Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: HSFX 6.0 Bugs  (Read 34167 times)

WindWpn

• Modder
Re: HSFX 6.0 Bugs
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2012, 10:21:17 AM »

Not sure if this is a HSFX bug or not, but seem to run out of gun/cannon rounds early when engaged in combat.  Flew a number of different planes and I know the Spit Ib with 20mm is prone to jamming while shooting in a turn, but I seem to be seeing this in every plane I have flown in QMB recently.  Note, I do have Tigers sound mod activated as well as Gurners FX, so it may not be an issue with vanilla HSFX 6.  Though, I want to put this out there, to see if anyone has had similar experience. 

Note, when I first air spawn in, I can fire off the entire set of rounds, however, its only when I get into combat that the guns seem to "jam" though with no message or warning other than they simply do not work, both mg and cannons.  Perhaps its a HSFX feature?

DD_BadAim

« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2012, 03:17:19 PM »

Just a note for those who are having QMB lock up when you switch to vanilla 4.11. If you've been flying a non-stock plane in HSFX mode, the game will try to open that last mission in 4.11 mode and the "foreign" plane is what causes the lockup (This seems to be a 4.11 issue). This is why deleting last.quick fixes the problem. I just have a mission with only stock planes saved, and load that when I'm finished with QMB, just in case I want to open the game in 4.11 next time. (of course I usually forget to actually do it, but I figured someone here might actually be able to use the tip)

vse2008

« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2012, 10:09:55 AM »

AI-fired RS82 rockets have a bug.

They blow up prematurely, as if the rocket delay is set to 1 second or less.
So when AI controled aircraft fires a salvo at, say, a vehicle column, usually only the last rocket pair gets to the ground and does damage, while other rockets just leave puffs of smoke above the target where they explode in air.

Player fired rockets behave OK.

RS132, all BRS, and M13 rockets behave fine both for AI and player.

In stock 4.11.1 there is no problem.
With HSFX 6 the bug is there, both in Standard, Expert, and Advanced barrage version.

242Sqn_Cat

« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2012, 03:51:37 AM »

AI-fired RS82 rockets have a bug.

They blow up prematurely, as if the rocket delay is set to 1 second or less.
So when AI controled aircraft fires a salvo at, say, a vehicle column, usually only the last rocket pair gets to the ground and does damage, while other rockets just leave puffs of smoke above the target where they explode in air.

I'm not seeing this quite the same. I tested with an I-16 Type 24 and 6x RS-82 using the same mission, both in Stock and HSFX Expert mode, and the rockets explode at the same distance from the firing aircraft in both cases. And in both cases none of the first salvos hit the target, but explode well short while still in the air. The 'bug', as I see it, is that the AI are firing rockets much too early, and this is from the stock game rather than HSFX. It needs looking at, but probably by TD.
:cheers:

vse2008

« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2012, 06:34:52 AM »

Hm... My mistake then on that part, then. I was probably just too tired at the point and missed something.

Strange it happens only with RS-82, anyway.

In any case, thanks for your testing and reply!

242Sqn_Cat

« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2012, 07:17:21 AM »

Hm... My mistake then on that part, then. I was probably just too tired at the point and missed something.

Strange it happens only with RS-82, anyway.

In any case, thanks for your testing and reply!

It's been confirmed that HSFX doesn't alter the rocket fuse settings, they are indeed the same as stock. Something for TD, definitely.

Edit: I just ran the same mission using 4.10.1 Stock, and there is a clear difference between the release point of the rockets. The 4.11.1 aircraft are firing them from much higher and further away, so I definitely suspect the new AI routines.

:cheers:

benitomuso

• SAS Team
  • P.A.L.
HSFX6 B-29 Cockpit
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2012, 06:48:27 AM »

Does anybody know who is the author of the new wonderful B-29 cockpit which is present in HSFX6?

The plane now is very enjoyable, but it has a couple of weird things. It is close to be perfect.

Thanks.

CharlieChap

• SAS Honourable Member
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2012, 08:33:59 AM »

Sven Groetsch aka "Kami_1"   made the model  in max and textured it.
It was originaly made for PF.

I exported it and did everything necessary to get it from a Max model to a working cockpit ingame.

(Kami lost everything in a PC crash a few years ago and it was all thought lost. Fortunately the Cockpit Max file & textures were found buried in an archive elsewhere, unfortunately the gunner positions which he made were not with it :-( ...)

SU-MEDAL

« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2012, 03:27:54 PM »

Bf109G-6 Elra/Mid , G-10 C3  Loadout error  can't select Mk108Gunpods.

stugumby

« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2012, 03:50:34 PM »

Fw-200 when using hs 193 missiles both fire at same time.

western0221

• Modder
  • Live in Japan
    • IL-2 itaki blog
Re: HSFX 6.0.1 Bugs
« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2012, 11:07:44 AM »

At HSFX 6.0.1

Fw190 series's "Lock Tail wheel" doesn't work.

The message "Lock tail wheel" is shown up in HUD,
but the tail wheel is still unlocked.

kukulo

« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2012, 01:43:21 PM »

It is not bug it is a future.

Pull stick back and use more throttle. Wheel will be locked. Pull stick forward and wheel will be unlocked. It is modeled according to real "Wulf".
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 10   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 25 queries.