Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 17   Go Down

Author Topic: Mod Wheels V.5  (Read 75955 times)

PA_Jeronimo

• SAS Honourable Member
  • I like curves
Re: Mod Wheels V.5
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2012, 02:00:55 AM »

At the request of Warhawk, and thanks to their invaluable collaboration, add the IK-3 model, updated the main post.

warhawk

« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2012, 02:24:23 AM »

Collaboration? More like my constant ranting for the minor adjustments...  ::)
Anyway, glad to see it released XD

PA_Willy

« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2012, 02:36:37 AM »

Thank you again mate. Downloaded.

PA_Jeronimo

• SAS Honourable Member
  • I like curves
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2012, 02:41:15 AM »

Collaboration? More like my constant ranting for the minor adjustments...  ::)
Anyway, glad to see it released XD

It is true, Colaboration is not the right word, it was you who has done most of the work, I have only followed his advice, thanks again.

bestekampfpilot58

« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2012, 09:40:50 AM »

Hey Guys...

I'm sorry to say that I just have had NO luck with this mod! I have installed it
several times with my Il2 4.101m installation, and zip!, nothing happens! I did
install the textures that I found here yesterday, and still had no response.  :(

I installed the textures, then when I started il2, some p51 engine sounds, inside
the cockpit engine sounds were missing? Are these two events related?, I have
no idea!  :o Any feedback would be appreciated!  :)
Thank you!
Horrido!

PA_Jeronimo

• SAS Honourable Member
  • I like curves
« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2012, 12:40:59 PM »

Hey Guys...

I'm sorry to say that I just have had NO luck with this mod! I have installed it
several times with my Il2 4.101m installation, and zip!, nothing happens! I did
install the textures that I found here yesterday, and still had no response.  :(

I installed the textures, then when I started il2, some p51 engine sounds, inside
the cockpit engine sounds were missing? Are these two events related?, I have
no idea!  :o Any feedback would be appreciated!  :)
Thank you!
Horrido!

Hi bestekampfpilot, sorry have not had luck with this Mod I would like to help you, for it would need to explain to me on that facility (UP, DBW, HSFX ...) and installed it as it has done.
 Personally I have it in several facilities and I have no problem.
 Is it possible that you extracted directly from the folder MODS or similar? if so does not work.
 When you see that you are receiving unzip a folder called "Mod Wheels V.5", if it comes into that folder you will see are these other

This folder "Mod Wheels V.5" if you have to install in your MODS folder or similar, the others are optional, you do not add any folder Textures, is included in the Mod, I just check downloading it.

As for sounds in the cockpit disappear, does not have to happen There are currently no audio file, or to interfere in it, is very strange.

Regards, Jero.

warhawk

« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2012, 01:17:22 PM »

It is true, Colaboration is not the right word, it was you who has done most of the work, I have only followed his advice, thanks again.

No, it is a collaboration, you just misunderstood me!  ;D
I mean I bored you to death with my "could you just do one more thing... and this one... and this one..."
Your part of work is essential.
Without your help I finally understood how to make textures

Cheers!

Spinnetti

« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2012, 07:54:18 PM »

Ok, I'm stumped.

I have the current DBW, 4.11 mod and HSFX

I had the original wheel mod and it worked fine.
I dropped the folder in the DBW folder in that install and the mods folder on 4.11
4.11 works as expected
DBW install simply doesn't work. I put at at the top to load first, double checked it, redownloaded and reinstalled - nothing
All my other mods work fine, but I'm not seeing the changes in DBW. My test plane is the P40B. Looks good in 4.11, blocky wheels in DBW.

Thoughts?

woofiedog

« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2012, 10:30:04 PM »

Fantastic work and it really gives a new smart look the the aircraft... Thank's.

PA_Jeronimo

• SAS Honourable Member
  • I like curves
« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2012, 12:20:50 AM »

Ok, I'm stumped.

I have the current DBW, 4.11 mod and HSFX

I had the original wheel mod and it worked fine.
I dropped the folder in the DBW folder in that install and the mods folder on 4.11
4.11 works as expected
DBW install simply doesn't work. I put at at the top to load first, double checked it, redownloaded and reinstalled - nothing
All my other mods work fine, but I'm not seeing the changes in DBW. My test plane is the P40B. Looks good in 4.11, blocky wheels in DBW.

Thoughts?

Hi Spinnetti, strange, I have it in DBW and I work well, the only thing I can think is that you have another mod interfering, try renaming the MOD folder before adding "0_" (without the quotes obviously).
Anyway would appreciate me explain a little more like you have it installed.

Regards, Jero.

Rudi_Jaeger

« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2012, 09:20:21 AM »

Thanks Jero and all for compiling this enhancement to Barnesy's original; this entire (no pun intended) series has vastly improved the chunky appearance of the defaults.

Although I'm curious if the Avia B-534's wheels could be made to only display the 3D of the tires, and allow the actual skin's textures to display over it? As it is, I had to remove the Avia folders from the wheel mod in order to allow display of the correct hub colors and tread pattern for whatever skin I've selected. Avia's were painted in a variety of colors besides OD green, so the mod's OD hubs look a bit out of place on some of them; especially in cases where squadron colors or cammo patterns should be applied to the wheel hubs.

I have not tried them, but I imagine other aircraft that wear their gear externally might have the same issue. Just wondering if there's a workaround, besides removing the affected aircraft folder from the mod and going back to it's default wheels? Thanks for any info.

PA_Jeronimo

• SAS Honourable Member
  • I like curves
« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2012, 10:41:31 AM »

Thanks Jero and all for compiling this enhancement to Barnesy's original; this entire (no pun intended) series has vastly improved the chunky appearance of the defaults.

Although I'm curious if the Avia B-534's wheels could be made to only display the 3D of the tires, and allow the actual skin's textures to display over it? As it is, I had to remove the Avia folders from the wheel mod in order to allow display of the correct hub colors and tread pattern for whatever skin I've selected. Avia's were painted in a variety of colors besides OD green, so the mod's OD hubs look a bit out of place on some of them; especially in cases where squadron colors or cammo patterns should be applied to the wheel hubs.

I have not tried them, but I imagine other aircraft that wear their gear externally might have the same issue. Just wondering if there's a workaround, besides removing the affected aircraft folder from the mod and going back to it's default wheels? Thanks for any info.

Hi Rudi_Jaeger, i could not do, keep trying, the problem is not assigned in the new 3ds Max 3D model in place for the skin, not if I explain, but it is something that I had in mind.

Regards, Jero.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 17   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 25 queries.