Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: JapanCat releases NEW Marge Effects for SAS Engine MOD 2.7!  (Read 9427 times)

decipher

• Missioneer
JapanCat releases NEW Marge Effects for SAS Engine MOD 2.7!
« on: October 20, 2015, 05:04:50 PM »

I think he does not post here anymore, but this release really deserves some attention.
JapanCat just released his updated version of Marge Effects for SAS Engine MOD 2.7 v20151024R.

It is based on the latest Western Patch, so no more crazy AI, weak 20mm cannons and other bugs, just a whole lot of wonderful effects and visual goodness.

i helped JapanCat with the beta testing and now it seems to work perfectly (you never can be 100% sure.. hehe) paired with CUP - WAW and probably most Il-2 4.12.2 installations based on Modact 5.3 and Engine Mod 2.7.

i don' have the JTW pack installed, but if it is based on the Western Patched version of Engine mod, then it should also work with that and it has updated Missile effects and explosions!

you can download it from JapanCats Blog:

http://blog.goo.ne.jp/japancat_il2/e/744e13c0980c3d68cece1d4d39c0aab1

since his blog is completely in japanese and that might be confusing to navigate, here the direct download link from his blog:

https://www.mediafire.com/download/y8ghm8cv3op17f8/%21SAS_Engine_Mod_MargeEffects_20151031R.7z

It includes a full Engine Mod 2.7 updated with the october version of the Western Patch with JapanCats Marge Effects build in. Easiest way to install is to drop the folder into your Mod folder and disable your original Engine Mod folder by adding a "-" in front (to keep it as a safety backup).

i wasn't sure where to post this, i think only modders can post in the modworx forum. i hope its ok here.

please note: full credit goes to the original creators of the Engine Mod, to Western 0221 for his excellent Patches and to JapanCat for Marge Effects!

EDIT: changed links to point to the latest update including direct download link to JapanCats mediafire upload.

nyali

• Supporter
Re: JapanCat releases NEW Marge Effects for SAS Engine MOD 2.7!
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2015, 06:20:10 PM »

looks stunning.....

Knochenlutscher

• Flying Ass Clown #10
  • Modder
  • aka Segfej
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2015, 09:52:08 AM »

Good to see him still active, forward him my best congratulations on this fine piece of Mod.
That sounds and looks good, the vid is promising, JapanCat quality.
If not releasing here, can we get informed when it's out, must have this when ready
and don't wanna miss.  :-\\

Kind Regards
Tobias
Wiseman : "Did you speak the exact words?" Ash : "Look, maybe I didn't say every single little tiny syllable, no. But basically I said them, yeah."

LuseKofte

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2015, 12:12:31 PM »

Respect to the man, glad he is still going on with IL2 mod, that is the first, second this look very cool

spartan18a

• Supporter
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2015, 04:18:48 PM »

Excellent news!!!! But a bit confused about the two rar files. Could you please tell us how to use it?  :P

!SAS_Engine_Mod_MargeEffects_20151024R
SAS_Engine_2.7_patch_western_20151015

Do we put both in the jsgmemods in a specific order or how do we proceed?
 ??? Thanks in advance for your answer
Winning is optional, but trying your best is not.

Paulo Hirth

• MOD is Life!
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2015, 06:31:24 PM »

I really miss the fantastic work of JAPANCAT in BF109 family, is what i use, much better than the last we have here, he did until BF109G-14...  hope he do the 109K for finnish with golden key his fantastic improvement on 3D.

decipher

• Missioneer
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2015, 10:03:40 PM »

If not releasing here, can we get informed when it's out, must have this when ready
and don't wanna miss.  :-\\

Kind Regards
Tobias

you can post on his blog! it is a bit tricky, because the posting buttons are in japanese, but it kinda works with google translate if you paste the link into it and he can understand easy english.

it actually is released now, the download link is on his blog, since he created it, i don't want to direct link to the file and rather just link to his blog! the link is in the first post.

Excellent news!!!! But a bit confused about the two rar files.

ah. so the download file is called "!SAS_Engine_Mod_MargeEffects_20151024R". this is a complete Engine Mod 2.7 folder already including the october version of the Western Patch with JapanCats Marge Effects build in.

i don't use JSGME, but if anything you need to use that file, also you have to disable your original engine mod folder.
so put !SAS_Engine_Mod_MargeEffects_20151024R in your mod folder and add a "-" in front of original engine mod folder (safety backup!).

Knochenlutscher

• Flying Ass Clown #10
  • Modder
  • aka Segfej
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2015, 01:34:35 AM »

Ah, OK, no prob from my side with Japanese.
FHSW Devs (BF1942 Modders) are japanese too with their site entourage, never had
shortcomings there. Thanks for the hint. Greetings to Japan then, I'm out trying...
Best wishes
Tobias
Wiseman : "Did you speak the exact words?" Ash : "Look, maybe I didn't say every single little tiny syllable, no. But basically I said them, yeah."

greybeard

• Modder
  • diligo veritatem
    • Old stuff about RB3D and a tiny "IL2 corner"
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2015, 09:22:57 AM »

Marge!?

Well, I installed this new set mainly for statement "no more crazy AI", hoping to eventually get rid of rookie enemy AI dancing "tarantella" when targeted by player... but no juice (although I think to have noticed some more human behavior by higher enemy AI levels).

Missile trajectories shown in the above movie look identical to those I saw in historical footage (Vietnam, wars in the Middle East, etc.); unfortunately, I'm not interested at the moment in this part of aerial warfare.

Nice smoke columns also in same movie, much similar to those I get in 4.09 by Steppenwolf's effects.

I was struck, finally, by long trails of smoke left behind by fighters firing machineguns: as far as I know, the smokeless powders were introduced toward the end of XIX century to deal with automatic guns, which couldn't operate with black powder. Those amounts of smoke, worthy of battle fields of American Civil War (just finished reading of The Red Badge of Courage by Stephen Crane ;) ) look incompatible with the use of cordite.

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 - RAM: 2GB DDR @ 201 MHz - MoBo: ASUSTeK Computer INC. A8N-SLI (Socket 939) - Vidcard: 1024MB NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT (Club3D) - Screen: L1750SQ (1280x1024@75Hz) - Audio: Realtek AC'97 Audio.

decipher

• Missioneer
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2015, 10:05:55 AM »

haha. maybe he is a big "The Simpsons" fan?! i have no idea  :D

just to clarify: the base is engine mod 2.7, which will, without the Western0221 Patch, mess up AI behavior (they will crash into mountains, prone to crash into the ground, during landing etc.) - these things are not really part of JapanCats Marge Effects, but his Effects Set uses some of the same classfiles, so he uses those mods as a base (to prevent classfile conflicts and errors).

i am not 100% sure about the name really. i think it is a translation error and he wanted to call it "merged effects" because he merged some of his older effects with new ones... i don't really speak japanese and i only helped him with some testing, so i am not really involved in it, other than promoting it now, because i like it and his work :)

even though the communication can be complicated (google translation still has problems with translation to and from japanese, such a complicated language) he is open for suggestions and feedback on his blog.

you probably have a point with the exaggerated smoke trails from firing guns. i guess it adds up because there are like 3 guns on each wing firing at the same time?

greybeard

• Modder
  • diligo veritatem
    • Old stuff about RB3D and a tiny "IL2 corner"
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2015, 01:05:34 PM »

Hi decipher,

and thanks for this thread and your explanation. Indeed, crashing at low altitudes was an issue. About firing guns smoke trails, having a glance to some standstill tests, like following ones:

actually, there is a considerable amount of smoke emitted by guns when firing (more smoke for more guns, as you pointed out). I don't know how much it remains visible at 400 km/h or such speeds (no genuine in-flight filming seems available). All in, could be a futile debate, I fear.
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 - RAM: 2GB DDR @ 201 MHz - MoBo: ASUSTeK Computer INC. A8N-SLI (Socket 939) - Vidcard: 1024MB NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT (Club3D) - Screen: L1750SQ (1280x1024@75Hz) - Audio: Realtek AC'97 Audio.

squiffy

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2015, 02:03:28 PM »

It does appear that guns (at least .50 cals) fired in the air produced significant smoke trails, as exhibited by footage here, seen @ 3:34, as a P-51 fires on a strafing run and smoke and muzzleblasts can be clearly seen

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Additional footage of smoke trails can be seen @ 4:38

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 24 queries.