Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: CFM-412 Preview (20 Jan 2015)  (Read 26794 times)

UberDemon

• UberDemon/danzigzag
  • Modder
CFM-412 Preview (20 Jan 2015)
« on: January 20, 2015, 01:17:51 AM »

CFM-412 Preview (20 Jan 2015)
================================

Greetings.

First of all, sorry for the small pictures, I'll get bigger pictures next time.  This is just a small preview looking at some of the aspects of the upcoming Compressed Full Monty (CFM) 4.12.  I am using a minimal install (due to testing), so I don't have anything fancy, but I have installed the optional "Forgotten Countries" mod, and the necessary "#SAS_True Color HD Skins by Carsmaster " mod (necessary for the more modern planes to be available, like the F/A-18 and Tu-95 series).

First Impressions:
* Easy to download and install
* Very stable
* Enormous content (maps, planes, ground scenery)
* Takes IL-2 1946 to a whole new level
* It is a TFM-412 with more content, easier to implement and little headaches

Vast majority of content is in SFS format in the SFS_CFM folder.

No one cares about words, so let's look at a few pictures with some captions.

F/A-18C (single-seat) with insane payload of 6xAIM-120 (AMRAAM)+6xAIM-9L(Sidewinder)

Another view, flying around the Alps.  Handles like a charm, and very nice for those above Mach 1 flights, when you really need to get there.

Inside the cockpit.  Very impressive work on this Mod... how far has IL-2 come from its beginnings.

Here is the two-seat F/A-18D.

When you really need to touch someone (like a bunch of bears), a mix of AMRAAMs, Sidewinders and AIM-7 Sparrows really gets the job done.

When you are out of AIM-120s and AIM-7s, you need to get ready for a dogfight, however bombers are like barges in the sky... they don't move much.

Sidewinder shot on its way.

It will be... legend... wait for it...

...dary

Some of the new vehicles available (taxiing planes with rotating props, and towed airplanes)

Best regards,
UberDemon/danzigzag
www.uberdemon.net
Best Regards, UberDemon/danzigzag, Get UQMG at SAS BAT Mission area.  www.uberdemon.net no longer exists.  (** Alienware Aurora R7 / i7-8700 3.20GHz / 16GB RAM / Win 10 x64 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 **)

UberDemon

• UberDemon/danzigzag
  • Modder
Re: CFM-412 Preview (20 Jan 2015)
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2015, 01:18:55 AM »

P-40 wins the race.

Several static objects.  Note planes with rotating props, newer and nicer vehicles, a couple of SAMs, etc.  Something you can't show are some of the new ambient sounds, which really add to immersion.

The wind-socks behave according to the wind direction set in the mission.

Moving flags are included.

Another view.

Awesome static places with motor running.

Sometimes closer inspections yield pleasant surprises...

... I was talking about the open doors.

The detail level of the personnel objects is much improved.

Here are some static seaplanes.  Adding them as mods is typically not intuitive, but CFM includes them all.
Best Regards, UberDemon/danzigzag, Get UQMG at SAS BAT Mission area.  www.uberdemon.net no longer exists.  (** Alienware Aurora R7 / i7-8700 3.20GHz / 16GB RAM / Win 10 x64 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 **)

UberDemon

• UberDemon/danzigzag
  • Modder
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2015, 01:20:07 AM »

Some more seaplanes.

And a last look at the static seaplanes.  Look at the M6A1 Seiran... that information will be useful later.

CFM includes a boat load of new ships... get it? get it? boat load?  It also includes static and movin version of the "Duck" seaplane for water only use.  Note that the quality of the ship design has improved greatly compared to the old stock ships.

More modern carriers with dual "runways" are also featured.

Several ships, mostly carriers show their particular displease with the Graf Zeppelin trying to crash the party.

Need some help going up?  Lift-ramp-type carriers are also included.

Another view.

Well look at that... the Brazilians came to help!  The radar dishes do rotate.

A view of some ship-wreck objects

Helicopter statics are also included.  By the way, the static planes are divided by major categores.

UberDemon

• UberDemon/danzigzag
  • Modder
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2015, 01:21:11 AM »

Nice view of the Hind, with a Cobra behind it contrasting their sizes.

Here we really see how far we have come since the original IL-2 in 2000.  It is primarily a WW2 Sim, but the potential for greatness was always there.  This is a sampling.

Gotta love the F-4s and the Skyhawks.

Vampires and Broncos are nice additions.

The big ones, including B-29 tanker version, B-29 copy (Tu-4 Bull), and the featured Tu-95 Bear with counter-rotating propellers.

One of the highlights of CFM is adding the latest release of the Bear, with counter rotating propellers and choice of FM/AI via included optional mods.

No, this is not LOMAC, it is really a well modded IL-2 Sim with a nice Su-25 Frogfoot addition.

Some awesome "1946" Japanese planes are included in addition to other planes.

Another view.

Some Axis planes.

UberDemon

• UberDemon/danzigzag
  • Modder
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2015, 01:22:21 AM »

Another view.

One of my favorite planes of WW2, the He-177 Greif, is flyable in CFM as a standard feature.

Note the S-199, Bv-141 and the He-219.

The La-5 family is expanded with the La-9 and La-11.

Here are some Allied static planes.  The AC-47 is going the wrong way, because it can.

Lots going on here, but note the Defiant, Bee Gee, and of course the Halifax and the Lancaster.

Another view with some more mod static planes.

UFO sightings can happen.  Many new objects to play with... IL-2 is full of new items for designing virtual dioramas, including damaged objects, furniture, people, animals, and of course, little green men.

Another view.

Bears, penguins, and looks like this is the spot for a new IKEA store.

UberDemon

• UberDemon/danzigzag
  • Modder
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2015, 01:23:41 AM »

One of the cooler features is being able to fly the Japanese M6A1 Seiran attack and recon seaplane off of a submarine.  The I-400 submarine could carry up to 3 Seirans for launching attacks from a distance.  In the mod, you can have up to 2 at the same time in the sub.

A view from the cockpit.

Another view from the cockpit.

A view from the gunner station after launch.

Recently launched from the sub's catapult.

Wingman is unfolding wings and getting ready to launch.

Launching torpedo on unsuspecting ships.

Fail...

But at least the wingman got a ship.

UberDemon

• UberDemon/danzigzag
  • Modder
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2015, 01:25:21 AM »

Operations with this catapult submarine are similar to carriers in the FMB, so best practices include accelerating sub to max speed for takeoff, minding weight, and assigning landing location.  When you assign landing location as the sub, the plane AI lands by the side of the sub.  You can assign a mission objective (Target) as recon of the sub and requiring landing... that way you can make a return to the sub a requirement for the mission.

Another view showing the tube where the seaplanes were historically stored.

The wingman lands in the middle of a fight.

The sub finishes the job.

And that is it for now.

Best Regards,
UberDemon/danzigzag
www.uberdemon.net

RealDarko

• Modder
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2015, 02:47:33 AM »

Thanks a lot for the explanation!

Ibis

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2015, 03:04:00 AM »

Very nice UD, I'll be waiting for the download.
Thank you for your work and that of Monty of course.
cheers.

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2015, 03:31:11 AM »

Great test UD, really good to have you involved in this build...and please confirm; what was your estimated install time after downloading the prepared CFM sets?

spartan18a

• Supporter
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2015, 04:12:46 AM »

Now it will be more difficult yo wait ....  :P (great presentation)
Winning is optional, but trying your best is not.

PO_MAK_249RIP

• CMON U SPURS!
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2015, 04:59:50 AM »

WOW! Glad to see your back UD - this looks incredible and just in time for my new PC in March (hopefully)!
Corsair Carbide case, Intel core i5 4690 3.5ghz with Arctic Cooler, Asus Rock H97 performance, MSI Ventus XS OC 1660GTX 6GB DDR6, 32GB Patriot Viper 1600Mhz, 256GB/500GB Crucial SSDs, Windows 10 64bit.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 25 queries.