Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Late Corsairs SAS Repack V2 update!  (Read 65267 times)

Griffon_301

• SAS Team
Re: Late Corsairs SAS Repack V2 update!
« Reply #72 on: July 14, 2021, 12:22:31 PM »

why 1940? because your plane.properties say so; if you want to change that, just do it as you change any other ini or properties entries;

the pink plane comes from your game that is not handling HD skins properly; as this mod comes from "another" site that uses modded dll files of their own for several of their planes, you either have to use those, live with the pink Corsairs or dont use them at all...

...which probably might be no bad idea at all as those new late Corsairs are not 100% compatible with BAT and I guess UP as well... I have them adapted for BAT and running in my modded game and have not seen any problems so far, but for inexperienced mod users, I strongly advise against using mods whose classfiles clash with the ones, already in the game...

finally, if you really need to use those Corsairs, there is a new FM available at aviaskins which is very nice but introduces a nasty snag on the F-4U4 that should not be there as this problem was solved already when the -1A was fully developed and the -1D had come online finally....

Vasya

« Reply #73 on: July 16, 2021, 10:13:05 AM »

why 1940? because your plane.properties say so; if you want to change that, just do it as you change any other ini or properties entries;

the pink plane comes from your game that is not handling HD skins properly; as this mod comes from "another" site that uses modded dll files of their own for several of their planes, you either have to use those, live with the pink Corsairs or dont use them at all...

...which probably might be no bad idea at all as those new late Corsairs are not 100% compatible with BAT and I guess UP as well... I have them adapted for BAT and running in my modded game and have not seen any problems so far, but for inexperienced mod users, I strongly advise against using mods whose classfiles clash with the ones, already in the game...

finally, if you really need to use those Corsairs, there is a new FM available at aviaskins which is very nice but introduces a nasty snag on the F-4U4 that should not be there as this problem was solved already when the -1A was fully developed and the -1D had come online finally....
What's the problem with the F-4U4 ???

Griffon_301

• SAS Team
« Reply #74 on: July 16, 2021, 11:19:27 AM »

It suddenly roles to port when you are decelerating to lower gear, hook and flaps, happens at around 170mph... Outside view confirms that neither aileron, nor rudder are moved and if you are below 1000 ft (quite usual when landing on a carrier), I did not manage to prevent a crash, the autopilot can bring back the Corsair to level flight but is hard pressed to do so below 1000 ft either...it's strange as only the -4 shows this behaviour...all other late Corsairs are fine...
Your modified FM is great Vasya and can live with that problem...it only happens once btw, once the autopilot has saved my virtual me and the Corsair, you can land normally, FM lets you land great at speeds as low as 95mph... It's just this one snag which I cannot trace where it comes from...

Vasya

« Reply #75 on: July 16, 2021, 01:41:21 PM »

It suddenly roles to port when you are decelerating to lower gear, hook and flaps, happens at around 170mph... Outside view confirms that neither aileron, nor rudder are moved and if you are below 1000 ft (quite usual when landing on a carrier), I did not manage to prevent a crash, the autopilot can bring back the Corsair to level flight but is hard pressed to do so below 1000 ft either...it's strange as only the -4 shows this behaviour...all other late Corsairs are fine...
Your modified FM is great Vasya and can live with that problem...it only happens once btw, once the autopilot has saved my virtual me and the Corsair, you can land normally, FM lets you land great at speeds as low as 95mph... It's just this one snag which I cannot trace where it comes from...
I ran the tests again and found nothing suspicious.
On landing, I lower the propeller pitch to 50 and use the elevator trim - 20-25 divisions / clicks.
With full refueling on the glide path, the high vertical speed of the aircraft, as in real life, just as the heavy engine pulls the aircraft down.
Landing thrust 28-35 percent
The touch speed is about 150 km. at one o'clock.
The airplane trims as in the newsreel, if the speed is above 160 km. at one o'clock.
It is very difficult to model a wing patch in Ilovsky FM.
Please try!
( Ще раз провів тести - нічого підозрілого не виявив.
На посадці я знижую крок гвинта до 50 і користуюся тримерами керма висоти - 20-25 поділів / натискань.
З повною заправкою на глиссаді велика вертикальна швидкість літака як і в реалі, також важкий двигун тягне літак донизу.
Тяга на посадці 28-35 проц.
Швидкість торкання - близько 150 км. на годину.
Літак підскакує як і на кінохроніці, якщо швидкість буде вище 160 км. на годину.
Змоделювати накладку на крило в Іловській фм дуже важко.
Пробуйте, будь ласка! )
https://drive.google.com/file/d/182hVlRJvPfWcXUIJp25_5r96ITwjyHEh/view?usp=sharing

Griffon_301

• SAS Team
« Reply #76 on: July 16, 2021, 02:35:17 PM »

as said, I highly rate your FM and I do not know where this wing drop comes from; It is happening on no other Corsair, just on the F4U-4 and I have tried to replicate it on the other Corsairs as well;
I know how to put them down on the Carriers, I can land any of them, the -4 is just the hardest by a margin. I might do a ntrk and post that so you can see whats happening and what I mean...
but it is really only a minor problem here...the -4 Corsair flies great otherwise and you really feel the additional horsepower it has and I also guess you made the elevator and ailerons a touch lighter as the -1A and -1D?

Vasya

« Reply #77 on: July 16, 2021, 02:46:04 PM »

as said, I highly rate your FM and I do not know where this wing drop comes from; It is happening on no other Corsair, just on the F4U-4 and I have tried to replicate it on the other Corsairs as well;
I know how to put them down on the Carriers, I can land any of them, the -4 is just the hardest by a margin. I might do a ntrk and post that so you can see whats happening and what I mean...
but it is really only a minor problem here...the -4 Corsair flies great otherwise and you really feel the additional horsepower it has and I also guess you made the elevator and ailerons a touch lighter as the -1A and -1D?
I have nothing extraordinary or unexpected in patch 4.12.2 with a four. Everything is within the normal range.
I would like to see a video recording with a problem.

Griffon_301

• SAS Team
« Reply #78 on: July 16, 2021, 03:11:26 PM »

I added your FM now which you have posted and tried three different carrier landing scenarios with the -4 and could not replicate the problem ... I will try and use the older FM tomorrow and see if the problem creeps back up again...

now all that the late Corsair family would need to be really nearly perfect is the radar screen for the -5(N);

Vasya, thanks for the FM, it is really very well done and the late Corsairs are a joy to fly...

Knochenlutscher

• Flying Ass Clown #10
  • Modder
  • aka Segfej
« Reply #79 on: October 02, 2021, 04:45:51 PM »

Anybody else getting the wrong Texture mapping on 101tfs' AU-1 new 3-D?
when viewed ingame or in Sknil.exe

Hope it can be fixed
Wiseman : "Did you speak the exact words?" Ash : "Look, maybe I didn't say every single little tiny syllable, no. But basically I said them, yeah."

Vampire_pilot

« Reply #80 on: October 03, 2021, 01:39:51 AM »

Uhm, not knowing the particulars, but 101tfs usually imports from Word of Warplanes or some such. That means, unless someone spends another life time of work, the mapping will be inherently different and never compatible.
That is one thing that keeps me away from many of the "improved 3d" models, particularity popular planes with hundreds of skins available, they'd be useless.

Knochenlutscher

• Flying Ass Clown #10
  • Modder
  • aka Segfej
« Reply #81 on: October 03, 2021, 02:59:27 AM »

Yeah, dunno,

Just that there's a Texture glitch, at AU-1.

alright then, Thanks for the Info
Wiseman : "Did you speak the exact words?" Ash : "Look, maybe I didn't say every single little tiny syllable, no. But basically I said them, yeah."

Ta183Huckebein

• FAC #17
  • Modder
  • aka "Raven"
« Reply #82 on: October 08, 2022, 06:07:45 AM »

Bit of an odd question, but is there a way to delete the radar pod from the F4U-5N's wing (like a line/section of the heir file that'd need to be deleted)?

Reason I ask is because the -5N was used by Honduras, and while they clearly used -5Ns, the radar pod was quite clearly removed in most pictures I've seen of them taken from the early 60s on.

Just wondering

Epervier

• 4.09 Guardian Angel !
  • SAS Team
  • I'm French and Rebel_409! Nobody is perfect!
    • Some tinkering here
« Reply #83 on: October 08, 2022, 08:18:10 AM »

Bit of an odd question, but is there a way to delete the radar pod from the F4U-5N's wing (like a line/section of the heir file that'd need to be deleted)?
Open hier.him with text editor (Notepad).
Search [radar] tab.
Change to :
//[radar]
//Mesh radar
//Parent WingROut_D0
//Separable
//Attaching 0 1 0 -1 0 0 0 0 1 1.87 0.6 0.27

If your results do not live up to your expectations, tell yourself that the great oak was once an acorn too. - Lao Zi -
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 28 queries.