Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 35   Go Down

Author Topic: US Marine Aviation pack (F/A-18C/D, AV-8B+) v3.1  (Read 149553 times)

wulflennart

• Its Time for wastin fuel "Turn on the burner"
Re: US Marine Aviation pack (F/A-18C/D, AV-8B+) v1.3
« Reply #72 on: December 30, 2014, 08:47:18 AM »

I tried to start the F-18 from a carrier, but i failed.
Does anyone of you use special carrier mods?    (I have Engine Mod, and HMS Eagle on a pre DBW2)

Batbomb

• Modder
« Reply #73 on: December 30, 2014, 09:44:37 AM »

Have you used a catapult? Modern jets depend on that to start. I have successfully tested the F-18 on a carrier- it can start, if you use the catapult.

RooMan296

« Reply #74 on: December 30, 2014, 10:20:56 AM »

That's it!!!! I've had enough!!!! For months I've been clinging on to my mod-loaded 4.10.1 DBW installation, giving countless excuses not to move to 4.12......

But today, I'm finally relenting.... This is way too good an offer.... Can't wait to fly and make paint schemes for these beauties....

Thank you S3 and all involved!!!

I've fought the change to 4.12 for months as well. I loved my DBW too, but then I discovered 4.12 jets like the Frogfoot and now these monsters. Plus, taxi to take-off which is just too cool for us FMBers.
Give in...be assimilated...resistence IS futile.

SAS~Tom2

• SAS Honourable Member
  • no sweat
« Reply #75 on: December 30, 2014, 11:30:10 AM »

Congrats Eric!

:)
Sorry for being late to the party, you chaps know-that thing called Rl atm  ;)

Cheers

T

Artiglio

• Modder
« Reply #76 on: December 30, 2014, 11:30:55 AM »

Much better,

Now, let me show you how much a log file help solving problem:

In your log file you have this:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/maddox/sas1946/il2/util/Reflection

util? then you have a look back into the first page of this mod, You'll see:

You MUST be running the SAS Utils mod 1.07 or later. Available Here.

if you click here at the end of that sentence you'll be able download that particular part.

If you have already download it, please check if you have installed correctly.

Cheers and good luck,

S3

Ok thanks SAS~S3 for the support and help, now works for me but I did everything I had to make some changes to the folder "#_MordernWeapon" in "! 0_MordernWeapon" before I upgraded version "SAS Engine MOD 2.7" with the patch of Western0221 and now everything runs smoothly. ;D :) ;)
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,39075.0.html
I do not know why but with the original name of the folder "#_MordernWeapon" caused me problems trigger with missiles, renamed after it goes like a dream.

Billion thanks SAS~S3

P.S.
I voted for the SU27 / 33 I love hunting Russians next generation Sukhoi for ever ;)

HOFFY1138

« Reply #77 on: December 30, 2014, 12:09:15 PM »

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #78 on: December 30, 2014, 12:49:18 PM »

Thanks so much Eric and team.  Its the 412 functionality, the things you can do with these aircraft, that makes them so much more than the useless eye candy of all lesser sims...

Harrier Test

Testing on the Benghali map, just for fun, we find that the AI uses the new Hermes Ski Ramp (designed and constructed by western0221) very well and, vectoring to 60', its pretty straightforward for the humies too.  Setup to scope the nearby island for hostiles we have a flight of Yak-36s inbound and armed to the teeth.

32 years ago VIFFing-Vector In Forward Flight, was common practice over the Falklands, although it was officially frowned upon.  The new S3 harrier can also perform the VTOL party piece to good effect.  Dogfighting the Yaks was fast and furious stuff, outnumbered for good measure, the nimble Yak AIs could turn quite agressively too.

VIFFing to turn on a dime the ideal rear aspect for a heatseeker is soon resolved in my favour and the AIM-9L is planted right up the first Yak's tailpipe.  The Comprehensive HUD also features a gun mode and CCIP, which is going to make dumb-bombs a whole lot more fun! 

Following another game of scissors my AI buddies see off two other Yaks while the last one breaks off and goes vertical - 412 AI is really good!  Back on Forward Thrust the Harrier picks up speed again, pulls up smoothly and climbs in pursuit.  The Yak pilot yoyos to extend out of heatseeker range but has nowhere else to go as he flys out to the AIM-120 range parameters.  My AMRAAM leaps off the rails for 'Splash-Two' as the Yak explodes up ahead.

Recovery is very easy too, once Hermes is overflown, and an approach setup, partial vectoring and full flaps reduces the approach speed to a canter, then a dawdle.  Guided by the HUD Velocity Vector, the Harrier smoothly crosses the fantail and sets down as light as a feather, piece of cake!

IMPORTANT KEYS TO REMAP FOR MODERN JETS:

SELECT ROCKET/MISSILE          - switching missile types in combat
DEPLOY CHAFF/FLARES          - don't leave home without countermeasures
WING INCIDENCE INCREASE/DECREASE    - Used for Thrust-Vectoring on the Harrier

If you fly MiGs and Phantom IIs you will already know about:

DEPLOY REFUEL DEVICE
FUEL DUMP
DRAG CHUTE
BLOWN FLAPS

...you should know the rest...

wulflennart

• Its Time for wastin fuel "Turn on the burner"
« Reply #79 on: December 30, 2014, 12:58:06 PM »

Have you used a catapult? Modern jets depend on that to start. I have successfully tested the F-18 on a carrier- it can start, if you use the catapult.

I used a catapult, but its to slow. What Speed has the carrier to have? Is there any catapult fix for jets? (I have CTO)

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #80 on: December 30, 2014, 01:03:34 PM »

I used a catapult, but its to slow. What Speed has the carrier to have? Is there any catapult fix for jets? (I have CTO)

Obivously the Harrier does not use a catapult at all.  But either jet operates fine even from a Stationary carrier.  The Hornet is more at home launching from the big Essex type carriers (close enough in Il2 for a Nimitz Class) with their powerful steam catapults.  When setting up a test in FMB with a late model steam cat remember to set the DATE as far forward as possible (+1960) for the max power cat.

BTW, CTO is old code and should not be being used in 412.  You need the latest SAS Engine MOD and SAS Common Utils and should certainly disable the old, out of date, no good  for 412, CTO mod.

SAS Engine Mod v2.7 for 4.12.2m + Buttons 10.5 test
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,37774.0.html

SAS Common Utils 1.07 [UPDATE 2014-09-17]
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,40490.0.html

HOFFY1138

« Reply #81 on: December 30, 2014, 01:21:12 PM »

Silly4you

« Reply #82 on: December 30, 2014, 01:32:14 PM »

Teddy. Check if you have coutermeasure mod. If yes. Removed it. :). If you still crash with missile. Re download sas engine mod with the link I gave in the requirement section of 1st post.
YAY IT WORKS NOW! but whenever i switch the left screen, it freezes till i switch it back to engine

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #83 on: December 30, 2014, 01:44:02 PM »

Nice pics HOFFY.  How do you find the BVR capability?  Have you tried taking on any MiG 21s with the Hornet?  Have you done any Catapult starts?  Can you confirm what I am saying about cat power and FMB setup?  Do you have any useful dogfight pics or missiles in action?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 35   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 25 queries.