Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 21   Go Down

Author Topic: OutOfDate - SAS Engine MOD 2.7 patch western 19/Sep/2016  (Read 99426 times)

SAS~Gerax

• SAS Team
Re: SAS Engine MOD 2.7 patch western 05/Feb./2016
« Reply #156 on: February 20, 2016, 01:01:41 PM »

problems between the VisualMod and the Engine Mod.

I just checked with classchecker EngMod 5-2-16 and VisualMOD9 with OrdnanceView
in a heavy modded MA530 Jetwar enviro and there is only one file wich both mods share:
35AE75DA10682FAA. VisMod shares some files with Pablos HUDConfig and MiniMap
but thats no problem I think. So, to load it before this mods should make no problems imho.

btw: I really like the ordnance mod, many thanks Pablo!  :)
i7-13700K, MSI RTX4090, Kingston 64GB, Asus Z790-P, Crucial SSD 1TB, Kingston SSD 4TB;

SAS~Malone

• flying as #46 with the FAC
  • Editor
  • proud member of that 'other' site
« Reply #157 on: February 20, 2016, 09:07:23 PM »

yes, Gerhard, Mike has even looked into this for me recently and found no problem there.
still, it doesn't change the fact that when the VisualMod loads after the Engine Mod, i get a 30% mission load fail basically across the board.
with the VisualMod loading before Engine Mod, the problem goes away.
i can recreate this scenario at will, so there MUST be something going on here.
don't get me wrong, i am probably one of the biggest fans of the VisualMod, and it hurts that all i've been doing in that thread lately is report problems, but what other course of action is there for me?
anyway, i guess if the top minds in IL-2 don't know what's going on here, then there's little chance of me figuring it out.
most likely the only way i can resolve this is to start from scratch with a fresh install. :P
.....taking fun seriously since 1968.....  8)

SAS~Malone

• Editor
« Reply #158 on: February 20, 2016, 09:41:29 PM »

if it helps to understand, here is the situation as it looks in my SAS folder.
i can rename the VisualMod to load before or after the Engine Mod, and the results are the same each time.
i'm not going to repeat the same thing over too many times and expect a different result - that is apparently a definition of insanity, lol :D

btw, there are no conflicts with the Project 85 mod, if anyone is wondering.

SAS~Gerax

• SAS Team
« Reply #159 on: February 21, 2016, 02:42:25 AM »

Eugene, maybe you misunderstood what I meat:
you can do what you did in pic2 as its no problem
to load the visMOd before the engMod I think.  ;)

i7-13700K, MSI RTX4090, Kingston 64GB, Asus Z790-P, Crucial SSD 1TB, Kingston SSD 4TB;

SAS~Malone

• Editor
« Reply #160 on: February 23, 2016, 11:23:48 PM »

Gerhard, yes, i know - the only reason i was trying to load the VisualMod first, was to illustrate that even with the VisualMod loading first in the order, so that nothing else should (in theory) interfere with it, i am still having some of the functions of VisualMod that aren't working - two biggest problems being that i can't select any chief/static camera - as per my posts in the VisualMod thread - and i also can't zoom in or out of the minimap with the scroll-wheel, or any other control, for that matter.
i was trying to illustrate that, but should rather just leave those problems for the VisualMod thread.
unfortunately, i have recently been a chorus of one with my problems, and no-one has any advice on how to fix this mess.
so, for now, i am back to having the VisualMod load after the Engine Mod, so that at least my missions load correctly, and i can fly.

western0221

• Modder
  • Live in Japan
    • IL-2 itaki blog
« Reply #161 on: March 11, 2016, 12:03:43 PM »

I haven't tested enough times and focused which parts have this problem, but.....

Some parts of my patch make game crashing when players' aircraft is a multi-crew bomber and it hits the ground.
Maybe co-pilot and/or bombardier scream sound effect in SndAircraft.class make ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException exception at SndAircraft$1.soundUpdate(SndAircraft.java:577) .

I think 1 crew (only the player pilot) aircrafts don't make the problem.
Are ALL of my patch make the same problem? or only Cockpit Sound by PAL version?
I had not tested Cockpit Sound mod by PAL without my Engine MOD patch, it was OK or not in this situation.

I'll fix it.
Do you have more information?

Whiskey_Sierra_972

• Modder
  • In memory of my beloved hero: Saburo SAKAI!
« Reply #162 on: March 11, 2016, 12:15:39 PM »

Sorry but I can't help in this tesing because I haven't tested any of your patch for PAL cockpit sound....mainly because the first time I add them I discover that , for my stricltly personal feelings , the sounds I heard are not syncronized with what I think I should feel in the same situation....and also neither allow me to imagine anouther crew mate doing that sounds....

western0221

• Modder
  • Live in Japan
    • IL-2 itaki blog
SAS Engine MOD 2.7 patch western 11/Mar./2016
« Reply #163 on: March 11, 2016, 05:57:40 PM »

Besides SndAircraft.class bug I asked 2 posts above,
I publish a new ALPHA test patch here.

tp://www.mediafire.com/download/dixb9.....oyv/SAS_Engine_2.7_patch_western_20160311alpha.7z

This patch is common for all the branches of mine.
Please change the installing folder name to fit your branch, not to copy as is in my archive.

* Not compatible to latest Pablo's Visual MOD V9. Exclusion.

Stock 4.11.1m and later games has "Smart Axis" function with this conf.ini setting.
Code: [Select]
[rts]
UseSmartAxis=1

SAS Engine MOD 2.7 increased engine numbers from stock's 4x into 8x , but this Smart Axis function was not expanded and disabled in riding modded 5x / 6x / 8x engines aircrafts.
Today I expand it into 2 ways.
About 2x throttle axis players, you can control all 5x ~ 8x engines with 2x axis like stock game 4x engines aircrafts.
About 4x throttle axis players,  you can also control 5x ~ 8x engines with your 4x axis in the same way of 2x Smart Axis function.

I don't have 4x throttle axis device or install 6x / 8x engine MOD aircrafts.
So, I have not tested those functions, I cannot test my plan is implemented correctly and working.
Please test them when you have, and feedback here.

Stock game's "Smart Axis" has not only throttle control, but also prop pitch control.
Today's my ALPHA patch has only throttle control.
After I will be reported "Working OK for throttle" , I'll make same function into prop pitch.

SAS~Malone

• Editor
« Reply #164 on: March 11, 2016, 08:48:17 PM »

i would test this, but i also don't have a dual throttle control, and generally, if any mod is not compatible with VisualMod, i won't use it - VisualMod is of primary importance to the way i play and test the sim.
western, i don't want to change direction here, but am wanting to find out if you think that the issue with multi-crew planes (not 1 crew, nor 2 crew, but 3 crew or more) crashing the game with the 'TangleChute' error might also be a result of one of these Engine Mod patches recently?
there are several threads regarding this issue, i can link one or two if you like....

western0221

• Modder
  • Live in Japan
    • IL-2 itaki blog
« Reply #165 on: March 11, 2016, 08:57:40 PM »

western, i don't want to change direction here, but am wanting to find out if you think that the issue with multi-crew planes (not 1 crew, nor 2 crew, but 3 crew or more) crashing the game with the 'TangleChute' error might also be a result of one of these Engine Mod patches recently?
there are several threads regarding this issue, i can link one or two if you like....

Not only my patch.... SAS Engine MOD 2.7 never touch Chute.class of com.maddox.il2.objects.air from Stock 4.12.2m game.
Engine MOD 2.7 and my patch don't contain Chute.class classfile.

I have no idea what MOD has Chute.class file and causes the compatibility problem.

KingTiger503

• Legendary History Luftwaffe Elite Ace ,,,
  • Supporter
  • KT503 Elite
« Reply #166 on: March 11, 2016, 09:19:28 PM »

Thanks for the Update Western, I will Test it Soon.
My Greatest and Best Regards KT503

KingTiger503

• Legendary History Luftwaffe Elite Ace ,,,
  • Supporter
  • KT503 Elite
« Reply #167 on: March 11, 2016, 10:18:23 PM »

It Works, Thanks.
My Greatest and Best Regards KT503
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 21   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 28 queries.