Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: New MODding Tool: Total MODder V1.2 (Build 120.15 - Aug 29th)  (Read 59421 times)

slipper

• Modder
Re: New MODding Tool: Total MODder V1.2 (Build 120.15 - Aug 29th)
« Reply #96 on: June 08, 2012, 05:00:51 PM »

I have always fancied the look of this program, but i have been put off by a lack of understanding of how to add planes, vehicles, ships etc with this program, in which the air.ini, stationary.ini and similar files have to be edited.

I am happy adding mods normally to my #DBW folder, and by using jsgme, but what is the correct procedure for adding mods using total MODder when files in the STD folder (air.ini, stationary.ini, technics.ini, weapons_ru, plane_ru) also need editing depending on what mod you want loaded?

Any explanation on this greatfully appreciated

cheers

slipper

crazyflak

• Modder
  • Are your words prettier than silence?
« Reply #97 on: June 09, 2012, 02:43:55 AM »

I have no practice yet... but you add 'ini' lines the same way (manually), the difference is: once you have configured a profile, you can switch back and forth between different profiles without removing/adding anything. SO for a modder it is very convenient: you switch between several sets of mods and installs in 2/3 clicks and without having mods repeated all over hundreds of alternative "mods" folders (as I had until yesterday).

Anyway I won't know better until using, but I have to wait my activation code for the "configuration folder" feature.

slipper

• Modder
« Reply #98 on: June 09, 2012, 04:38:57 AM »

crazyflak, thanks for the reply mate.

So if i understand you correctly i could edit an air.ini for example to say, include all SCW aircraft then save this profile so that it only loads these particular aircraft?

What happens though when i have several differently edited air.ini's? where would they be kept when not in use? still in the STD folder? and wouldn't they all have to be given different names? if so how would the game recognise them?

understand you are learning aswell mate, would appreciate a walkthrough from someone who as added different sets of objects.

Might have to take the plunge to and order an activation code.

cheers mate

regards

slipper

crazyflak

• Modder
« Reply #99 on: June 09, 2012, 07:47:49 AM »

So if i understand you correctly i could edit an air.ini for example to say, include all SCW aircraft then save this profile so that it only loads these particular aircraft?

More than just that: specific stationary objects, specific ships etc.. and once saved, you can load and switch between profiles (with different inis etc) with just a mouse "click" ...

You need the FULL version of this application, though... which allows you to have a distinct "configuration folder" for each profile. Which means, yes, all 'ini's are kept separately and the application loads a separate set of "ini"s (and "conf" and almost anything, "ru"s and even rc.s) for each profile, so you can have a SCW profile, a WWII-PTO profile, a ETO profile, a Jet-era profile, etc... including special "test" profiles, you can switch back and forth between them with NO RISK to fuck up your install since nothing os overwritten anywhere. You have ALL MODS in a single BIG folder, and each "profile" tells the game which mods to read from that big common folder. So a huuuuuuuuge space saver as well.

Each time you "update" a given profile with new mods, you need to MANUALLY update the corresponding "ini" lines yourself, but just once, and afterwards you can switch between profiles without any hassle.

slipper

• Modder
« Reply #100 on: June 09, 2012, 09:27:21 AM »

Crazyflak

Thanks mate, i think you have convinced me, i'm going for the full version. Using jsgme at the moment which is good, but i like the fact no files are touched, and i can order the priority of files, plus smaller loading times for the mods.

cheers again mate

benitomuso

• SAS Team
  • P.A.L.
« Reply #101 on: June 09, 2012, 11:24:54 AM »

Crazyflak,
                   I don't have to add anything else to your description. It was completely detailed and very precise.

Once you got the logic of working with it is very straightforward and versatile.

Kind regards,
                            Pablo

RedSpade

• Thankful to all modders
« Reply #102 on: June 09, 2012, 08:16:10 PM »

This appears to be magnificent and very powerful tool.  If someone were to write a detail example of how they set up a profile, like a guide of how best to use it (best practices), I'm sure it would get wide spread acceptance. I'm new to this modding stuff and I get overwhelmed at times, because are so many options and variables.  I'm having a hard time getting my head around it.  A tutorial, like what was done with the FMB is what I am thinking.  Would that be possible?  That would be awesome. 

Thanks.

Tex-Twil

« Reply #103 on: June 10, 2012, 08:48:20 AM »

Hi,
I'm still getting troubles using this tool. I've created a profile with one activated mod but when I click "launch IL2", nothing happens. I am using a clean installation of IL2 4.10.1

benitomuso

• SAS Team
  • P.A.L.
« Reply #104 on: June 10, 2012, 09:22:22 AM »

This appears to be magnificent and very powerful tool.  If someone were to write a detail example of how they set up a profile, like a guide of how best to use it (best practices), I'm sure it would get wide spread acceptance. I'm new to this modding stuff and I get overwhelmed at times, because are so many options and variables.  I'm having a hard time getting my head around it.  A tutorial, like what was done with the FMB is what I am thinking.  Would that be possible?  That would be awesome. 

Thanks.

RedSpade,
                    have you seen the ReadeMe.pdf that I packaged with the MOD? Starting at the Page 10 or 12 (in Red in the index) there are the Step by Step lists on how to configure and make it working if you never used it.

I don't know if sometime you had to make the Documentation of a product (Software or whatever), but it is kind of frustrating. You can create a very detailed and wondefully explaining material, but the main problem is that people don't read it.

Please take a look at that.

Regards,
                       Pablo

Hi,
I'm still getting troubles using this tool. I've created a profile with one activated mod but when I click "launch IL2", nothing happens. I am using a clean installation of IL2 4.10.1

Tex-Twil, I think that you haven't read the same stuff I suggested to RedSpade. In those Step by Step mentioned you will undestand (and this is not a matter of my TOtalMODder but of any MODded game) that there are some basic contents you always need to make your "custom" MODding setting.

If you are usind DBW, you need all the basic stuff of DBW, that must appear as the last forlder in the right window. You should be possitive that it starts by itself. I mean: only that folder, you have to Activate Profile and check if the game starts. If so, you can start to add easily and very comfotably other MODs over it, bu you will always need that base that makes the game work.

I have already explained this in those Step by Step mentioned. Please refer to my coloured instructions.

Kind regards,
                               Pablo

benitomuso

• SAS Team
  • P.A.L.
« Reply #105 on: June 10, 2012, 09:30:33 AM »

In addition to the previous,

I think that it could be a good idea to create a Most Common Tasks (MCT) piece of Documentation, showing apart of the basic configuration explained in the ReadMe, how to perform different traditional activities, with screen captures, fully graphical.

I really don't have time nowadays for it. But if someone is interested on it and want to contribute, he will be credited as a collaborator and will receive a free Unlock Key for the program. Just contact me by PM if you are interested on this.

Regards,
                           Pablo

Tex-Twil

« Reply #106 on: June 10, 2012, 09:41:35 AM »

Tex-Twil, I think that you haven't read the same stuff I suggested to RedSpade. In those Step by Step mentioned you will undestand (and this is not a matter of my TOtalMODder but of any MODded game) that there are some basic contents you always need to make your "custom" MODding setting.

If you are usind DBW, you need all the basic stuff of DBW, that must appear as the last forlder in the right window. You should be possitive that it starts by itself. I mean: only that folder, you have to Activate Profile and check if the game starts. If so, you can start to add easily and very comfotably other MODs over it, bu you will always need that base that makes the game work.

I have already explained this in those Step by Step mentioned. Please refer to my coloured instructions.

Kind regards,
                               Pablo
Hi,
I'm not using DBW or any other mods. I'm looking for an easy way to enable just one mod that I made myself. The game doesn't start even if I do not activate any mods.

crazyflak

• Modder
« Reply #107 on: June 10, 2012, 09:53:13 AM »

Also, it happens to me very often to edit a "profile" and jump quickly to "launch IL2" to test and only once I already clicked I realize that I forgot to FIRST click the "ACTIVATE THIS PROFILE" key :P

It will take me still some practice to feel comfortable with this tool, but benefits are huuuuuge, only the fact that you can have all potential mods grouped in a single folder is GOLD to me. I will no longer confuse myself with hundreds of copies of the same mod all over the place and then wondering which one is the most up to date :P

I still have some trouble to handle the "configuration" folders... on first attempts I keep loading the basic DBW/STD content instead of the stuff in my configuration folder... but just a matter of more trial & error until I get it right. ;)

Tex@
read the readme.... you need to AT LEAST activate a basic #DBW folder otherwise the single mod you want to try does not have anything on top of which to work ;)  ... and don't forget the "activate profile" click
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 15   Go Up

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 25 queries.