Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: JapanCat releases NEW Marge Effects for SAS Engine MOD 2.7!  (Read 9424 times)

wolfiz

• IL-2 Sturmovik 1946 Modders and News
Re: JapanCat releases NEW Marge Effects for SAS Engine MOD 2.7!
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2015, 09:34:15 PM »

Some of the effects are nice, but gunsmoke from .50s is much less dense with a segmented, rippled look. Here's the smoke of 6 .50s from an F6F.. Lightening up that effect a little would be fairly easy.

greybeard

• Modder
  • diligo veritatem
    • Old stuff about RB3D and a tiny "IL2 corner"
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2015, 01:32:42 AM »

It does appear that guns (at least .50 cals) fired in the air produced significant smoke trails, as exhibited by footage here, seen @ 3:34, as a P-51 fires on a strafing run and smoke and muzzleblasts can be clearly seen

Absolutely true!

Despite my talking about the American Civil War and cordite, I was wrong: "smokeless" powders will still produce a significant quantity of smoke that can be seen even when the fighter shoots at high speed. The debate has not been futile, as it has proven this fact. Hats off to Japancat who modeled this effect; it can be not yet perfect for any weapon and kind of ammo, but it is way better than nothing!

Cheers,
GB
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 - RAM: 2GB DDR @ 201 MHz - MoBo: ASUSTeK Computer INC. A8N-SLI (Socket 939) - Vidcard: 1024MB NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT (Club3D) - Screen: L1750SQ (1280x1024@75Hz) - Audio: Realtek AC'97 Audio.

decipher

• Missioneer
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2015, 01:02:06 AM »

i stumbled across this old video about P-47's today and when i saw this scene (at time 2:44) i was reminded of the smoke discussion :)

https://youtu.be/shsxuauQA3w?t=2m44s

the video is worth watching completely either way. in regards of the smoke, i think greybeard already said it best: " it can be not yet perfect for any weapon and kind of ammo, but it is way better than nothing!"

cheers!

western0221

• Modder
  • Live in Japan
    • IL-2 itaki blog
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2015, 02:50:40 PM »

"Marge Effects for SAS Engine MOD 2.7 v20151031R" is released in his blog with a new entry (not the link page of 1st post).

This version contains "western patch 25/Oct./2015".

decipher

• Missioneer
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2015, 11:34:32 PM »

great news. thanks to western0221 for your continued work to fix bugs with EngineMod!

for me this is the perfect combination. enginemod, western patch, japancats effects.  8)

Cally18

« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2016, 11:46:30 PM »

Had to share this story after a bizarre experience concerning the AI.

Okay, I am in a Ki-43 trying to climb over the clouds, and catch up to a group of enemy fighters. (It was amazing the engine never overheat.) Eventually i match altitude and speed, now here's where it gets interesting. My target NOSE DIVES, and maneuvers! in a down ward spiral. I had been using my target scope (Which is so good on that plane.) Only 5 shots hit him, and only just as i overtake him, and pass by, does he then break contact and peel away. Seconds later bullets were flying behind me from his wing man.

I was amazed it was very nice. All the other small things i have noticed are pretty cool! Thank yoU!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 24 queries.