Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 17   Go Down

Author Topic: Mod Wheels V.5  (Read 75968 times)

MANYSH

• Modder
  • Shit happend !
Re: Mod Wheels V.5
« Reply #96 on: July 27, 2012, 02:27:48 AM »

http://i48.tinypic.com/1e59w8.jpg

Sorry for quoting image, but the same problem I have with A1H, can you check please
UP3RC4

PA_Jeronimo

• SAS Honourable Member
  • I like curves
« Reply #97 on: July 27, 2012, 11:03:56 AM »

Sorry for quoting image, but the same problem I have with A1H, can you check please
UP3RC4

Solved, add patch in the first post, thanks for advertisement Manysh and sorry for the inconvenience.

Jero.

JG54Spookie

• Modder
« Reply #98 on: July 27, 2012, 04:24:52 PM »

You read the thought? :o

I took a couple of days with the same idea in your head, because if I am not mistaken it is possible, and to that I meant when I said in the previous post wanted to do an overhaul of the Mod.

I've been thinking to keep tires of the Mod and maybe inner face of the disc, because they have better definition than the ones that come in the skins, the outer face, depending on the model of the skin or of the Mod would generic for that model.

I'll have that do some test. Already tell you.  ;)

Jero.

I sort of wondered if that was where you were going next. ;)

I hope your testing goes well (fingers crossed for luck...)

PA_Jeronimo

• SAS Honourable Member
  • I like curves
« Reply #99 on: July 28, 2012, 08:45:46 AM »

Well, I have taken the test and I think successfully. :)

In this first image the wheels are the main 3D model of the Mod Wheel, but the textures of the Skin

In the second image you can see a new 3D model and textures combined front disk of Skin and tyres and rear disc of the Mod Wheel.

That if you will take some work to review the entire Mod :(

Regards, Jero.

barnesy12

• Enthusiast!
« Reply #100 on: July 28, 2012, 09:26:12 AM »

what an improvement jero just excellent!!! :o

Ass Eagle

« Reply #101 on: July 28, 2012, 11:31:43 AM »

Hello!

Brilliant mod here, I have used it and love it. More Historically accurate!

Question though, and my appologies for o/t, but,
how do I say.. change the colour of my Me109G-10 main wheels to red? To better reflect the use
of some G-10's that used C3/100 octane fuel? Many thanks in advance! =)

JG54Spookie

• Modder
« Reply #102 on: July 29, 2012, 12:43:34 AM »

You newest wheels are way better than anything I dreamed of.  :o

Jeronimo, you are my new hero  8)

JG54Spookie

• Modder
« Reply #103 on: July 29, 2012, 12:57:34 AM »

Hello!

Brilliant mod here, I have used it and love it. More Historically accurate!

Question though, and my appologies for o/t, but,
how do I say.. change the colour of my Me109G-10 main wheels to red? To better reflect the use
of some G-10's that used C3/100 octane fuel? Many thanks in advance! =)

Ice Eagle, the texture file that the G-10 uses is called "skin1ok1.TGA" (located in the TEXTURES folder within the wheel mod). However, I should warn you that other late war 109s use the same texture file for their wheels. My suggestion is this: copy skin1ok1, rename it to whatever you want (something like skin1ok1red ?), and edit the image to have red wheels. Next (this is important) find the Bf-109G-10 folder within the wheel mod and open the file named "gear2.MAT" with wordpad or something similar. In it you will see a line that says "texture name..." so just put in the name of your new texture file that you just made, and you'll have red wheels on the G-10. Also it wouldn't hurt to back up the original "gear2", and you'll have to put your edited one in the other G-10 variants (Erla, etc) folders if you want those to have red wheels too.

Ass Eagle

« Reply #104 on: July 29, 2012, 01:54:33 AM »

Thanks! But, the G-10 no longer shows in QMB. For some reason it saves as 264kb instead of 1mb file. Maybe thats the problem?
restore with my back up and all is good. If you could try for me, greatly appreciated.. I'm DBW 1.71

JG54Spookie

• Modder
« Reply #105 on: July 29, 2012, 10:34:52 PM »

I can modify the texture file for you, however I think I may have made a mistake Ice Eagle. The directions I told you don't appear to be correct. The texture that the G-10 MAT file points to is apparently not the one used for the wheel hub. I think it's loading the "wheels_late" texture, but that would mean you'd have to edit a different MAT file (I think it was called wheeldisc or something in the old mod). The trouble is, I don't seem to have that file in this mod. Also, it isn't in my ultimate 109 folders either, yet something is telling the game to load the other texture file  ???

Sorry Ice Eagle. I usually don't post a solution to a problem unless I'm sure it works, but I should've verified what the hell I was saying. So, I have to appeal to Jeronimo, or at least someone more competent than myself for this one  :P

Ass Eagle

« Reply #106 on: July 29, 2012, 11:39:27 PM »

No problem, I found the solution.. but thanks for pointing me in the correct direction!

PA_Jeronimo

• SAS Honourable Member
  • I like curves
« Reply #107 on: July 30, 2012, 01:47:06 AM »

I can modify the texture file for you, however I think I may have made a mistake Ice Eagle. The directions I told you don't appear to be correct. The texture that the G-10 MAT file points to is apparently not the one used for the wheel hub. I think it's loading the "wheels_late" texture, but that would mean you'd have to edit a different MAT file (I think it was called wheeldisc or something in the old mod). The trouble is, I don't seem to have that file in this mod. Also, it isn't in my ultimate 109 folders either, yet something is telling the game to load the other texture file  ???

Sorry Ice Eagle. I usually don't post a solution to a problem unless I'm sure it works, but I should've verified what the hell I was saying. So, I have to appeal to Jeronimo, or at least someone more competent than myself for this one  :P

In the 109 Mod only have changed the tail wheel, main gear wheels and came with improved, but you can add and modify a texture model as I said Spookie, if you need anything let me know.

Jero.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 17   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 25 queries.