Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: High Rez Pacific Tree Pack  (Read 3316 times)

Stanger

High Rez Pacific Tree Pack
« on: December 22, 2012, 05:44:57 PM »

Ok first I am no way trying to compete against UUFFlakke and his wonderful talents. I hope he does not mind if If I try to do a Pacific pack trees at 2048x2048. Carsmaster has given us a great HD mod to be able to have the High rez files.
I have downloaded different Palm trees. Pandan, Pandunas and Plumeria are in the arsenal. Also have Coconut and Banana trees.  Have access to different brush.
If I knew how to get in the Palm tree in the static file I would try to change that object and add more like coconut and banana.

I will be working on the:
Wood=0
Wood=1
Wood=2
Wood=3
Wood=4

Tree0=

Also maybe some from the Field section:
Wood0 =
wood2 =
 Here is a pic of the banana to view the quality.

singüe

• No por mucho amanecer, se madruga m
Re: High Rez Pacific Tree Pack
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2012, 09:07:10 PM »

Nice!

SAS~Malone

• flying as #46 with the FAC
  • Editor
  • proud member of that 'other' site
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2012, 10:53:19 PM »

mmm.....love bananas! :D
.....taking fun seriously since 1968.....  8)

Yeager_1946

• Modder
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2012, 03:16:27 AM »

Nice! I'm looking forward to it!  :)

Uufflakke

• Modder
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2012, 03:20:16 AM »

Ok first I am no way trying to compete against UUFFlakke and his wonderful talents. I hope he does not mind if If I try to do a Pacific pack trees at 2048x2048. Carsmaster has given us a great HD mod to be able to have the High rez files.
I have downloaded different Palm trees. Pandan, Pandunas and Plumeria are in the arsenal. Also have Coconut and Banana trees.  Have access to different brush.
If I knew how to get in the Palm tree in the static file I would try to change that object and add more like coconut and banana.

Nothing wrong with some healthy competition here! It will improve the game for sure.
As long as we can keep it sportive and constructive.
I remember I used to work on a modded object and someone else released a much better version of it. So I put mine back on the shelf to collect dust.

Anyway, about the trees.

Tree=0 will be a kind of a problem for repainting them as a banana tree for instance. The 3D model of Tree=0 is somewhere hidden but it will always look like shrubs around the tree trunk. Which is noticable with less to no leaves on the branches.
But if you want to change the look of them there are three files involved. For instance:
-AlteredBush8a.tga
-AlteredBush8aTL.tga
-AlteredBush8aTrunkTL.tga

AlteredBush8a.tga is meant for those who play the game on Excellent Settings instead of Perfect.

Here is an overview (I made it for myself a long time ago as a reminder) that shows which part of the .tga is responsible for what tree.
Remember the red one also generates the shadows of the trees.

About repainting the 3D trees and the static.ini
It depends what you want to do. If it is only a repaint no need to change anything in the static.ini.
In case you want to add your repainted version as a new object you can copy paste the entry of that specific object in the static.ini and edit a bit.

This the entry we already have in game:

[buildings.House$FurnitureTreeBanana]
Title           TreeBanana
MeshLive        3do/Tree/Banana/live.sim
MeshDead        3do/Tree/Banana/live.sim
Body            WoodMiddle
Panzer          0.10

And you want to add your TreeBananaHD2048 (or whatever the folder is named) to it then change the entry like:

[buildings.House$FurnitureTreeBananaHD2048]
Title           TreeBananaHD2048
MeshLive        3do/Tree/BananaHD2048/live.sim
MeshDead        3do/Tree/BananaHD2048/live.sim
Body            WoodMiddle
Panzer          0.10

Ever heard of http://cgtextures.com/ ?
Subscribe and you can download 15 mb for free. I used a .png file for one of my Slovakia trees.
"The Best Things In Live Aren't Things"

Uufflakke

• Modder
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2012, 03:38:37 AM »

Also maybe some from the Field section:
Wood0 =
wood2 =

Don't know about Wood0=  but Wood2= is related to how Wood0, 1, 2, 3, 4 looks in the far distance.
So if you create your own Wood0 to 4 then you also need to adjust colour of Wood2 in the Field section. If colours don't match you will see a line crossing the woods in the far distance.

EDIT:
In the Field section Wood0= the texture underneath the Wood0 to 4.

About redoing Wood0 to 4:
Don't make it with too much colour changes and such because the repetitive pattern is very noticable from higher altitude.
The Wood0 to 4 only covers a small area.
"The Best Things In Live Aren't Things"

Stanger

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2012, 03:25:04 PM »

Thanks UUFFlakke for your time and great explanation. I stayed up late last night,(actually too late, this graphic stuff can be addicting) I noticed the same about tree=0. It was going to be problamatic to render a tree like palm or banana. But figuring the palm in the FMB under furniture or Fabian those stand a good chance to be retextured. So far what  I have learned I think I can retexured those abjects and place in the mod folder with the same name in the correct folder structure. Tree=0 or the random popup I might have to find a good Pacific bushy tree to do. Also the 5 woods since this is rendering 5 slices in a horizintal position All I can do is try to get a better Pacific look if I can. I think the Object tree and the random tree can benifit with HD  but the 5 wood would most likely be a waste of resource. Not much benifir from 1024 to 2048. That is what my take is so far with the help of info from you and my trial and error.

Thanks again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 24 queries.