Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: F-104 Starfighter  (Read 45191 times)

bomberkiller

• Treffen sich zwei Jäger...!
  • Modder
  • Bf-109G-6/R6 = Bomber Killer
Re: F-104 Starfighter
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2012, 01:15:57 PM »

The Very first Sonic Boom I ever heard was from a StarFighter I think I was about 5 or 6 yrs old

Hi BFT,

the same for me...!
FAC N° 9 ...cheers mein Schatz

BravoFxTrt

• "BIGFOOT"
  • Modder
  • Flying Ass Clown #13
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2012, 02:21:05 PM »

Thats cool Gerhard, When I was stationed at Luke AFB in AZ there was a German F-104 Training Squad. there, those German Pilots used to throw the most awesome October Fests Ive ever been to. Damn what a good time had by all who participated, especially ME. ;D 8)
MSI R9 280X 6GB x2/Crossfire /ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 Mobo/AMD FX 4170 Bulldozer 4core CPU/RAM Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB/ Corsair RM 1000WATT PSU/Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit

SAS~GJE52

• Editor
  • Orchard Studios
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2012, 03:36:34 PM »

********GOVERNMENT SAFETY WARNING ********

Sadly not all free models are suitable as a starting point for a "game compliant" set of meshes. I can see from the mishapen sections of fresco23's picture that there would be "issues" with using this as a base. It is often easier and better to start from scratch. But either way it is important to remember that any 3d model is only a starting point. There are literally 1001 other fixed and animated meshes to create, map and import before it is even close to being  a true mod. It is always worth remembering that if it was easy we would already have every aircraft ever made  ;)

Anyway I can neither confirm nor deny that it is anything more than a "cool screen shot" (I learned from bitter experience not to announce anything until I am 100% sure that I have solved all of the problems and issues, as it tends to upset a certain element of our beloved community).

So remember you did not see this thread...... now just look into the light .....

;)

Do not criticise a man until you have walked a mile in his shoes...  Then you can call him what you like, as you have his shoes ... and he is a mile away......

Fresco23

• Part-Time Skinner
  • Modder
  • F.A.C. #23
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2012, 04:26:56 PM »

Understood GJE52! Looking in to the light.................... ???

fresco
cogito, ergo sum armatus

BravoFxTrt

• "BIGFOOT"
  • Modder
  • Flying Ass Clown #13
« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2012, 06:23:06 PM »

Wer'e talking about German Beer, right?? :P
MSI R9 280X 6GB x2/Crossfire /ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 Mobo/AMD FX 4170 Bulldozer 4core CPU/RAM Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB/ Corsair RM 1000WATT PSU/Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit

Fresco23

• Part-Time Skinner
  • Modder
  • F.A.C. #23
« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2012, 09:07:32 AM »

HAHA!!! Latest update from the amazing guys working on the mig 21 shows that they have a working Blown Flap system!!!!!! "Which means what?", you might ask... It means that it is possible!! It means it can be done!! It means there is hope!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,19262.0.html

I always wondered if that feature was do-able in regards to this Starfighter, and hearing that someones gotten it working, albeit in another project, is encouraging news to me, that IF anyone ever decides to tackle this one, it will be friekin awesome!!  8)

fresco
cogito, ergo sum armatus

Anthem

« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2013, 11:48:58 AM »

F-104 would be a nice addition. I hope this happens. A U2 may follow.
On a personnel note:
  Saw a 104 last year at an air show...afterburner passes sounded great, thought it was loud until the F-15 was doing maneuvers with afterburners pointing directly at the crowd!! Best was Thunderbirds in the 70's using F4's, one did a supersonic pass! ...Later they used T-38's, seemed boring, wasn't till the F16's the power came back...was impressed with a full circle low level high G turn (wings 90 degrees to the ground)...full afterburner about 100 yards away about 100ft off the ground, looked like it was going to fall out of the sky!!! Thinking back, I like to believe that maneuver was done to redeem the past shows with T-38's ;)

DocPL

« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2013, 09:18:01 AM »

I would like to fly this jet  :D As well as all Century Series planes http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Century_Series

Fresco23

• Part-Time Skinner
  • Modder
  • F.A.C. #23
« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2013, 09:24:21 PM »

*bump

Because its the best looking fighter jet ever flown...
cogito, ergo sum armatus

SAS~Tom2

• SAS Honourable Member
  • no sweat
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2013, 06:28:00 PM »

Plus one.
If not in this life, I surely enjoy a Starfighter in the next. :)  :D

Sleepingdragon

« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2013, 09:09:04 PM »

It is a neat machine, even if it was the result of a total misinterpretation of his interviews with F-86 pilots after Korea.

Keep in mind that the three basic designs were very different in various aspects.

The C, as described was the one used by the USAF.

The G had the same size wing albeit the extra mountings as described, and was of course used in large numbers by Nato countries and a bunch others.

and the S, the Italian and most advanced version. It had considerably larger wings and AIM-7 capability. It was the ultimate developement with a more powerful version of the J-79.

Yrs ago, there was a really lousy movie staring the guy who played Starbuck in the original Battlestar Galactica, about UFOs messing around over Italy. There's some fairly good flying scenes with 104Ss and Tornados. I forget the bloody name though, was a lousy movie, but some good flying.

Gfree

« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2013, 01:24:19 PM »

I agree for a starfighter in il2 and all century serie, love them especially starfighter..
The name of the movie is simply "Blue Tornado" but lot of view of replica F-104s... an other good movie with a starfighter is "the right stuff" with the climb of Chuck Yeager in a NF-104 unfortunately it's a f-104G in the movie an there is also lot of view of a replica F-104 on a rope!! If you want nice views of the starfighters look on pro-wings dvd, It's a nice professional shooting.

Finally, yes please, build a starfighter for il2 1956.. PLEASE!! ;-) and i ll make the 51-01 Italian "Catfighter" Skin
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 8   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 27 queries.