Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: F-86 canopy smoothnes and detail  (Read 6180 times)

BOYAN

Re: F-86 canopy smoothnes and detail
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2014, 07:32:06 PM »

Guys, all I am trying to say is that the front fixed part of the glass looks too big compared to RL. It always seemed big to me, but after a little closer look I found that the frame on the front part is not in line with the rest of the canopy frame hence the bigger look of the glass... Making the main frame smaller doesn`t fix the problem... Now I realize that the problem is with my head also, nitpicking the small details, but they do make the difference, there wouldn`t be any mods if they didn`t... I`m not trying to convince anyone, just trying to put my thoughts here and back them up with RL evidence...

Concerning the front curved shield for later versions, mr. Red_Fox90 put some WIP pisc in this thread, post no. 7, you can see curved front shield... https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php?topic=35939.msg393055#msg393055

I agree on other details you mentioned, would also add a great deal to immersion...

BOYAN

Re: F-86 canopy smoothnes and detail
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2015, 05:14:53 PM »

Just a little bump, since the Sabers got some attention these days thanks to Tom and Jeronimo. If there is a kind soul who would consider a couple of details on canopy...

The glass part is nicely curved, but the frame is edgy, it would look much better if it was also curved...
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 27 queries.