: [Select]
"You can set one of these Configuration Folders for every profile, so you can have not
only different MODs by Profile, but different planes, buttons, .rc files, etc. loaded. In
the basic (I mean not registered version), it will only load from that folder these 6
most important files:

air.ini
plane_ru.properties
buttons
all.ini
.rc
.preload

In the non-registered version of the game it will only show the folder and its contents
but will not allow you to drag and drop files or double click to edit anything. This
feature gets activated after registration, and it showed to be tremendously powerful,
because it is quite easy to update planes configuration, etc, etc. The registered version
not only enables the window to work interactively over it but it makes possible to work
with all the eventual files of the i18n and com folders as you can see in the previous
image (the list is not restricted to the 6 core configuration files but to all..."

So, in basic version only those files will be loaded (even if you copy the whole bunch of other DBW files there). But you Crazyflak have the Registered Version, so the difference is that to that list you have to add these files:

Code: [Select]
Chief.ini
Rockets.ini
Ships.ini
Static.ini
Stationary.ini
Technics.ini

bld_ru.properties
controls_ru.properties
country.properties
country_ru.properties
gui_ru.properties
gwindow_ru.properties
hud_log.properties
hud_log_ru.properties
hud_msg_ru.properties
hud_order_ru.properties
maps.properties
maps_ru.properties
netmessages_ru.properties
regInfo_ru.properties
regShort_ru.properties
ship_ru.properties
tanks_ru.properties
technics_ru.properties
vehicle_ru.properties
weapons_ru.properties

Those are the "Configuration Files", they are hardcoded, I mean: the only contents of your "Configuration Files Folder" that will be recognized are these ones. Note that the Background and other files are not included. They could be included, but not by the user, I can add that for the next release. But again: NOT EVERYTHING copied to this folder will be used. That's the big difference. This folder doesn't read sub-directories, and you don't need to copy it with the complex folder structure of the game. The rest of the folders used for MODs, are read with its structure.

I hope this clarifies something.

Regards,
                              Pablo

PD: Are all of you using the Version 1.3RC which is the last?

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,17645.84.html

benitomuso

• SAS Team
  • P.A.L.
« Reply #114 on: June 10, 2012, 07:23:33 PM »

Had a mess about with this today, and it is a really great mod, so easy to swap things about.

At the moment i have a collection of a few STD folders that i load depending on the set of aircraft/objects i need, better than what i had before but still open to making mistakes.

Waiting on my registration code to give the configuration files option a try.

Eagerly waiting, really great bit of work Pablo

cheers

slipper

Slipper, are you Michael? I received a donation but without the Hardware ID required to generate the key. I sent you an de-mail. Pleae answer me with those data to provide you with the proper key.

Regards,
                     Pablo

crazyflak

• Modder
« Reply #115 on: June 10, 2012, 10:12:18 PM »

Ah! Ok! Thank you for the clarification... :)  sorry for spreading confusion :-[

However if later backgrounds can get recognized I think it would help trouble shooting issues (just a suggestion, but obviously not crucial if it is too much hassle)

PS; yes I used 1.3RC

slipper

• Modder
« Reply #116 on: June 11, 2012, 02:05:25 PM »

Pablo

Slipper, are you Michael? I received a donation but without the Hardware ID required to generate the key. I sent you an de-mail. Pleae answer me with those data to provide you with the proper key.

Regards,
                     Pablo

Yes thats me, have not recieved an e-mail though mate!

What info do you need? could i pm you it?

Thanks

slipper

benitomuso

• SAS Team
  • P.A.L.
« Reply #117 on: June 11, 2012, 10:07:32 PM »

Yes,
            send me the code that appears in HardwareID in Help/Donate/Enter Key. Copy it and send it to me by PM or use the "Send Hardare ID and other information to receive Key" Button in that window.

Regards,
                    Pablo

slipper

• Modder
« Reply #118 on: June 12, 2012, 12:34:09 AM »

Pablo

cheers mate, pm sent

regards

slipper

chupag72

« Reply #119 on: June 15, 2012, 07:30:20 AM »

And for the version of 4.11.1 work?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 15   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 26 queries.