Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 ... 83   Go Down

Author Topic: Tiger 33's Ultimate Sound mod V3 (UV3)  (Read 412537 times)

Michu

Re: Tiger 33's Ultimate Sound mod V3 (UV3)
« Reply #780 on: May 14, 2014, 02:35:16 PM »

... in French Mme Michu (Mrs Michu) means the average French woman who likes to gossip and is easy to convince and is far from being a geek ...  :)

Well whad'ya know? You learn something new every day... ;D

tripletrouble

« Reply #781 on: May 17, 2014, 09:17:47 PM »

I am running 4.12.2 with Modact 5.3.  Do the presets in the UV3 folder need to go anywhere?

too-cool

« Reply #782 on: May 20, 2014, 05:38:36 AM »

Hi all, I think I've managed to get the UV3 working with HSFX 7.02, at least the most important part - 64 channel extension and the flyby sounds.
Here's what I did:

1. Downloaded the .sfs files AND the 4.09 + UP 2.01 version of UV3.
2. Placed both of the tigersound SFS files in the main Il-2 directory AND edited the HSFX .rc file ( found in "Il-2 Sturmovik 1946/Files" directory) accordingly, placing the SFS entries at the bottom like this:

@sfs MOUNT fb_hfxcontrol.sfs
@sfs MOUNT fb_hfxPaintSchemes.sfs
@sfs MOUNT fb_hfxbeta.sfs

@sfs MOUNT tigersounds_1.sfs
@sfs MOUNT tigersounds_2.sfs

3. Placed the contents of the #_UV3 folder (from the "4.09 + UP 2.01" archive) in the "Il-2 Sturmovik 1946/Files" directory EXCEPT FOR:

- ".rc" and ".preload" files and "gui" folder to avoid crashes on startup;
- "3do" folder since it seemed to overwrite PA_Jeronimo's  "Fixed engine cowling and props" mod.

4. And, of course, didn't forget about NumChannels=4 in sound section of conf.ini!

Now I can enjoy awesome flyby sounds and my log file reports 64 channels active.

I hope you'll find it useful.
Please explain #1 and #2 a little more, I'm not quite getting it.  Thanks TC

Michu

« Reply #783 on: May 20, 2014, 03:12:11 PM »

Don't worry, I just found out that I haven't tested my own medicine thoroughly enough, because just adding bunch of java classes from 4.09 mod version is bound to create compatibility issues and crashes. So everyone please disregard my previous post - I was celebrating success too early!  :(

After some further trials and errors I've managed to find a different, partially working solution. Nothing revolutionary, most of it has already been mentioned in one form or another in previous posts in this topic. So what MIGHT you achieve* if you follow steps listed below?

A) Working 64 channel sound which is handy to prevent sound cut-offs when lots of SFX are being played (unmodded Il-2 tops out at 32 channels which is far below modern standards 128 ch.)

B) Flyby sounds that are SLIGHTLY better than default HSFX 7.0.2 but still noticeably worse than HSFX 7.0.2 with jgsme 'TIGER Flyby's' mod activated.

C) As an unintended (?) side-effect of using tiger's SFS files I noticed that the annoying echo-like reverb effect I used to get whenever I enabled EAX on my SB X-fi Titanium (through ALchemy since I've got Windows 8.1) is GONE! So that's a nice bonus (well, at least for me...)

Detailed 'How to' in a post below.

* Real life always gets in the way of proper testing, so I don't guarantee anything  :P

Michu

« Reply #784 on: May 20, 2014, 04:18:10 PM »

OK, here we go! Remember, this is for HSFX 7.0.2 only!

1. You'll need to download AND unpack BOTH the 'SFS Package' and 'Jsgme Package' , links to which are available in the very first post of this topic.

2. Unpacking the 'SFS Package' (actually it's an archive file named 'UV3 SFS.rar') should net you 2 files: 'tigersounds_1.sfs' & 'tigersounds_2.sfs'. Place them 2 files in the root of your IL-2 directory ( in my case it's "C:\GOG Games\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946", your mileage may vary.)

3. Unpacking the 'Jsgme Package' (actually it's an archive file named 'UV3 JSGME+ReadMe.rar' or smth like that) will yield several other archives, among them one named 'jsgmemods 4.09 + UP2.01.rar'. Unpack it!

4. Now things get more complicated so please be careful! After unpacking you'll realise that the newly created 'jsgmemods 4.09 + UP2.01' folder contains many nested sub-folders. Namely the 'jsgmemods' folder which contains the '00_Tiger_33 Ultimate Sound Mod V3' folder which in turn contains 'Mods' folder which  (O_o) finally contains '#_UV3' folder. Copy-paste the '#_UV3' folder into 'jsgmemods' folder in your IL-2 1946 directory.

5. Now you'll need to remove some stuff from the '#_UV3' folder you've just pasted into 'jsgmemods'. Namely delete '3do' and 'gui' folders, '.preload' & '.rc' files AND all of the java class files EXCEPT for the one named '24F1DC2A4AD9FA76'. If you've done it properly then your '#_UV3' folder should contain only 'Presets' folder and the  '24F1DC2A4AD9FA76' java class file.

6. Next, you'll need to edit (i.e with a Notepad) the '.rc' file found in the 'Files' directory in your Il-2 1946 folder and add these 2 lines:

so that the BOTTOM of the '.rc' file looks like this:

#preload REGISTER
@file .preload

7. Open the 'conf.ini' file in the root of your IL-2 1946 directory and make sure that you've got the NumChannels=4 entry in the [sound] section.

8. Finally run the JSGME and FIRST enable the ''#_UV3' mod and THEN the 'TIGER Flyby's' from the Available Mods list .

too-cool

« Reply #785 on: May 20, 2014, 05:14:45 PM »

1. You'll need to download AND unpack BOTH the 'SFS Package' and 'Jsgme Package' , links to which are available in the very first post of this topic.

2. Unpacking the 'SFS Package' (actually it's an archive file named 'UV3 SFS.rar') should net you 2 files: 'tigersounds_1.sfs' & 'tigersounds_2.sfs'. Place them 2 files in the root of your IL-2 directory ( in my case it's "C:\GOG Games\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946", your mileage may vary.)

3. Unpacking the 'Jsgme Package' (actually it's an archive file named 'UV3 JSGME+ReadMe.rar' or smth like that) will yield several other archives, among them one named 'jsgmemods 4.09 + UP2.01.rar'. Unpack it!

4. Now things get more complicated so please be careful! After unpacking you'll realise that the newly created 'jsgmemods 4.09 + UP2.01' folder contains many nested sub-folders. Namely the 'jsgmemods' folder which contains the '00_Tiger_33 Ultimate Sound Mod V3' folder which in turn contains 'Mods' folder which  (O_o) finally contains '#_UV3' folder. Copy-paste the '#_UV3' folder into 'jsgmemods' folder in your IL-2 1946 directory.

5. Now you'll need to remove some stuff from the '#_UV3' folder you've just pasted into 'jsgmemods'. Namely delete '3do' and 'gui' folders, '.preload' & '.rc' files AND all of the java class files EXCEPT for the one named '24F1DC2A4AD9FA76'. If you've done it properly then your '#_UV3' folder should contain only 'Presets' folder and the  '24F1DC2A4AD9FA76' java class file.

6. Next, you'll need to edit (i.e with a Notepad) the '.rc' file found in the 'Files' directory in the your Il-2 1946 folder and add these 2 lines:

#preload REGISTER
@file .preload

7. Open the 'conf.ini' file in the root of your IL-2 1946 directory and make sure that you've got the NumChannels=4 entry in the [sound] section.

8. Finally run the JSGME and FIRST enable the ''#_UV3' mod and THEN the 'TIGER Flyby's' from the Available Mods list .
Thanks Michu, if I can't follow those instructions I don't need to have a modded game.  Thanks Again TC

Michu

« Reply #786 on: May 20, 2014, 11:29:55 PM »

You're welcome, I just hope it won't crash your game  ;)

too-cool

« Reply #787 on: May 24, 2014, 09:28:23 AM »

You're welcome, I just hope it won't crash your game  ;)
I installed this mod and all appeared to be well, but flying on the AKA's server last night and 1 hour and 21 minutes into the campaign the server started getting red bars and shortly there after the server died. They restarted the server and I reconnected to it but just 18 minutes later my game locked up. I shut the game down completely and restarted/connected to the server were I flew for the next 1 hour and 40 minutes with out incidence. Not sure if the mod caused the lock-up or not restarting the game after the server died. Will check this out Sunday during the next mission and report back with finding.  TC

too-cool

« Reply #788 on: May 24, 2014, 11:27:43 AM »

6. Next, you'll need to edit (i.e with a Notepad) the '.rc' file found in the 'Files' directory in the your Il-2 1946 folder and add these 2 lines:

#preload REGISTER
@file .preload

Thanks Michu, if I can't follow those instructions I don't need to have a modded game.  Thanks Again TC
Question? In my HSFX 6.17 game menu, if I go into setup/sound/audio I see that the number of channels are set to 64, however if I go into the same for HSFX 7.02 I see the number of channels are listed as 32, I have numchannels=4 in my config.ini, what happening? My HSFX 7.02 config.ini [sound] section is exactly the same as my HSFX 6.17. Is this a problem? Thanks TC

Michu

« Reply #789 on: May 24, 2014, 01:17:27 PM »

You can't set 64 channels in the game's menu because it's controlled either by the buttons file or one of the many java classfiles that needed to go to prevent crashes and lock-ups.

Don't worry, the 64 channels sound is still working through the numchannels=4 setting in the conf.ini. To be sure check your 'sound.log' and the 'log.lst' files. They both should mention 64 channels being activated.

If you don't have the log.lst then make sure you've got this section in your conf.ini:

[Console]
HISTORY=1024
HISTORYCMD=1024
LOAD=console.cmd
SAVE=console.cmd
LOG=1
LOGTIME=0
LOGFILE=log.lst
LOGKEEP=0

Let us now the results!  ;)

too-cool

« Reply #790 on: May 24, 2014, 01:41:32 PM »

You can't set 64 channels in the game's menu because it's controlled either by the buttons file or one of the many java classfiles that needed to go to prevent crashes and lock-ups.

Don't worry, the 64 channels sound is still working through the numchannels=4 setting in the conf.ini. To be sure check your 'sound.log' and the 'log.lst' files. They both should mention 64 channels being activated.

If you don't have the log.lst then make sure you've got this section in your conf.ini:

[Console]
HISTORY=1024
HISTORYCMD=1024
LOAD=console.cmd
SAVE=console.cmd
LOG=1
LOGTIME=0
LOGFILE=log.lst
LOGKEEP=0

My list shows 32 channels but I had to change Log=0 to Log=1. but can't figure out why only 32 channels?  TC

too-cool

« Reply #791 on: May 24, 2014, 01:44:46 PM »

[Console]
HISTORY=1024
HISTORYCMD=1024
LOAD=console.cmd
SAVE=console.cmd
LOG=1
LOGTIME=0
LOGFILE=log.lst
LOGKEEP=0

My list shows 32 channels but I had to change Log=0 to Log=1. but can't figure out why only 32 channels?  TC
What buttom files are you using?  Thanks TC
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 ... 83   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 27 queries.