Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: New MODding Tool: Total MODder V1.2 (Build 120.15 - Aug 29th)  (Read 59399 times)

muronen

Re: New MODding Tool: Total MODder V1.2 (Aug 13th)
« Reply #60 on: August 16, 2011, 04:31:56 PM »

:D Hi Pablo and thanks.
One simple question. The registration? How and where?
The Program is just wonderful.

Gerson

« Reply #61 on: August 16, 2011, 06:03:36 PM »

Hi Pablo
Unfortunately same problems as before with version 1.2
The game doesnt launch
everything is as it is supposed to be but the game doesnt launch
Ill try to fix it or wait for another update
Thanks a lot
Gerson

benitomuso

• SAS Team
  • P.A.L.
« Reply #62 on: August 16, 2011, 09:56:37 PM »

:D Hi Pablo and thanks.
One simple question. The registration? How and where?
The Program is just wonderful.

Hi Muronen.

Registration is possible though some donation in PayPal. You have to go to the Help menu / Donate and follow the steps detailed in Enter Key. After a donation you receive an unlocking code that will be valid for all new versions of the program.

Thanks,
                       Regards. Pablo

benitomuso

• SAS Team
  • P.A.L.
« Reply #63 on: August 16, 2011, 10:00:08 PM »

Hi Pablo
Unfortunately same problems as before with version 1.2
The game doesnt launch
everything is as it is supposed to be but the game doesnt launch
Ill try to fix it or wait for another update
Thanks a lot
Gerson

Gerson,
                 it's very strange. V1.2 resolves everything not working properly in V1.1 and adds a couple of functions.

Are you following strictly the Step by Step of the ReadMe? What does your log.lst say? Should we assume that the game crashes before the 5% of loading (I mean: without showing the Splash Screen)?

Regards,
                       Pablo

BT~Tarik

• Modder
« Reply #64 on: August 17, 2011, 03:31:05 AM »

v 1.2 works for me now ! Thnks a lot forthis. Too bad only the thing with the registratio cause i cannot donate...

benitomuso

• SAS Team
  • P.A.L.
« Reply #65 on: August 18, 2011, 09:41:26 PM »

v 1.2 works for me now ! Thnks a lot forthis. Too bad only the thing with the registratio cause i cannot donate...

Milantarik,
                   as it is explained in the program, the 85% is completely usable and free. I only reseved a couple of bonuses for those who feel like to donate some money for the intense work I did.

Cheers,
                  Pablo

AMK

« Reply #66 on: August 24, 2011, 08:22:36 AM »

IF anyone have worked MDoDer with DBW 1.6 ??
For me game start but when push fly game clouse.
In orginal il2.exe from SAS all works ok.

benitomuso

• SAS Team
  • P.A.L.
« Reply #67 on: August 24, 2011, 11:29:11 AM »

IF anyone have worked MDoDer with DBW 1.6 ??
For me game start but when push fly game clouse.
In orginal il2.exe from SAS all works ok.

AMK,
            I still haven't seen v1.6 but your problem is a typical "java memory on the edge" one.

Go to Menu Tools / Executable Selector and uncheck "Enable Special Memory Options" and click on Write Changes. You will have the your game with the same il2fb.exe from SAs, only icon changed.

Regards,
                        Pablo

AMK

« Reply #68 on: August 25, 2011, 01:00:39 PM »

not help :(

benitomuso

• SAS Team
  • P.A.L.
« Reply #69 on: August 25, 2011, 04:08:17 PM »

AMK,
            I have installed DBW 1.6 and it works OK with TotalMODder. Something particular regarding your installation is goin on.

To All:
                regarding the DBW1916, it must be activated exactly as a package (like DBW or UP3 let's say) and basically following the Step by Step specified in the ReadMe.pdf of TotalMODder.

If you already have a working DBW profile and you have installed V1.6 and it's working, you can do this to easily configure DBW1916:

1-Before opening Total MODder, create a folder in your MODding repository. In my case I called it #DBW_ModAct1916

2-Inside that folder, you have to copy all the #DBW_1916 folder that the V1.6 installation created at your game root. So in my case I have a copy #DBW_ModAct1916\#DBW_1916 with everything new to 1916

3-Rename that folder to just #DBW, i.e.  #DBW_ModAct1916\#DBW_1916 => #DBW_ModAct1916\#DBW. This last step is necesary because the free version of Total MODder only recognizes MODS, #UP# and #DBW as folders containing MODs. If you have the registered version of the program, you can add #DBW_1916 in Tools / Special Folders and you can keep the original name.

4-Launch the Total MODder and with the button "Add" create a copy of your DBW profile with some reasonable name as DBW1916.

5-The best would be to begin with an empty profile. So please remove all the MODs you have in the right pane.

6-In the left pane you will be having the #DBW_ModAct1916 folder. So please add it to the right and always leave it as the bottom activator (look at my pic).

7-Go to Tools / Configuration Files and confirm if you have special MODded versions of any of the configuration files air.ini .rc, etc. Because if you have they will load before the 1916Activator and you will not see the 1916 planes. If you have, just click Change and create a different config folder for your 1916 profile, that at the beginning will be empty.

8-Click Tools / Profile Shortcut to Desktop and since then you can use the DBW1916 just by clicking the new icon created in Windows Desktop.

Regards,
                         Pablo

AMK

« Reply #70 on: August 25, 2011, 06:25:27 PM »

ok
i delete il2fb.mods and now when new make all works fine :):):

Slink

• Cosmetic to some; to others a nightmare! - Merlin
« Reply #71 on: August 26, 2011, 09:54:28 AM »

Pablo, have a bit of a weird problem with the roster and TotalMoDder (v1.2 in DBW1.6).

This works as usual for generated DCG campaigns, no problem, DCG only generates campaigns in the standard way, and works fine.

However, when loading the profile for my BoB modded DCG campaign, which overlays standard DBW with GUI, custom air.ini etc; the roster function fails and all I get is a flickering screen as the game appears to be unable to find the files to display, which are of course in IL2/Missions/campaigns/GB/CampaignName as usual. This is from any screen, campaign selection or briefings, and task manager is the only way out.

The mod structure looks like this;

IL2Game
 >ModProfiles
   >!DCG_CoE_BoB_Campaign_Mod
     >#DBW
       >!BoB
         >com
         >dgen
         >gui
         >i18n
         >icons
         >maps
         >paintschemes
         >samples
         >missions
           >campaigns
             >GB - background.tga & rank.properties
             >DE - background.tga
   >other mods
   >etc.

Fairly simple and containing nothing special, I had this running in jsgme previously without errors, the only real change is the skins folder has to go through jsgme or an external third party app like DCG won't find them.

My first thought was that the game was being redirected to the mod missions directory, and so not finding the files, but removing it so the standard missions directory is used makes no difference. Enabling/disabling MissionPro for DBW doesn't make any difference either.

As said, the campaign directory is created correctly under IL2/Missions/Campaigns/GB/CampaignName as usual, and all the relevant files are there, but for some reason the game doesn't want to find them when the mod(profile) is loaded, resulting in the flickering screen.

I want to make both jsgme and TotalMODder versions available, but it's hard to tell people not to use the roster, especially when I've added a whole list of historical BoB aces and squad commanders.

I don't want people to have to shunt hundreds of megs back and forth in jsgme unless they choose to take that option, and being able to select the profile for the modded campaign directly is the perfect solution for this kind of add-on, but where could the problem lie?

Any ideas?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 15   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 24 queries.