Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 [39] 40   Go Down

Author Topic: WIP D.520  (Read 144769 times)

RealDarko

• Modder
Re: WIP D.520
« Reply #456 on: March 01, 2013, 06:48:51 AM »

Wondering If the delay means that this plane will be included into a official patch. Even without cockpit the plane can be so useful!!

Batbomb

• Modder
« Reply #457 on: March 01, 2013, 08:59:33 AM »

From what I've heard, people refused to include it in an official patch. It does not fulfill the quality standard of DT, which isn't measured in beauty, which this plane certainly is, but in polycount, wether it is compatible with computers that fulfill the system requirements of Il-2 1946, if it is done like all other official Il-2 aircraft etc etc. the list is long.

Back in the AAA days I read that they said it would be easier to start this thing again from scratch, than to convert it to patch standard... :/

cgagan

• SAS Team
« Reply #458 on: March 01, 2013, 09:26:02 AM »

This is a project by Claymore, and judging from the quality of his FW190 pack, I am sure the quality of his Dewoitine will be equal if not superior to DT standards...

Batbomb

• Modder
« Reply #459 on: March 01, 2013, 09:30:17 AM »

This is the problem. It may be superior, it surely is, but due to it's higher polycount etc. it doesn't fall into their standards (I guess). The list of requirements for a DT mod is so high that you most likely only have a chance when you work with them since the beginning. Superior mods would ruin the system requirements of Il-2 and that would be unfair for installers of the patches who have an ancient game on an ancient computer. That is the main reason I guess. Another point is, that you aren't allowed to take ANYTHING from another plane (like say a pard of code etc.) That is also the reason for many mods, not to be included.

agracier

• Modder
    • The Great War in a Different Light
« Reply #460 on: March 01, 2013, 09:39:15 AM »

that would be unfair for installers of the patches who have an ancient game on an ancient computer.

Well, if we had to worry about that, then we'd all still be playing Pong or maybe Pacman at best ...

Anyway, modders should stick to their own standards, whatever they choose them to be.

Oscarito

« Reply #461 on: March 01, 2013, 09:56:55 AM »

Should I consider these recent comments as Bad News?
So, I'm really worried because the D.520 is one the most expected plane by me... :(
v4.12+MA 5.3 - Win 7

agracier

• Modder
    • The Great War in a Different Light
« Reply #462 on: March 01, 2013, 09:59:10 AM »

Should I consider these recent comments as Bad News?
So, I'm really worried because the D.520 is one the most expected plane by me... :(

Never worry, never expect ... just see what comes and be delighted when it does ...

SYN_Per

• Modder
« Reply #463 on: March 01, 2013, 11:55:55 PM »

This is a project by Claymore, and judging from the quality of his FW190 pack, I am sure the quality of his Dewoitine will be equal if not superior to DT standards...

Not entirely true mate...
Things could be said about that, but I will not.
Hope he finish it some day.

cgagan

• SAS Team
« Reply #464 on: March 02, 2013, 12:56:40 AM »

SYN_Per, sorry mate, I completeley forgot that the project was generated by you, but, it's been a long time... :-[

Mick

• Modder
« Reply #465 on: March 02, 2013, 01:34:33 AM »

.. you are right, and Clay has several times publically stated that the D520 was originally SYN_Per's project and that it is with his consent that he took over ...

The project was put aside some time ago simply because Clay needed a break after 2 and a half years devoted to his FW190/Ta152 project, but he's been back to business recently with the help of Cromhunt for the cockpit 3D part, so all is well ...  ;)

Whiskey_Sierra_972

• Modder
  • In memory of my beloved hero: Saburo SAKAI!
« Reply #466 on: March 02, 2013, 06:49:56 AM »

Great news!

Finger crossed for the next....'two weeks'!

:)

I also hope to see some early french twins in the future!

MatoKKK

« Reply #467 on: March 02, 2013, 10:27:53 AM »

This is the problem. It may be superior, it surely is, but due to it's higher polycount etc. it doesn't fall into their standards (I guess). The list of requirements for a DT mod is so high that you most likely only have a chance when you work with them since the beginning. Superior mods would ruin the system requirements of Il-2 and that would be unfair for installers of the patches who have an ancient game on an ancient computer. That is the main reason I guess. Another point is, that you aren't allowed to take ANYTHING from another plane (like say a pard of code etc.) That is also the reason for many mods, not to be included.

Hello,

1. The above is not true. You do not need to work directly with DT to understand the IL-2 tech. standards. But normally you must have some previous modelling experience. If you don't, you will make mistakes which are difficult and time consuming to correct and often it is easier to start the model from scratch. This was DT's suggestion for the D.520 model with an offer to guide the modeller through the process. As for the polycount, DT has no problems with higher detail models (+ 30-40%), if they are well made and the details are properly used. This can be observed on the upcoming He-177 model.

2. As for D.520, one of the DT members has started a new model from scratch couple months ago. The model is not far from finalization. Claymore is involved as well. I hope, this is good news for you.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 [39] 40   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 24 queries.