Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: New MODding Tool: Total MODder V1.2 (Build 120.15 - Aug 29th)  (Read 59422 times)

Slink

• Cosmetic to some; to others a nightmare! - Merlin
Re: New MODding Tool: Total MODder V1.2 (Build 120.15 - Aug 29th)
« Reply #84 on: February 11, 2012, 11:20:22 AM »

Tried, but won't work with the new selector. I'm missing this desperately, just so damn elegant and practical!
Pablo, we need you!

benitomuso

• SAS Team
  • P.A.L.
« Reply #85 on: February 12, 2012, 05:53:14 PM »

Slink and All,

I have investigated sveral things and finally made my own DIpunt.dll in C Builder, absolutely based on the work of Mike (Storebror). I'm quite busy now and in the next days I will not be able to finish the new TotalMODder nicluding this. For the while, those who need to use it, just can extract the contents of this .rar to the root of your Il-2 game.

It includes the il2fb.exe and my wrapper il2fbPAL.dll plus my new DInput.dll. The only thing you may need is an il2fb.ini with the proper settings for your PC. An example is like this:

[Settings]
RamSize=512

It is the same format of Storebror's selector, because my DInput.dll reads exactly like Mike's one and in fact it is 80% of his code.

The next TotalMODder will adjust memory settings directly in the il2fb.ini and will auto "activate" the game with these.

Regards,
                       Pablo

Slink

• Cosmetic to some; to others a nightmare! - Merlin
« Reply #86 on: February 15, 2012, 10:46:47 AM »

Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou; Pablo, you're a hero, you made my day!
This doesn't just make running a modded game so much easier, it's also extremely practical for direct on the fly editing without having to shunt all those megs back and forth, even looks good too (and a big thankyou to Storebror for the code and generosity!).

Flying H

• "And you can fly, high as a kite if you want to..
« Reply #87 on: February 15, 2012, 01:06:53 PM »

Lovely! I really miss this excellent utility!
And you can fly, high as a kite, if you want to.........

SAS~Tom2

• SAS Honourable Member
  • no sweat
« Reply #88 on: March 31, 2012, 06:14:49 PM »

It is not the easiest tool to deal with..if you have a franken-system and try to test Histomod lol.....but once it ran correctly with the latest version without crashing my testing install...it makes activating new mods soo much faster and saves time.

Thank you, Sir!  Initially I disliked the tool, but now I think it is invaluable.:):D

benitomuso

• SAS Team
  • P.A.L.
« Reply #89 on: March 31, 2012, 11:02:46 PM »

Thank you Tom.

The fact is that any of the methods we use for MODding are complicated to understand. Any of the previous systems you used were not easy at the beginning either, but you finally got accustomed to it.

If a neutral observer lists the pros and cons of traditional MODding, JSGME, or TotalMODder, I think that there would be a clear winner, but obviously for people who already have some system stabilized, being accustomed to it, could be a huge pro t don't make any transition.

I still have to release the last version 1.3. Soon I will do that.

Regards,
                          Pablo

It is not the easiest tool to deal with..if you have a franken-system and try to test Histomod lol.....but once it ran correctly with the latest version without crashing my testing install...it makes activating new mods soo much faster and saves time.

Thank you, Sir!  Initially I disliked the tool, but now I think it is invaluable.:):D

SAS~Tom2

• SAS Honourable Member
  • no sweat
« Reply #90 on: April 01, 2012, 09:29:21 AM »

Pablo, this tool is really genious in the way it activates mods. Thank you again and keep up the good work..

:)

Best Greets

Thorsten

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #91 on: April 09, 2012, 06:24:44 PM »

Hi Pablo

Thanks for a superb utility!  The organisation of mods and allocation of different profiles has already widened the scope of Il2 for me, playing with new setups.  The interface and layout quickly revealed a small number of duplicated files within my mod folder and tidied everything up.  Launching and performance are also improved.

I will be registering.

However, clumsy and inelegant as it is, JSGME has the advantage of being easier to use for Noobs, or people who play but don't like to mod anything complicated.  What I mean is that specific combinations altering the vital Air.INI and Stationary.INIs, for example, can be more easily implemented, tested, rolled-backed and then shared with Noobs through the use of JSGME.

Total MODder is a far better tool, superior in every way, except for the packaging of drop-in mod combinations, which is the strength of JSGME.  Total MODder is really for 'power users' if you like.

As a modded campaign builder should I just list mods used and let people get on with it?  Is there, or will there be, a way to export profiles or add pre-built mod-packages that will overwrite files and back them up, yet be easy to rollback when the installer forgets something or experiences a mod conflict? - and will we still have to use JSGME to test big mod-combos for conflicts?

In other words, while I love it and believe most users will adapt to Total MODder's greater range and efficiency, its going to be difficult to wean some players off JSGME and get them to dive in!  At the moment there is no shallow end, great if you swim, not so good if you have a party of Noobs in tow.  My words are not intended as criticism, just an impression that may be useful.  I shall continue practicing with Total MODder and learn all I can.

Simon(Monty27)

benitomuso

• SAS Team
  • P.A.L.
« Reply #92 on: April 09, 2012, 07:32:08 PM »

Monty,
                      thank you for your comments.

Basically the ones who like TotalMODder use it and love it, and the ones who never understood it would probably never prefer it. So it is not my bussines to make it popular. Perhaps if it had been received more enthusiatically I would have dedicated more time to expand it, but for the while the ones who use it (including myself) are quite comfortable with what it offers.

I don't consider the features you mention really useful. In first term, sending other users a file with the MODs required for something (like a Save As menu option let's say) will only save a list of Folders, but who knows if your friend or other user has all those MODs and all his (her?) folders are named like that. In fact you can just send a list very easily. Access the il2fbMODder.ini and go to the Profile you want and you will see many lines saying MODContentsXXX. You can just send that to a friend and you can synchronize what you have MODded if everything is in the same place and under the same name.
  For testing as you suggest, TotalMODder is already 100% more efficient than JSGME. You have a stable profile called DBW let's say.  Just click the "Add..." button, and it will copy your Profile to a new one inheriting all the previous content. Let's call it DBW-Experimental do whatever you want there add, remove, change... Something fails? You still have the DBW exactly like it was. What you mention is already very efficiently implemented.

I'm posting here like an RC the v1.3. Its main new features is that it has a RAM settings method exactly as the new Il-2 Selector of SAS-Storebror. Now the TotalMODder writes a DInput.dll which is different of the Storebror one and different from the Kegetys one, but allows you to change the RAM settings exactly as Storebror's one does. In fact, the 80% of the code is derived from the Public Domain Source Code that openly Mike Storebror published.

Here it's the look of the new EXE (and RAM) Selector:

The Readme has not been updated yet, so the last 1.2 version is included. Some minor extra features wera dded and a couple of bugs corrected.

Regards,
                                Pablo

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #93 on: April 10, 2012, 06:46:56 AM »

Pablo, I understand.  Its a different approach to JSGME and very much more tidy and kind to your hard drive.  The profile backup is the key feature I think.

Thank you for a very clear answer, which I have copy/pasted into my notes.  I shall continue to use Total MODder and continue to try new mods and write missions for them.

Tex-Twil

« Reply #94 on: May 21, 2012, 01:19:12 PM »

After using the tool I'm getting this when I start the game (which does not run). I have 4.10.1.

This happens even if I restore the original il2fb.exe

crazyflak

• Modder
  • Are your words prettier than silence?
« Reply #95 on: June 08, 2012, 04:46:24 PM »

v 1.2 works for me now ! Thnks a lot forthis. Too bad only the thing with the registratio cause i cannot donate...

Milantarik,
                   as it is explained in the program, the 85% is completely usable and free. I only reseved a couple of bonuses for those who feel like to donate some money for the intense work I did.

Cheers,
                  Pablo

Too late this night, but tomorrow you'll have news from my wallet! I finally took the time to pick up this little jewel... I was always too lazy to put order in my modding folders to accomodate this "total modder" tool (I expected it to be a complicated process, now I see how simple it really is). Now I realize that if I have spent that little extra time sooner, I would have saved lots of time while testing mods.

A beauty of engineenering! Thank you very much for it, Pablo  :)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 15   Go Up

Page created in 0.098 seconds with 26 queries.