Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: My Homebuilt Ultralight  (Read 9660 times)

BalDaddy

• Old Scroat
Re: My Homebuilt Ultralight
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2015, 02:25:27 AM »

You may have seen, or be interested in this thread at SimHq. Chap building a 7/8th scale Nieuport N11
http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3753233/all/Dart,_how_is_that_build_going_

Good luck with it mate; seems as though there is a wealth of knowledge to be gleaned from here that will help you in your endeavours. I shall follow with interest. And at completion if you need some striping or graphics for it, I'm your man! :)

P51vsFw190

• Flying Ass Clown #5/#7
  • Supporter
  • Connoisseur of strange aircraft
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2015, 06:35:00 AM »

Thanks BD!  :)

Sincerely,

PvF
“German humor is no laughing matter”

LuseKofte

« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2015, 11:17:36 AM »

Thousands of hours in building a plane, if you pull this off you have my deepest respect. Let this process be a educational one. If it for some reasons stop you have learned a great deal in the process

Taypay

« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2015, 07:57:27 PM »

I was curious about what wing Airfoil you have chosen for the wing, I am currently restoring a 1940 J-3 Cub for a client, so I know what you are up against. I too  believe that you should locate a good A&P or AME to assist you in the design or construction of your project. The airworthiness regulations vary from country to country, and you don't need some pencil pusher to tell you at the end of your journey that you have built a nice aircraft, but due to this or that Reg. that it will never be allowed to fly. Here in North America a home built falls under the 51% rule which basically says the owner must build at least 51% of the aircraft to  qualify for the "Home-built" Certificate of Airworthiness. I am both a FAA A&P and a TC AME - M1 and Structures licensed, let me know if I can be of any help.

Good Luck

THomas
(Taypay)
Semper Fi
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 24 queries.