Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bloch MB152 Collection  (Read 39269 times)

Rudi_Jaeger

Re: Bloch MB152 Collection
« Reply #96 on: November 10, 2012, 06:30:09 PM »

Has anything happened as to the development of this aircraft?

Since I started this thread, I guess I should reply, until someone has a more informed answer.

If you are referring to the new model, I think it's still being worked on, but there may be some other projects ahead of it (?). I've never been privy to the model, so naturally I'm not able to build any 'tailored' templates or skins for it. Been too busy lately with RL stuff anyway.

Perhaps Ranwers can chime in with more details on the new model, but I'm sure he has his hands full with other things. From my experience it's best just to be patient, and let these guys do what they do, within their personal time constraints. Some of us are fully retired and can do this stuff on a daily basis, but many of us have day jobs and family time to juggle; so sometimes it might take a while to release a project, but eventually it happens. Over the years I've seen far more projects released, than I've seen abandoned, so keep the faith :) ..and thanks for your interest; I've always thought the Bloch would be a nice addition for those BoF scenarios, so I fully understand your anticipation. Cheers! ~ Rudi

mojojojo

• the only guy who uses the wildcat in multiplayer
« Reply #97 on: December 01, 2012, 06:55:02 AM »

do these skins fit rawners' new model?
i7 4790K quad core 4.4GHz/8GB DDR3-1600/ASUS Z87-A/ EVGA GTX 970 4GB/128GB A-Data SSD+1TB HDD/EVGA 650w 80+ gold PSU/ NZXT Source 530 gaming case

ggrewe

« Reply #98 on: December 01, 2012, 09:42:35 AM »

Good news is that they do fit – although roundels are a bit far out on the wings – but great skins  ;)

cgagan

• SAS Team
« Reply #99 on: December 01, 2012, 09:44:51 AM »

Great skins indeed!

Rudi_Jaeger

« Reply #100 on: December 01, 2012, 07:00:46 PM »

Thanks mates, I appreciate your compliments; but actually they don't fit.. well not in external view anyway. To see what I mean, fly one of my skins on the Ki-100, and zoom-in to view the mapping; all the panel lines, markings, cammo patterns.. everything, is aligned at the seams of the model. Whereas the same skin on the new model will exhibit several flaws, and I would never release a skin in such condition... not if I'm sober anyway; and probably not after having a few either :)

So the only proper fix IMO, is a new template, built from the ground up, to precisely match the contours of the new model. Simply chopping up my existing skins is really not an option, not for quality work anyway; there's well over a hundred layers involved in each skin, so even if a match could be achieved for one layer-set, there will be at least 99 other ones out of alignment.

I won't promise anything, but once my RL commitments/work settle down a bit, I might have a look at doing some skins for the Ranwers version. It would take some time though; I'm not into those "in by nine, out by five" jobs. If I'm going to build a template, it's going to be a proper one, and that means well over a month of working just about every evening, after I get home from my real job. Too bad I can't skin at my workplace, but that wouldn't go over too well.

Of course, Ranwers just released a mapping schematic, https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,30609.msg322910.html#new , so perhaps someone else will build a new template. Be nice to see some properly fitted skins for this one.

Cheers! ~ Rudi

Maico

• Knight Knee Dragger
« Reply #101 on: December 07, 2012, 03:58:45 AM »

Rudi:
  I really aprecite your work and have nothing but respect for it.  You have put me in IL2 scenerios from the MTO to the Korean war. 
I thinks the skins your made for the K-100 are outstanding.  I faked a few scenerios with this and wow it was fun. 
  However, with this new model the skins are close....  No, not perfect but close enough for now.  Last night I took some time and got rid
of the two dark spots that apear above and behind the pilots head.  It took about 1 1/2 hours with photo shop to do it.  The commo dont
line up on top and no, its not perfect but it will do for now.  Of course, these are just for personal use.
  To be honest, I beleive you have bigger fish to fry.  I became a father this year so I know how it is. 
Anyone can use these now with a little tweaking. 

Rudi_Jaeger

« Reply #102 on: December 07, 2012, 10:47:37 AM »

Thanks Maico! :)

I doubt that any IL2 contributor ever plans to get rich from their endeavors, so comments like yours are much appreciated.. makes it worth the effort. If I ever get around to making some new MB-152 skins, I'll be sure you get the first download.

Congratulations on becoming a father; I'll bet you are indeed a busy man.

All the best! ~ Rudi.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9]   Go Up

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 25 queries.