Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: USS Hancock CVA-19  (Read 29452 times)

duffys tavern

Re: USS Hancock CVA-19
« Reply #48 on: August 10, 2013, 08:50:55 AM »

Haze Grey and Underway............................. 

Spent way too much time on Carriers, they are never the correct color for long, by the end of a cruise it's mostly a dull putty color and rusted....lol....  Everytime we stoped somewhere they hung the poor Boatswain Mates over the side and had em start painting................ and don't be late for ships movement either........... or you will be keeping the Bosn's company next time the boat stops.....

Hoss

Yea spent many an hour in a Bosun's chair hanging over the side of the Oriskany & America.
wrap a bandana around your face, pull your white hat down around your ears, pair of safety glasses and you're good to go. Oh, and don't forget the cotton in your ears when using the pneumatic hammer, the noise will blow your brains out.

duffys tavern

« Reply #49 on: August 10, 2013, 09:08:10 AM »

Try as I might I cannot get this beautiful mod to work, I have tried all sorts of remedies but this one has me beat, I have some sort of class file clash with one of my MANY existing mods that I cannot resolve.

Really nice work though mate, well done.

Running DBW 1.71
Same here. All the other angle deck CVs work fine but when I install this baby I get the awful 70% CDT. Remove it and everything is fine again. I have the HD textures installed and all the HD a/c skins work ok. I'm a little confused about this:
Installation of the catapult mod is almost mandatory (8). Once installed, you will need to add the catapult.txt to .......XXX\!SAS_Engine_Mod_version_X\com\maddox\il2\objects\Catapults.ini.
I have the "Carrier TakeOff mod5.7", installed and cats work on all my CVs but I can't locate this:
SAS_Engine_Mod_version_X\com\maddox\il2\objects\Catapults.ini I also have the "SAS_AI_Engine_HotKeys_Carriers" installed. Any help or advise apperciated. Would really like to have this beautiful CV.

karla

• Modder
« Reply #50 on: August 10, 2013, 10:44:26 AM »

I hope you guys get this carrier installed without too much trouble.

If we have a look at a simplified view of the installation -

Install western0221 Essex SCB-125 carriers. Check they're working.

Install Carsmaster & Storebror High Resolution / True Color Textures Mod package. Check with added HD aircraft.

Deactivate Rawners Essex deck crew for time being; change name to ...\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946 DBW 17\XXX\-0USSEssexCVs_crew (XXX = 'MODS' or '#DBW' or '#UP#')

Deactivate any carrier mods e.g. Carrier TakeOff mod/!SAS_Engine_Mod/SAS_AI_Engine_HotKeys_Carriers for time being (add a "-" in front of the folder inside your mods folder).

Check you have no other mods with hier.him files that are related to carriers.

Install USS Hancock CVA-19 and make changes to Java class files, Chief.ini, Ships.ini, Stationary.ini and technics_ru.properties.

Activate your favourite carrier mod first and check. Repeat for second favourite.

To analyse problems, activate error log file in conf.ini under [HotKey Console] -
LOG=1
LOGTIME=1
LOGFILE=errorlog.lst
After crash, check errorlog.lst in root directory with a text editor; difficult to interpret but you can often see references to missing files.

Post errorlog.lst readout if you wish.

Apologies for the complexity but it's because I've built this mod on top of another mod which was already modded. Also, we all have additional mods which may conflict. I'm sorry I was not capable of creating a stand alone model; perhaps someone could help make USS Hancock CVA-19 installation easier for everyone?

sphantom

• retired Fighter Pilot
  • If you wake up and see grass roots growing
« Reply #51 on: August 10, 2013, 04:02:39 PM »

Now why would I disable all the mods that work in my jet/Nam/cat. missions/campaigns. Just for a mod that does not work. Now you did a great job  but some of these mods you mention are needed for other mods to work proper.

duffys tavern

« Reply #52 on: August 10, 2013, 05:40:46 PM »

Karla, don't apologize for a job well done. Thank you very much for this great CV. I will try your suggestions and advise back. Thanx again and keep up the good work.

duffys tavern

« Reply #53 on: August 11, 2013, 04:32:20 AM »

Karla, here's the log file:

Code: [Select]
Ship: Value of [USSHancockCVA_1970]:<Mesh> not foundCan't set property
[6:19:38] java.lang.RuntimeException: Can't set property
[6:19:38] at com.maddox.il2.objects.ships.BigshipGeneric$SPAWN.getS(BigshipGeneric.java:4396)
[6:19:38] at com.maddox.il2.objects.ships.BigshipGeneric$SPAWN.LoadShipProperties(BigshipGeneric.java:4499)
[6:19:38] at com.maddox.il2.objects.ships.BigshipGeneric$SPAWN.<init>(BigshipGeneric.java:4727)
[6:19:38] at com.maddox.il2.objects.ships.ShipEssexs.<clinit>(ShipEssexs.java:296)
[6:19:38] at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
[6:19:38] at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)
[6:19:38] at com.maddox.rts.Spawn.get_WithSoftClass(Spawn.java:84)
[6:19:38] at com.maddox.rts.Spawn.get_WithSoftClass(Spawn.java:57)
[6:19:38] at com.maddox.il2.game.Main.preloadChiefClasses(Main.java:192)
[6:19:38] at com.maddox.il2.game.Main3D.beginApp(Main3D.java:1603)
[6:19:38] at com.maddox.il2.game.Main3D.beginApp(Main3D.java:1548)
[6:19:38] at com.maddox.il2.game.MainWin3D.beginApp(MainWin3D.java:211)
[6:19:38] at com.maddox.il2.game.Main.exec(Main.java:420)
[6:19:38] at com.maddox.il2.game.GameWin3D.main(GameWin3D.java:235)
[6:19:38] Problem in spawn: com.maddox.il2.objects.ships.ShipEssexs$USSHancockCVA_1970
[6:19:38] Spawn.get_WithSoftClass( com.maddox.il2.objects.ships.Ship$USSHancockCVA_1970 ): com.maddox.il2.objects.ships.Ship$USSHancockCVA_1970
[6:19:38] java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.maddox.il2.objects.ships.Ship$USSHancockCVA_1970
[6:19:38] at com.maddox.rts.LDR.loadClass(LDR.java:27)
[6:19:38] at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
[6:19:38] at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(Unknown Source)
[6:19:38] at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
[6:19:38] at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)
[6:19:38] at com.maddox.rts.Spawn.get_WithSoftClass(Spawn.java:149)
[6:19:38] at com.maddox.rts.Spawn.get_WithSoftClass(Spawn.java:57)
[6:19:38] at com.maddox.il2.game.Main.preloadChiefClasses(Main.java:192)
[6:19:38] at com.maddox.il2.game.Main3D.beginApp(Main3D.java:1603)
[6:19:38] at com.maddox.il2.game.Main3D.beginApp(Main3D.java:1548)
[6:19:38]

karla

• Modder
« Reply #54 on: August 11, 2013, 04:52:08 AM »

I've carried out simple tests with DBW 1.71 and some mods and found the following -

1) all carrier mods off = game loads, CVA-19 loads, wings fold, no catapult
2) CTO 5.3.3 = game loads, CVA-19 loads, wings down, no catapult
3) SAS AI Engine HotKeys Carriers = game loads, CVA-19 loads, wings fold, catapult OK
4) !SAS_Engine_Mod_4101m_v26 =  game loads, CVA-19 loads, wings fold, catapult OK
5) (2) + Rawners Essex crew = game loads, CVA-19 loads, wings down, no catapult
6) (3)  + Rawners Essex crew = game loads, CVA-19 loads, wings fold, catapult OK
7) (4) + Rawners Essex crew = game loads, CVA-19 loads, wings fold, catapult OK

I recommend the !SAS_Engine_Mod_4101m_v26 https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,23327.0.html. It is a collection of over a dozen related mods which alter engine behavior, add additional hotkeys, carrier features, new aircraft features and tweak the default AI routines. An additional entry for the Hancock is needed in catapult.ini.

Another possibility of reason for crashes is the name of the carrier. Check that "USSHancock_CVA_1970" - not "USSHancock_CVA19_1970" - is used for folder names and other entries as advised in the readme.txt.

I'll help as much as I can; keep trying, there's a lot of work in this ship.

karla

• Modder
« Reply #55 on: August 11, 2013, 04:55:49 AM »

@duffystavern it looks like the line " Problem in spawn: com.maddox.il2.objects.ships.ShipEssexs$USSHancockCVA_1970" indicates an error in your ...\XXX\STD\com\maddox\il2\objects\Ships.ini file. Check that you entered the new data for [USSHancockCVA_1970] before the EOF. Also look out for confusion between "USSHancock_CVA_1970" and "USSHancock_CVA19_1970".

It's probably best to post code in the "Insert Code" box [ # ] icon in Post reply feature of this forum. Good luck.

crazyeddie

• Modder
« Reply #56 on: August 11, 2013, 05:50:57 AM »

karla

I'm getting the same error codes as Duffy and I have tried the instal twice, checking every line entry as I went and there were no mistakes or extra text errors.  I have been around the game for as long as it has existed and I know my way around it, I helped Western with deck textures for the original Essex mod, and I can usually sort an error out but this one is a doozey, I cannot see what the conflict is and I have tried every remedy I know.

I even tried replacing the existing 1968 Hancock 3do, (no ini changes required), with yours but that did not work either.

That said I do not want to detract from a really fine piece of work mate, I knew that building it on the existing mod might cause problems and sad as that might be I still admire a great bit of work when I see it.

Perhaps somebody will pull it together as a stand alone one day, I will have another go at this a in a day or so but in the meantime I will admire from afar ...

Ed

crazyeddie

• Modder
« Reply #57 on: August 11, 2013, 06:07:39 AM »

karla/duffy

I have got to thinking about a comment you made above re CVA_19_1970 where the 19 appears to be a mistake.

In the ship.ini all the entries show CVA19_1970 - could that be part of the problem ?  I will try removing the 19 and see what happens.

Nope, tried that, same problem, now looking to see what other mod it might conflict with, have removed all the carrier and crew mods as suggested but same problem every time.

sphantom

• retired Fighter Pilot
  • If you wake up and see grass roots growing
« Reply #58 on: August 11, 2013, 01:09:37 PM »

It happen to me early on release.
Been going over the code and everything else I can think of. No joy
Now I believe you can not give a slot to a ship based on another ship of same with out a clash have not found it yet . I like the job he did and a fine ship to add to the navy fleet. I bet the answer is staring at our faces and we can not see it.
Now where is my 2 year old greatgrand son. A great help with his young eyes.

crazyeddie

• Modder
« Reply #59 on: August 11, 2013, 02:10:11 PM »

Yeh ... pretty sure this can be fixed ... it's something to do with the class files ... keep working the problem chaps !

Best ship Mod in a long while, worth the effort.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 25 queries.